It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"That they belong on the battlefield of war, not on the streets of our cities." - Barack Obama.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Actually that is not entirely incorrect as our soldiers use the M-16/M-4 (5.56 x 45) and not the AK-47 which is primarily a former soviet bloc weapon (7.62 x 39)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
"I also believe that a lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals," - Barack Obama.

Hmmm.

That statement could easily turn into another gaffe.

The only soldiers that use AK-47's are "enemy" soldiers ..... right ??

I hope those soldiers weren't listening !!

I was thinking the same thing! Excuse my ignorance but when has the US Armed Forces EVER used AK-47's? Dont they use M-16A4's as their primary firearm? Anything even close to the AK-47 is the AK74

This president is in way over his head!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
They belong on the battlefield, not on the streets of American cities.

Obama is talking about AK-47s and semi-auto assault rifles.

I will counter with the same point on soldiers, the National Guard, and armored vehicles...

They belong on the battlefield and not on the streets of American cities...

But as long as they are there, my AK-47 will be too.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Great Point! Aerial Drones, para-military style raids, indefinite detention as an enemy combatant, intelligence agents, etc. When all of those things are confined to enemy territory and foreign battlefields, then maybe we can discuss giving up our civilian assault-style weapons.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
So explain to me how gun control laws will keep them out of the hands of criminals?

Still waiting.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

AK-47's were used against U.S. troops in Vietnam, Grenada, Iraq, Afghanistan just to name 4.

Most possible "enemy" armies use AK-47's.

And of course many "friends" use AK-47's.

It is a pretty good gun they say.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Does even mention enemy soldiers? Nope sure doesn't because many of our allies use AK's also. Maybe you should take the time to learn what type of weapons our allies use.
Really? Please list which allies of ours use AK-47s? I think you may be mistaken.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
"Never let a good disaster go to waste."

- That one guy who killed a lot of people.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Don't say that! They might read your comment and think its a good idea.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DCLXVI

"I also believe that a lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals," - Barack Obama.

Hmmmmm, REALLY??? I wonder what Brian Terry's family has to say about that statement!!!! Fast and Furious sure as hell wasn't supplying weapons to the military now was it??

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCLXVI

'I also believe that a lot of drone manufacturers would agree that DRONES belong in the hands of trained military, not in the hands of local police' - Just another helpless/hopeless voter

edit on 26-7-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Your not allowed to bring sense when everyone is having a blow everything out of proportion party.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I can not believe people are so absent minded. Obama was against guns from the beginning. I was never for him because I'm Pro-life, and Pro-Firearms. I saw a bumper sticker that said this: " so you voted for Obama to prove your not a racist huh?, well who ya gonna vote for now to prove your not an idiot?" I gotta say I like that! We always got the best alternative candidates don't we? Mitt Romney for President? God help us! This Anti-firearms Agenda is for the birds. Did you see that video about NY Mayor Bloomberg? He said " All the police officer's should go on strike until the American people turn in their gun's". What an Idiotic position to take. What Law Enforcement Official could take order's from such a coward? I am so afraid that awareness won't be enough to stop it, I mean everyone knew about Obama Care and they still got that.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wideawake100

You realize no "pro-life" politician will ever be elected again right? Those days are over. Romney is pro-choice, and the ultra conservative like Ron Paul are also pro-choice, because it is part of promoting small government.

I'm also 99% pro-life, but like Ron Paul, I don't think the Federal Government should be dictating that decision.

As for guns, the politicians will never go after the citizens with guns, but they will go after the manufacturers and ammo makers, they will add more and more taxes, and more and more licensing fees. They will continue to tighten the screws, but no politician will ever say they are against gun ownership in general.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
What makes this VERY interesting is when you consider who has recently be buying up all the gunsmiths and ammunition manufacturers
Keep digging

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Does even mention enemy soldiers? Nope sure doesn't because many of our allies use AK's also. Maybe you should take the time to learn what type of weapons our allies use.

Why would an American president care about the weapons of our allies or enemies and what bearing does it have in American issues concerning the 2nd Amendment?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Very good point there. Private corps with deep govt connections are buying up as many of the gun manufacturers as possible. You can say it's just them trying to flip companies and make stupid profits. But then add the fact that NATO wants the US to disarm (why?) PCrs are making a huge fuss over our 2A rights. The Colorado shooting smells like a MKultra type of hit. It sure seems like someone has one hell of an agenda to disarm the american people.

Sad too that the knee jerkers and PCs are being manipulated like pawns to try and swing the majority into voting to toss out our 2A. Can only wonder whos going to protect them when the cute cuddly tptb decides to turn on them too. Probably guys like me. The same guys these folks are saying are a part of the problem.

Also people need to get their terms correct. Semi Automatic rifles are NOT assault weapons. 5.56 is not a high powered round. GO to a gun range get familiar with guns loose your fear of guns, discover guns aren't the problem, our society is.
edit on 26-7-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

No really
Look a lot closer at who's been buying them recently, it leads to a few familiar names

Sorry, rude of me I know but I'm not exactly at the computer to post links

edit on 26-7-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The big spike in gun sales after this event IMHO was not from fear of getting blown away by a maniacal killer, but for fear that the government would use this tragedy to take away guns from the private citizen.

The public trust level of the government is right where it should be. American's aren't going to willing turn guns over.It will be one bullet at a time or pried out of their dead hands as we commonly hear around ATS. People are readying themselves for this if Obama gets re-elected.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

And what about: Fast and Furious Mr. President?

A federal operation dubbed Fast and Furious allowed weapons from the U.S. to pass into the hands of suspected gun smugglers so the arms could be traced to the higher echelons of Mexican drug cartels. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, which ran the operation, has lost track of hundreds of firearms, many of which have been linked to crimes, including the fatal shooting of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry in December 2010.

R.I.P Brian Terry
www.latimes.com...

Those people were Criminal's were they not?
edit on 26-7-2012 by guohua because: spelling

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join