It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Carlin's Greatest Moment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I thought that in this election season.
I'd post some of the greatest words uttered by one of Americas Greatest Comedians ever.
And now that I'm old enough to get it.
He's absolutely 100% positively correct in everything he has to say.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Rest In Peace.

i can't wait to meet George one day, and just give him a big hug.

wake up everyone, sleepy time is OVER!

peace! (but only if you want it)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It's too bad few people listened to George, he had a lot to say.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Too bad Mr. Carlin is gone. He would have made a great VP for Ron Paul.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
George Carlin is one of my all time favorites, and he is right on many things.

But he is wrong on religion being bullchit. it is not. What he is describing the idiots who misuse religion to follow their own ends and means. That is what he really should've been pissed about, not the fact that people believe.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Yes, he was a modern day sage, or something like that, lol. Told it like it is and pulled no punches, just how I like it.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

No, he was right especially about religion. It is nothing but a purveyor of ignorance, intolerance, hatred and violence. "Love all", they say right before, "or else you will go to eternal hell". Lol...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
"I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death"- George carlin

Best line ever.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Hmm..

after over 50 years on this planet..

I would say ole' George was spot on about religion..

best thing i have ever heard..thanks OP...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
George Carlin is one of my all time favorites, and he is right on many things.

But he is wrong on religion being bullchit. it is not. What he is describing the idiots who misuse religion to follow their own ends and means. That is what he really should've been pissed about, not the fact that people believe.

you know, i actually completely 100% agree with you on that.

its the people trying to make money off of religion that are the ones that nobody should trust.

it is a healthy thing to believe in something, for your own personal reasons.

george carlin is an awesome person.

peace.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by openlocks

No, he was right especially about religion. It is nothing but a purveyor of ignorance, intolerance, hatred and violence. "Love all", they say right before, "or else you will go to eternal hell". Lol...

i always think about "that" part of religion as that point in history when that one really crazy hateful fanatical individual got his hands on the bible and wrote "and if you don't you go to h*ll" right as they were about to make more bibles.

i think that whoever that was, they really corrupted the religion up....

i believe G exists and that G is a really nice and smart all powerful awareness that watches your back and protects you and teaches you, and decides certain things for certain reasons, as well as punish you accordingly when your being bad....

but i don't think anybody should have to suffer forever.

(but we really don't know how things work, that is until we... finish)

peace ^_^

(just my opinion)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It is a fine Carlin moment, it is not a fine moment for the audience. The audience, upon hearing the horror of the truth, hooted, clapped and laughed. And while Carlin delivers the truth in a slightly humorous way - far less funny and more serious then usual, the audience response is horrifying to me. It should have sent them into tears, instead the laughter at their own enslavement is sad. It could be gallows humor, but I doubt it, instead people just don't see the truth even when presented.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

But he is wrong on religion being bullchit. it is not.

I'd be interested in knowing why it is you feel this way.

By its very definition, religion is a thing which propagates a damning and pervasive brand of ignorance. It stifles a man's innate sense of reasoning so that he puts stock into myths and fancies without the slightest bit of evidence towards their validity. In this sense, it is dangerous-- it threatens the very aspects of humanity that set us apart from the rest of the animal kingdom.

And then there are the many atrocities committed in the name of religion-- already deplorable acts made all the more heinous by the assertions of the instigators that they are committed in the name of hallowed fictions. That isn't to say that no good has come from religion-- I myself know a great and many good people who also happen to be religious. I think it important to add however that religion in and of itself does not necessarily facilitate acts of kindness or good will. These are parts of human nature, and would doubtless continue even without the persistence of religion. Being a nice atheist, I'm proof enough of that

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedComet

But he is wrong on religion being bullchit. it is not.

I'd be interested in knowing why it is you feel this way.

By its very definition, religion is a thing which propagates a damning and pervasive brand of ignorance. It stifles a man's innate sense of reasoning so that he puts stock into myths and fancies without the slightest bit of evidence towards their validity. In this sense, it is dangerous-- it threatens the very aspects of humanity that set us apart from the rest of the animal kingdom.

And then there are the many atrocities committed in the name of religion-- already deplorable acts made all the more heinous by the assertions of the instigators that they are committed in the name of hallowed fictions. That isn't to say that no good has come from religion-- I myself know a great and many good people who also happen to be religious. I think it important to add however that religion in and of itself does not necessarily facilitate acts of kindness or good will. These are parts of human nature, and would doubtless continue even without the persistence of religion. Being a nice atheist, I'm proof enough of that

while some of the things you say are true, i would just like to add this thought i had.

what if someone was just like "i believe in G"

and there was no scary religion attached?

peace.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

This has less to do with "scary religion" and more to do with people believing in things without the slightest bit of evidence. Believing in a god that's backed up by a book of Bronze-age myths and believing in a god that isn't backed up by a "scary religion" is still the same thing: Delusionalism.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedComet

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

This has less to do with "scary religion" and more to do with people believing in things without the slightest bit of evidence. Believing in a god that's backed up by a book of Bronze-age myths and believing in a god that isn't backed up by a "scary religion" is still the same thing: Delusionalism.

alright, i respect your opinion.

but call it whatever you want, i believe in G and im happy with that.

G doesn't trick me

G doesn't tax me

G doesn't ruin my day

G isn't my imaginary friend.

peace.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

My take on the audience reaction was more of clapping and applauding and understanding of what he was trying to get across. not really laughing. I mean, he is funny but his subject manner is not. It's the truth. When I hear him I giggle at his delivery but not at his subject matter. So I think the audience was agreeing and getting what he had to say. I could be wrong but that is what my thoughts were.

I'm very sad he has passed away. I didn't realize how great he was until a few years after his passing.

Somehow I happened upon one or two of his shows and my jaw dropped because what he was saying I almost 100% agreed with him.

It's great to listen to his past shows but yes, I'm sad I discovered him too late.

He just put it out there. RIP George , you old fart.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
George Carlin was a genius, the western world need a hell of alot more people like him.
My opinion on, well, geopolitics and various others can be summed up more actreatly with this Bill Hicks compliation;

This would be one hell of a presidency to vote for aye? Carlin/Hicks president/vice president (either for either role).

I would pack up and move from the UK to the USA in a flash.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2012 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
That will probably never get old for me.

The really really sad thing is that, he told people exactly what is going on. Those same people will go home and think it was all a joke. They won't research anything. They will continue to vote for the typical Left or Right popular candidate. They won't get worked up enough to talk about these very serious issues with their friends, to spread the word. It's all just break time for them. Just ol' George ranting like he usually does.

This shows me even when you have the stage and the mic and can speak to an entire audience and speak the truth, you won't really create much change anyway.

Some of you may disagree and say he changed some minds there. I highly doubt it. Call me cynical. That's my speculative opinion. I can't change people's minds even when I am serious and tell them very direct facts. It's like I'm speaking another language.

The Zionists who run the media, have done it. They control public opinion for the crucial most part. Apparently you don't need to convince everyone, just most people. We are all screwed. If I had to place a bet, it would be that they get what they are after.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
"A house is just a place to keep your stuff while you go out and get more stuff."
"Have you ever noticed that their stuff is # and your # is stuff?"

His bits on "STUFF"
Pretty much defines how everyone is a mindless consumer.
Straight Clownin

top topics

<<   2 >>

join