It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Depresion and Today's Crisis Coincidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Reading this article I noticed a similar characteristic between the current crisis and the great depresion era.

The economic depression of the 1930s was longer and harder than any other in American history because it was followed by one of the longest and hardest droughts on record. There are cycles of drought, but this was one of the worst ever recorded. The decade started with dry years in 1930 and 1931 especially in the East. Then, 1934 recorded extremely dry conditions over almost 80 percent of the United States. Extreme drought conditions returned in 1936, 1939 and 1940. Walter Schmitt calls this the "double whammy" of drought and depression.

www.livinghistoryfarm.org...

Economic crisis + record breaking drought combo seems to be back.

WASHINGTON — The worst drought in the United States in nearly a half-century is expected to drive up the price of milk, beef and pork next year, the government said Wednesday, as consumers bear some of the brunt of the sweltering heat that is driving up the cost of feed corn.

www.commercialappeal.com...

So I wonder if the Elite knew it ahead and maybe they have "good timing". If history keeps matching, next move would be WW3, and we all know right know it's a big chance for that.

Maybe all had been designed already or maybe we just have a second chance to pay a karma.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Another coincidence is the European economy's going to sh!t as well. Make of that what you will.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Seems to me it's more of a coincedence that everytime we come into the final stages of globalization, this thing happens.

Before ww1, before ww2, and the present day.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Think of it this way: the economy of the 20's and 30's was much more domestic and Agra-based than today's. So, an economic shock (driven by drought) after a financial collapse was a horrible combination of events....

Now, financials dominitate the market cap of financial markets and the economy is far-less Agra-based.

What does this mean? The Euro crises impacts a lot of things (especially financials), the lack of rain here in the US could drive commodity inflation (rising food prices), and an overall slowdown in economic activity (see recent manufacturing and service surveys and their patchy results), and that is your "bear-cases"

"THIS TIME IT'S DIFFERENT" is usually a huge red flag in finance....but in this case, the risks are far more diverse and complex than the drought....which could hurt pocket books -- but alone, not drive financial chaos ...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SFWatcher

Interesting post, thank you. Now I have only one word in my mind : "Stockpiling". I wonder...Isn't happening already?....Are "they" already doing that?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Back then it was a chicken in every pot....what is going to be this depressions slogan?

"forgo that chicken in a pot, and donate the money to my re election fund?".

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Yes, the coincidences are interesting.
This site is well worth a read to make comparisons
Timeline of the Great Depression
One of the many interesting observations

By 1929, the richest 1 percent will own 40 percent of the nation's wealth. The bottom 93 percent will have experienced a 4 percent drop in real disposable per-capita income between 1923 and 1929

The page was last updated in 2007, before the GFC, which makes the comparisons even more relevant

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Colbomoose

Thanks, I've been reading that info during the day. The pattern is evident and really hard to explain.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I agree, my friend and I were discussing this just the other day. I am not sure what to make of it either. It seems odd to me that we would be having a 'do over' of such a horrible time in our history. Did we not do it right the first time?

new topics

top topics

join