It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protecting the Rights of Parents and Their Children...The UN wants control..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Many thanks to Rick and Karen Santorum for illuminating this pending tragedy in the coming United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (“CRPD”).

It is not the Government that knows best folks... It should always be the parents that know best!!. Apparently, Obama seems to think the opposite and this meshes with his notion that the govt. knows best for our healthcare, welfare, private enterprise, student loans etc etc etc...

Read on... Open your eyes and Pay Attention! This UN treaty could very well become the law of the land in the United States of America!!!!!

On the surface, CRPD calls for numerous protections for people with disabilities. Many of these protections are consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act. However, CRPD also includes provisions that were drafted by the United Nations and should concern all Americans. If ratified, CRPD would become the law of the land under the U.S. Constitution’s Supremacy Clause, and would trump state laws, and could be used as precedent by state and federal judges. Since it is a treaty, the Constitution requires that it must be ratified by two-thirds of the United States Senate.

The trouble within... Our govt. will be guided by the UN...a disturbing trend!!!!!

There are two very troubling provisions in this treaty. The first spreads the identical standard for the control of children with disabilities as is contained in the U.N. Convention on the Rights of the Child. This means that the Federal government, acting under U.N. directions, can determine for all children with disabilities what is best for them. The second, the education provision of CRPD does not support the parental rights rules of past U.N. human rights treaties. Omission of these rules would potentially eradicate parental rights for the education of children with disabilities.

Over the years we have seen many U.N. treaties which can endanger the American way of life by attempting to trump U.S. laws. As a matter of foreign policy, we firmly believe that we should never allow our beliefs and values to be outsourced to outside entities that may not always have our best interests in mind.

The Santorum's speak from a first hand perspective. Their daughter Bella is a special needs child who needs extensive care.

Many parents across the U.S. care for special-needs children, and like us, they know that they are best equipped to do so. They are deeply invested in their children, and are the best liaison between their child and the proper care provided by physicians, nurses, and other health-care personnel. And as their special-needs children get older, these parents determine what educational options are best for them.

What’s so problematic here is that the provisions of this treaty could open the door for a professional or government official to override the decision that we as parents need to make for our special-needs children.

Having been blessed with Bella, and all of our wonderful children, we’ve learned that when it comes to their care, we know what’s best. CRPD threatens to take parents out of the equation and attempt to determine the right path for children they have never met.

Share this with as many people as you can

The Senate Foreign Relations Committee is planning hearings on this treaty as early as tomorrow, July 26, despite an announcement last week that the issue was to be postponed indefinitely. Karen and I are urging continued pressure on the White House and on the U.S. Senate to ensure that this treaty never sees the light of day on the Senate floor. Together we know we can make a tremendous impact when we speak with one voice on an issue we feel passionately about. It is astounding that the U.S. Senate was even considering ratification of this treaty, which would effectively give the United Nations oversight on how we care for our special-needs kids.

There is a lot at stake in this upcoming meeting. Including the looming arms trade treaty. Which side will the United States of America end up on. Our nation is treading precariously on a very slippery slope and it would appear that our President is leading the way...

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Are children diagnosed with ADHD etc classed as special need? If so this would explain why they seem hell bent on diagnosing as many children as possible with these dissoreders. This is one step from total control of ALL children.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Are children diagnosed with ADHD etc classed as special need? If so this would explain why they seem hell bent on diagnosing as many children as possible with these dissoreders. This is one step from total control of ALL children.

Yes, yes they are.

Just love the 0bama march to World Government.
Can' wait to see what this traitor does next.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
My youngest with apraxia and very high energy, and high strung, creates most problems at home, is loved beyond the universe, bigger than the sky. If this passes and our Government signs, and they want to test my son, he will be homeschooled. No testing given.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Not necessarily.
Currently they are narrowing the criteria for kids with autism.
This means that a fair number of children will have their dx revoked.
Leaving them without any dx at all.
There is an unfortunate number of children with disabilities who have no real diagnosis and are left in limbo.

My question for the UN would be: How exactly would they plan on executing this little plan? Plus with HIPPA laws in place, protecting child and parent, do they plan on sweeping that little fact under the rug? Unless of course they count as an organization who already has your personal information available to them which I would find as interesting breach of privacy.

My point is that a child's diagnosis is a private matter to begin with protected by federal law.
The UN has no place in their business.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
My youngest with apraxia and very high energy, and high strung, creates most problems at home, is loved beyond the universe, bigger than the sky. If this passes and our Government signs, and they want to test my son, he will be homeschooled. No testing given.

I know quite a few home schooled children and they are ALL very well balanced and better educated than those who are in the system. Home schooling is really catching on, if its at all possible (I know its not for some) home school them. Some people call it Un-schooling

The head of a local school turned up with his own children at a home ed group that I visit, I asked him why he was there, his reply "the same reason your here"
edit on 25-7-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

You mean the treaty that is based on a U.S. law signed by George H.W. Bush? The treaty that is purely a suggestion with no means of enforcement and would change absolutely nothing here in the United States but would push other countries to treat those who are disabled with the same respect that we treat our disabled citizens? That treaty? Pull yourself out of conspiracy land and start valuing reality and truth.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
This whole UN treaty is based on the US laws. So what exactly is the problem?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

No, no it is not. It has expanding laws and regulations.
I understand you are thirsty for "One world Government", and basically show an utter lack understanding to anything that isn't spoon feed to you, but that is BS.

The treaty, that was not accepted several days ago, goes deeper, wider and farther than any other US based law.
I do love the idea of "registering people with disabilities", That is quaint. Maybe make them wear an arm band as well.

edit on 7-12-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Reply to post by macman

Could become the law of the land in the US?

It already was. HW signed it 20 years ago. You're spreading absurd lies and fear mongering. To suggest that the UN is going to mandate anything is just wrong.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This thread is symptomatic of the USA's decline by every measure versus the rest of the world, save military spending. Basically -- what stands between US and greatness ins't an external enemy, it's the vast and growing legion of ignorant "citizens" who -- as a group -- demonstrate that crippling paranoia is a communicable disease.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Yeah. What we need is a huger military and we should round up all the takers and have them fight to the death and then guys like Rick Santorum can bring America into the paradise age where everyone is Christian and donates to Haliburton while the wealthiest pay no taxes and every government program becomes privatized.

Heaven for some. Sad for reality

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

www.un.org...
Article 18

2. Children with disabilities shall be registered immediately after birth and shall have the right from birth to a name, the right to acquire a nationality and, as far as possible, the right to know and be cared for by their parents.

Yeah, there is no "registration process" huh.......

This is a new treaty.

Nice play, but you fail.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by spinalremain

www.un.org...
Article 18

2. Children with disabilities shall be registered immediately after birth and shall have the right from birth to a name, the right to acquire a nationality and, as far as possible, the right to know and be cared for by their parents.

Yeah, there is no "registration process" huh.......

This is a new treaty.

Nice play, but you fail.

Everyone in the U.S., is already registered anyway....it's called a Social Security #.

As for the rest of what you quoted...

- have a right to be given a name (as opposed to a serial number in some government run sanitarium)
- have a right to acquire a nationality (as opposed to being a citizen of no nation)
- have right to know and be cared for by their parents. ( as opposed to forcibly designated as a ward of the state)

That's some evil stuff right there.

edit on 7-12-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Oh for God's sake.

The U.N. proposal is based on existing policies here in the United States. Nothing new here that we don't do already. John McCain and other responsible Republicans are backing it as well.

Are we now going to repudiate our own (I think very good) standards just because the rest of the world wants to adopt them?

The proposal says nothing about taking your children away or any of the other paranoid fantasies the right can come up with. I really doubt any country will send black helicopters over here if we do not have a wheelchair-accessible ramp where we need one.

It's just that many Americans want to dominate the rest of the world but not cooperate with other nations in any way.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Oh geez, your right. Because when you sign up for a SSN, it requires you to state whether you are disabled or handicap, and that information is stored and administered by the UN.

Sorry about that mix up, silly me.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Yeah, no more control to the UN huh?

Ok then, sure sure.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Oh geez, your right. Because when you sign up for a SSN, it requires you to state whether you are disabled or handicap, and that information is stored and administered by the UN.

Sorry about that mix up, silly me.

Silly me....I should have indicated that the "registration" is also known as a birth certificate; not a SS#.

Here, take a look at page 3 for an in depth definition/discussion of "registration"; then scroll to the bottom of page 10 to read up on the definition of "unregistered".

www.childinfo.org...

P.S. nowhere in Article 18 of that UN treaty does it say that the UN should, would, could, can, will, must, ect....be the record holder of birth certificates. Your supposition to anything otherwise is pure paranoia brought to you by the lunatics on the outer fringe of the right wing. Try doing some research (like I did) instead of parroting the straightjackets in the asylum.
edit on 7-12-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Why not just go directly to the UN site. It states a registration, not within a birth certificate.
Who would hold that registration database??? Geez, I wonder. If the UN proposes it, then by default, they would administer it.
So, by your train of thought, a birth certificate would then indicate a birth defect or learning/physical disability?
Yeah, that sounds great. Again, whether it be the US Govt and/or UN, that sounds fantastic.
So, maybe there will be a new spun off Govt Agency to house, maintain and enforce this policy. Or maybe have it turned over to DHS.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I do love the read. A report, created by UNICEF, to be used by the UN, in forcing the Sovereign Nation Of America to bow down to the new World Government.
Love that.

So, if these laws are already in place here, then why do we need a one world Govt treaty signed?

Oh, and read between the lines. It states that the place of birth will issue the certificate and registration, but if the UN is pitching this, then where would that document be housed? I am sure that the UN will have NO hand in that. Yeah ok then.

edit on 7-12-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join