It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full reconstruction of the brain.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
In different countries, work is underway to rebuild the brain. There used to chip the size of erythrocytes and reconstituted the communication mechanism in the brain. There are also projects to create work using a computer brain. Is there a conspiratorial information about these developments?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by alexandrelois

They aren't being particularly successful, if so.

There are still no generally intelligent computers or algorithms. There are some projects like Blue Brain - they are aiming to simulate cortical minicolumns (the functional unit of the neocortex), but haven't really produced any impressive results, to my eye.

Often computer scientists try to brag that their neural net model now has similar capacity to the neocortex. But the models of neural connectivity tend to be highly simplistic. They are neither biologically or algorithmically realistic.

Most models of neural connectivity are at a primitive stage. There is no overarching theory of brain function, thus there are no simulators.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

Thank you. It's very interesting. I did not understand what they want to get the result. What they do in the end?
Do you believe that I have created the AI​​?

edit on 27-7-2012 by alexandrelois because: (no reason given)

join