It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez sent message to Russian Gov. regarding SU-35

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SickeningTruths

The Su-35 Fighters that Russia is selling them...do not have total state of the Art Avionics...and even if they did...would pose little threat to the United States. Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

The Su-35 Fighters that Russia is selling them...do not have total state of the Art Avionics...and even if they did...would pose little threat to the United States. Split Infinity

Unlike most US citizens I'm not just worried about my own country. And as "loos minded" as he can be some times, I don't think he's dumb enough to do anything against the US.. Unless he allies with Nkoria or something along those lines..

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I didn't mention anyones name.

Look, i really have no issue with Chavez. Most of the propaganda against him is silly. Of course, he says stupid stuff that draws fire on his own...

....but the "fatherland" rhetoric is unnerving. If it is something that is repeated, it might show a desire to develop a hypernationalistic culture. THAT is where the problem starts. A nation with a decent array of national resources, that is showing traits of hypernationalism, that is wanting to buy super swank mlitary technology. Because, you know, Venezuela is always at war and needs them, right?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Just a guess but was it like when the US annexed Texas ?

Texas annexation at Wikipedia

What?

I can only guess at what you mean, since the term "fatherland" was not in the link you sent me. But the annexation of Texas was not really US Imperialism (although "Manifest Destiny" really was a display of latent imperialism). The Texas annexation was, in essence, a treaty by which Texas agreed to pretend to be a state, and the US agreed to not push us around like a state.

Of course, how it plays out in reality is another matter....

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SickeningTruths

Originally posted by XeroOne
Why not? Doesn't it have the right to ensure its own domestic security, like any other nation?

Does a leader who bullied there way into presidency "Tyrannical leader", have the right to do this.. Sure, do I have to feel comfortable about it... NOPE.. And I don't think I'm alone here...

He seem to be nice to his people. Except of course the parasitic elite that stole all resources from the people that is unhappy that they are not getting all that cash anymore and that the poorest people are not in such a bad shape anymore. Even when they live in mansions they whine about how it was better when there was a US puppet running the show. The people wanted Chaves and the US hates democracies where everybody gets more of what is fair that all the cake going to the 1%.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

oh wow. A new "Fatherland", huh?

Who does THAT sound like?

Seriously!? Comparing Hugo Chavez to Adolf Hitler?

Kinda funny since it is US that is becoming more fascist every day and imperalistic. If you wanna look at the Hitler for the 2012 then look at the white house. You might change the man who is the fuhrer but he still leads the same way. World war three here we come. Funny that the savior in the last war will be the villan in the next. How far US have fallen with CIA/Homeland security (the new Gestapo) building up the police state. The only way to be free is constant viggalance against the elite.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SickeningTruths

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Unlike most US citizens I'm not just worried about my own country. And as "loos minded" as he can be some times, I don't think he's dumb enough to do anything against the US.. Unless he allies with Nkoria or something along those lines..

CHAVY BOY...is pretty funny to listen to...LOL! This guy is STEALING BILLIONS from his own people all the while blaming the U.S. for everything from Earthquakes to Tsunami's....now that I think about it...could be us! LOL! Split Infinity

top topics

<< 1   >>

join