It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raul Castro: Cuba willing to sit down with US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

HAVANA (AP) — CUBAN President Raul Castro said Thursday that his government is willing to mend fences with bitter Cold War foe the United States and sit down to discuss anything, as long as it is a conversation between equals.

what do you guys think?

is it just a ploy, or are they scared about not being on a side?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

I personally think that this little "tiff" has gone on way to long. I mean hell, we were at war with Viet Nam for 10 years,. who are now solid allies of ours.
I dont get it

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Raul has made some interesting changes so far so i think the guys legit in making even more changes. Would be sweet to see Cuba rise.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The old people running the country wanna continue thier beef with people from before most americans and I were born. its time to get over it and move on.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
All those old men in cubas congress are dead within the next decade anyway, it'll be over

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
US should have ended the embargo against Cuba years ago.
US has done business with worse dictators during this embargo.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Man, I was thinking the same thing
. The Cubans that came to the U.S. during Castro may disagree, but I think it's time high level talks start.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JMech

and most of them are dead

time for change

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wlord

Most of them are not dead. My parents are alive and well. And there are many, many refugees still coming here who may not agree. That said, I too think its time to lift the veil here. In no way should we be funding or encouraging the Cuban regime, but we should be more open to them and maybe we can get some positive changes out of it.

new topics

top topics

join