It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galien, MI, animal control officer fired shots at home intruder this morning....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This is being severely underreported in the local media, guess no one cares. My mom has been listening to the events unfold on the police scanner. An animal control officer was doing his rounds in Galien, which is a very remote arra in berrien county....aint nothing there. He noticed someone breaking into someones house and fired shots at him, hes in the woods on the run now. The police have been unable to get access to a helicopter because its in Detroit. Really? We have one police helicopter for the entire "shotgun zone", the lower third of the state? Wtf? And no drones? :p

Heres a link to the article on abc57, the only media that gives a crap. We have contacted the other local media

www.abc57.com...

Im noticing a few things here. First of all, i didnt know animal control officers carried handguns. he couldnt have had time to get the shotgun could he have? or is this guy just a ccw holder? Its a good thing he had a gun, what if the bad guy thought he was a cop and shot at him? What if the residents had been home and didnt have a gun? And what if the animal control officer hadnt stopped the crime? Guy might never have been caught....

Too bad a pitbull didnt accidently jump outta the animal control truck and attack this guy.....hahaha

Why is the media not reportiing when its been all over the scanner for 5 hours?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

I was totally with you on this. Then you made the ignorant comment about a Pit Bull......

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
He noticed someone breaking into someones house and fired shots at him, hes in the woods on the run now.

sounds a little questionable to me

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JayFlores

it s not that pit bulls are evil its that they are powerful strong necks strong jaws more so than other dogs, and if they attack, some one is seriously hurt, there is no pit-bull attack that ends with a couple scratches. don't get mad when someone stresses about pit bulls its with good reason, and yes i know there are pit-bulls that are the sweetest in the world, and its about there owners raising techniques, but if u were to assign dogs weapons based on there attacking ability pit bulls would be assigned a hatori hanzo , for comparison sake a border collie would be assigned a bowie knife based on attacking ability
edit on 25-7-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Does this honestly deserve local or national news coverage? Home invasions happen quite often and only really get attention on a naional level if someone ends up murdering some folks during one...

A home invasion in the MI woods and some shots fired, meh, move along. See it on the blotter tomorrow.
edit on 25-7-2012 by CalibratedZeus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

No offense, but your knowledge of Pitt Bulls is lacking. They have nowhere near the strongest bite in the animal kingdom, nor are they aggressive by nature. That being said, its not worth arguing about.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I love pitbulls. But do you really think the dog catcher typically rides around with nice ones? Not usually here.

Never said it deserves national news covrrage. Just local. But it deserves ats coverage because the whole thing sounds weird....

And yeah it sounds questionable to me too...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Many animal control officers are armed.. many are cops and hold 2 jobs. We had this in the last place we lived. Besides... I sure as heck wouldnt be an animal control anything without a way to stop a rampaging rabid Cujo

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It's not really newsworthy. Further, shooting someone who is breaking into a house is dicey, especially of it's not even your house. Was this guy in mortal danger fearing for his life? If not, this would be illegal most places. An animal control officer is not a trained police officer. Sounds like delusions of grandeur to me.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

i never said they were the most aggressive, and i never said they had the stongest bite in the animal kingdom, were did u get that? i simply stated that they have a powerful jaw and neck, and compared to most species of dogs, it is the more powerfull. pittbulls are strong why are u trying to argue that?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Why is the media not reportiing when its been all over the scanner for 5 hours?

too common an occurrence?

not sexy enough?

if your burglar had been wearing nothing
but a psychedelic rainbow colored g-string and an obama mask however...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Generally it pisses me off when people demonize the breed. Not saying you were, just making a statement. I have owned/rescued and trained dogs for 18 years. Pits have always been my favorite. Loving, loyal, smart and eager to please. I have had many a Pit bull in my home with my kids and not once has there ever been an issue.
Now, if you want a really nast dog to attack that man, sick a group of angry Chihuahuas on him. Nobody will survive that.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

yes chiwhawahs are the most aggressive, but i cant kill a pit-bull by squeezing my hand around it neck or throwing it into a wall, pittbulls have the tools and the physical prowess to get the job done, i saw a pitbull take down a deer, mind u the deer tried to jump over a fence a failed, but when the pit caught up to it, blood was everywhere. i believe if pitbulls are raised right there just like any other companion, but if raised wrong they are killers

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

sorry op to get ur thread off topic, but yeah every one should own a gun, my kids will know how to shoot as soon as they weigh enough to not be hurt by the kick, untill then we will have fun with bb guns

new topics

top topics

join