It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Road (movie), what if life was like this?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I saw this film ages ago ....how would you survive this type of SHTF world?
edit on 26-7-2012 by EqualizerUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
One hell of a film, and one of the reasons is that it is the most realistic one out there with such a scenario.

I suppose you would have to survive like people in the film did, scavenge and join a group, steal from others, and yes, i could see canibalism being a common practice.

It would be much like the road mixed with Fallout i suppose, without all the mutants and what not of course.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Never saw it. What is the scenario?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It would be good versus bad if cannibalism came into play!!!

E

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK

It was completely unrealistic. Is Chernobyl a wasteland? no is anywhere that has radiation damage devoid of life? no.

They found the perfect spot to be and it was well stocked with food and supplies, then they heard a dog bark got scared then left? Because they didn't want to be a victim of cannibals. If the people had supplies they would not be cannibals.
edit on 26-7-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Most people would be screwed..

What is scary is that most people think that life will always be like it is now, even though in the span of human history we are living in just a small blip. It is far more likely that something will happen and knock civilization back into the dark ages rather than world peace.

My advice to people is learn how you will obtain water without electricity... being a plumber i got this down.. second would be keep a survial bag ready at all times with necessities.. ways to start fires, tools, knives.. even handcuffs.. you will have the hardest time in a world like that surviving the surviors

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Never saw it. What is the scenario?

A man and his son are on the road to the coast in some kind of aftermath of a global end of the world type of an event (the film never says what it is).

The man has cannibals/killers on his tail as well as a world of very little to survive on....

E

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
like in the film i think in a post real TEOTWAWKI type of environment would have all sorts of crazy people...cannibals, rapists,child molesters,thieves, etc etc...only difference is there would be no real law to stop them apart from "Dredds law" where you would be judge - jury and executioner...

E

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

It was completely unrealistic. Is Chernobyl a wasteland? no is anywhere that has radiation damage devoid of life? no.

They found the perfect spot to be and it was well stocked with food and supplies, then they heard a dog bark got scared then left? Because they didn't want to be a victim of cannibals. If the people had supplies they would not be cannibals.
to bad you were not there. What with you keen skills and level head

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
"The Road" is probably the most harrowing post-apocalyptic scenario I'be ever come across. Makes the Road Warrior and the like seem like the Muppets.

I encourage people who are interested to read the original book by Cormac McCarthy. His use of language is pure genius.

edit on 7/26/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert

Glad i made an impression !

E

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK

E
that's an excellent come back!
You took the high road on that one!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
"The Doad" is probably the most harrowing post-apocalyptic scenario I'be ever come across. Makes the Road Warrior and the like seem like the Muppets.

I encourage people who are interested to read the original book by Cormac McCarthy. His use of language is pure genius.

Yes the book is better than the film, but the film is a very good adaption ...Vigo Mortison is very very good ...

youtube clip...

www.youtube.com...

link   

Originally posted by Doalrite

most people would be screwed as soon as the power went off permanently.

link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK

E
that's an excellent come back!
You took the high road on that one!

(Takes a bow)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

Originally posted by Doalrite

most people would be screwed as soon as the power went off permanently.

There would be a massive panic...

E

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Excuse me for offering my opinion.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Great movie, their was a thread earlier asking what people would do to survive in a shtf scenario and a lot of people said they would do anything including canabalism, I instantly thought of the movie and realised we really will be screwed as people will turn into savages very quickly

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The Road. Touched me to the marrow of my bones, with the reality of what will happen if TSHTF in a really bad way. It tore my heart out, made me aware of how important it is to have plans in place.

Once you see The Road, you'll never forget it. Well worth scaring the bejeezus out of yourself to watch it.

Des

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Intersting film but would have been better if they'd explained what had happened. Going by the sickness of the father and a few others it hinted at nuclear war.
Were not allowed guns in the UK but as this film showed, your f'd without one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join