It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizens stand up against cop shootings!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

these people said ENOUGH, they all got together and are suing the lalala out of the city.

inb4 "sadly we know the cops will get away with this as always"

WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT.

peace.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I've never seen this city like this an I've lived here all my life. People are pissed off and rightfully so. The police officers are known to be racist and like to mess with people. I've let people I've worked with know how bad it was and most of them didn't believe me. If it weren't for the way they are I would of probably become a cop here. Something needs to be done about this, hopefully it can be accomplished peacefully.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eg714
I've never seen this city like this an I've lived here all my life. People are pissed off and rightfully so. The police officers are known to be racist and like to mess with people. I've let people I've worked with know how bad it was and most of them didn't believe me. If it weren't for the way they are I would of probably become a cop here. Something needs to be done about this, hopefully it can be accomplished peacefully.

i think the biggest problem with jobs like police officer and other jobs, is that they attract a certain type of person, (someone who wants to serve and protect) and another type of person. (someone who thinks its cool to boss people around and hold a gun)

we need more serve and protect, and less "YOU GOTTA DO WHAT I SAY BECAUSE IM POLICE MHUAHUA PEPPER SPRAY"

am i right?

peace.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

I live in plainfield indiana, it is a suburb of indianapolis on the south west side. We never have any problems even close to what I keep reading about in these big cities on the coast. I just find it funny that we see the need to make laws to protect our citizens from police brutality, more specifically if a LEO kicks in the wrong door in my town he will be shot and nothing will happen to the shooter. Guess how many times they have kicked in the wrong door since they passed that law. Ya, exactly zero.

Having said all of that, why in the world would you stay in such a # place with you family? Especially knowing you can move to any number of very safe low crime cities around the country.

All I am saying is that we never have riots or any large civil disobediance here. And I do mean not EVER! Yet our legislature listens to its citizens and passes laws that guarantee our safety from police oppression. Why not just move and take you money and skill sets to a place that actually cares about its citizens?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Having said all of that, why in the world would you stay in such a # place with you family? Especially knowing you can move to any number of very safe low crime cities around the country.

All I am saying is that we never have riots or any large civil disobediance here. And I do mean not EVER! Yet our legislature listens to its citizens and passes laws that guarantee our safety from police oppression. Why not just move and take you money and skill sets to a place that actually cares about its citizens?

Most people don't have the luxury of just moving to a new place. Jobs are scarce down here and the reason it's not like this where you live is because there are a lot of minorities here who most police feel are below them. That's why people are protesting now because everyone's tired of getting treated like a second class citizen.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Eg714

Lol man, you really think Indiana one of the fastest growing construction markets in the country doesn't have an illegal immigrant problem also? Here in Indianapolis we have U.S. 40 running right through downtown. On the west side, the side I live on, we call it little mexico. I can't even read the signs on the businesses.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

I'm not saying that we have immigration problem down here (we clearly do). What I'm sayin is that most of the people down here are Mexican American and get treated different. Even though most of us are citizens we still get miss treated by the cops. I'm not saying everyone who gets stopped by them but I've heard many stories and experienced the prejudice of the Anaheim police first hand. There are still a lot of good cops out there though and I have faith in this city that we will reach a peaceful resolution.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Eg714 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join