It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities Seek to Destroy Couple's Immaculate Edible Landscape

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I was born in raised in Tulsa - this is definitely something the authorities there would do.

oh gosh dont ever make me go back there

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
What a beautiful garden. I have been looking for ideas for my front yard, its not very big (about 3/4 size of that one) and now i know what i'll do.

I was considering designing a "mini stonehenge or stone circle" of sorts as a feature piece but i think a nice little garden would be better!

Thanks OP and good luck Canadians!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I have been warning property owners for years that the biggest threat to liberty is coming at us from the local government level. People have ignored the ordinances, property tax laws, etc. for too long and now we are just beginning to see the ill effects. Wake up everyone. Your local officials, drunk with power and no real oversight are one big nightmare.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I don't blame the authorities for wanting the peoples edible landscape gone. It's taken many many years to condition people to think we need to get food from the stores. This threatens to destroy this conditioning and is a threat to the big commercial food suppliers. That's unamerican.

We can't rediscover that the earth can provide for us, we have to be dependent on the system with all it's chemicals. This practice of conditioning people to be dependant has been going on for thousands of years.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
These peoples neighbours and everyone in the neighbourhood need to descend on the municipality and demand a stop to this insanity, these people cant do it alone. This is how they do it, beat up the little guy who doesn't have the resources to mount a defense to their nonsense.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Edit reason: Self censorship
edit on 26-7-2012 by Radekus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by canuckster
These peoples neighbours and everyone in the neighbourhood need to descend on the municipality and demand a stop to this insanity, these people cant do it alone. This is how they do it, beat up the little guy who doesn't have the resources to mount a defense to their nonsense.

Ya, they need to get it in the local paper and get the word out. Its funny how quickly local counselors will capitulate and make "exceptions" when there is enough outcry.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
You'll often find that personal property is often altered or destroyed or "removed" because the guy next door is more concerned about his wallet than his neighbors well-being. Where i live there are TONS of nosy people with nothing better to do than to complain about a neighbors mail-box being unappealing.

People can not stand not being in control and will go to any means necessary to assert their dominance.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathShield
You'll often find that personal property is often altered or destroyed or "removed" because the guy next door is more concerned about his wallet than his neighbors well-being. Where i live there are TONS of nosy people with nothing better to do than to complain about a neighbors mail-box being unappealing.

People can not stand not being in control and will go to any means necessary to assert their dominance.

Usually the 'Small minds need small victories" approach.

Some people just want attention.

Peace

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Yes, it does seem that Canada is now leading the pack in the NWO with its enforcement of Agenda 21 and the Codex Alimentarius......

Aside from this story, two more came out today....
Raw Milk Farmer and
Veggie growers in park.

This is on top of the Fed's. recent elimination of the Canadian Wheat Board, the forced depopulation of rural Canada, as well as the insidious crap that Monsanto pushes on Prairie farmers.

Yes folks..... a New World Order coming to your cupboard soon! We should all be very afraid and out protesting this stuff.

But alas, except for Quebecers, Canadians are too bloody complacent and with their heads in the sand to complain.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
As im sure others have pointed out, this is a municipal rule stating that the front yard must be at least 30% lawns:

From OP:

According to a spokesperson for Drummondville, front lawns in the couple's St-Charles-de-Drummond neighbourhood must be 30 per cent grass. The city has sent the couple two letters, asking them to reduce the size of their garden. It's given the couple until Sunday to comply. After that, they could be slapped with fines of between $100 and $300 per day.

So to imply this has to do with 'agenda 21', or some top-down demand the make sure people arent growing their own food is just mindless hysteria.

The only reason we are seeing 'more' of these examples is simply because more people are beginning to grow their own food in suburban neighborhoods with out-dated municipal/city codes.

This is a POSITIVE SIGN, not a negative one. It means we can now begin to modify those silly rules.

This fall the city plans to make it illegal to grow vegetables on front lawns anywhere in the city.

The city held public consultations on the new rule and it said no one objected.

Oh, well, maybe if people got off their ass and changed their local laws it would. BUt that will take more community engagement than just whining about 'the government'. You are the government. Be the change, not wannabe victim.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I don't blame the authorities for wanting the peoples edible landscape gone. It's taken many many years to condition people to think we need to get food from the stores. This threatens to destroy this conditioning and is a threat to the big commercial food suppliers. That's unamerican.

Actually, this is in Canada.

And this is a bylaw put together by the local government and is related to out-dated notions of perceived property values relating to suburban esthetics. Many, MANY people are waking up and growing their own food. And SOME of them are doing so in neighborhoods that have local bylaws from a time when people didnt grow food in their front yards. Pretending this is some evil plot is silly. Go to city council meetings, change the local bylaws. Its not that hard, but you have to actually participate in your government, instead of being a victim.

(Just pulled in the last of my peas for the year. KAle and Chard transplants now in the ground for fall/winter. Apple Trees and blueberries just got ferted. Doing all of this on a half acre in a suburban community.)

edit on 27-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
reply to post by hadriana

When you buy a house or condo, you agree to lots of rules about your neighborhood. If you don't want to abide by those rules, live somewhere else.

Personally, I live in the country. I have a huge garden and lots of trees.

Once again, this is about what the homeowner agreed to when they bought in that neighborhood.

Respectfully, that's not always true.
Here, locally we have a very small - tiny - town in our county. Everyone would consider it 'country' with large fields and homes with mega acreage- you can drive for several minutes before seeing another house.
All those people lived there already - when our county commissioners decided to outlaw ALL LIVESTOCK in this area. Suddenly it didn't matter if you had 10 acres and a farm - your cows were now illegal. You had to get a special use permit or be zoned JUST RIGHT regardless of your acreage.

Justification; "It makes the area look impoverished" You see the town was just so pretty they wanted to promote tourism..so they were thinking outlawing ALL LIVESTOCK might make the place more attractive to the downtown fudge shops and such.

We need Food Rights. We had some support for a food rights law in Georgia, but interestingly, agricultural lobbies didn't like it so it died.
edit on 27-7-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

People around here are the same way. They spend a lot of money on their lawns. My daughter lives in town and the neighbors are giving her weed killer for her lawn saying the city doesn't allow noxious weeds. These people that are telling her this are misconceived. The city law states that the lawns are to be mowed so the noxious weeds don't get ugly. The flowers from these weeds attract bees and people walking on the city right away could get stung. These same people plant flowers along the sidewalk and they attract bees. The origination of these laws had a good basis, but people twisted them all around to fit their desires. Instead of just cutting these weeds the people plant grass and the grasses they choose most times are not drought tolerant. Perennial rye are better than bluegrass for drought tolerance. These people are watering their lawns often or they turn all brown. We have a water shortage starting worldwide, although we have lots here. It's expensive to water your lawn though even though we have plenty of water.

I would rather grow veggies or spices and herbs than grass. I live in the country and have lots of wild raspberries. I have dandelions, clovers, plantain, Yarrow, and daisies along with ryegrass as the basis for my yard. I am developing the yard by not cutting it so often or short as I used to. I don't have to water it very often anymore because the plush bluegrass dried out and died in the drought around 08 when I gave up watering it every single day. I am letting the pickerbushes grow in some places, they have a right to live also. I have all the information in my brain to challenge anyone who calls a thistle or burdock a noxious weed. I know many medical properties of the other noxious weeds that grow in the yard and also which ones can be eaten. I've planted asparagus, an edible fern like plant that requires little care, definitely a noxious weed to some yet they will spend three bucks a pound for it in the store not realizing what the plant they are bitching about is.

This hate of noxious weeds has been around for a while and is a conditioning brought about ourselves over the years. It isn't a conspiracy as much as a separation within the classes. Those who can afford to buy everything from the stores look down on those who eat natural foods. They think they are better and deserve not to have to grow their own and others should have to work to pay for these things. They have not tasted the tender young dandelion leaves in the spring times. They have not tasted burdock roots in a soup, They curse those thorns and thistles as god said they would in Genesis, not realizing if they ate them they would need less medicines. I guess they haven't looked at the price of organic burdock root at the health food stores or bought expensive dandelion greens. Mix a few dandelion greens and plantain leaves with some iceburg lettuce and you have a good cheap nutritious salad that has many medical values. People believe that what is bought in stores is superior to what they or nature grows. Just because it's bigger doesn't mean it's better. They can learn what to feed their weeds to make them healthier and more nutritious too.

Humans are easily deceived, we believe those who are prestigious more than our ancestors and parents. We have been led to believe that the way of society is much better than the way of the past and that society is more right than logic. I was there before till I opened my eyes and saw the truth. Spend time in nature and nature will teach us. If you want to understand what nature is saying and why, use the net and study what you think mother nature is trying to show you. The truth is hidden not destroyed.

It's good to see that you grow your own stuff Stanguillas, maybe that's why you seem to have awareness.
edit on 27-7-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well, this is hardly as sensational as OP's claim, but where my wifes parents live, near vancouver BC, their town has had a 'frontyard garden contest' for three years now:

www.mapleridge.ca...

Also, a quick google search pointed me here,in upstate NY: www.nationalgardenfestival.com...

After the excitement of the 2010 and 2011 Front Yard Competition in which city blocks were dramatically transformed by members of the WNYS Nursery & Landscape Association, the event returns in 2012 with the goal of rejuvenating Crowley Avenue in Riverside.

Another from Alberta: www.northernhills.ab.ca...

One from Ontario: www.kincardinenews.com...

And another from ontario:

www.baytoday.ca...

So, I guess by the logic on display in this thread, all these governments must not have gotten the UN agenda 21 memo

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
Well, this is hardly as sensational as OP's claim, but where my wifes parents live, near vancouver BC, their town has had a 'frontyard garden contest' for three years now:

www.mapleridge.ca...

Also, a quick google search pointed me here,in upstate NY: www.nationalgardenfestival.com...

After the excitement of the 2010 and 2011 Front Yard Competition in which city blocks were dramatically transformed by members of the WNYS Nursery & Landscape Association, the event returns in 2012 with the goal of rejuvenating Crowley Avenue in Riverside.

Another from Alberta: www.northernhills.ab.ca...

One from Ontario: www.kincardinenews.com...

And another from ontario:

www.baytoday.ca...

So, I guess by the logic on display in this thread, all these governments must not have gotten the UN agenda 21 memo

Wait...Have patience.

BTW, the thread was never about ALL communities and never once mentioned the entire Country. It's about one in Canada and one in the US.

As I mentioned in another thread you commented on, don't change the content, topic or wording to suit your agenda, whatever that is.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

As I mentioned in another thread you commented on, don't change the content, topic or wording to suit your agenda, whatever that is.

I didn't. I pointed to several examples that show the exact opposite of what your threads show. You repeatedly imply that the UN is forcing townships in the US and Canada to align with 'agenda 21'. Its absurd. You promote fear and hysteria, and reject facts and logic. I've posted several examples that show the EXACT OPPOSITE happening. By your own reasoning, this shows that there is no top down effort to keep people from growing gardens, and your examples are only isolated examples of local ordinances.

But I know you will ignore all that because you seek to distort things for your own agenda of fear mongering.

You post seeking stars and flags, not truth.

edit on 29-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by jude11

I didn't. I pointed to several examples that show the exact opposite of what your threads show. You repeatedly imply that the UN is forcing townships in the US and Canada to align with 'agenda 21'. Its absurd. You promote fear and hysteria, and reject facts and logic. I've posted several examples that show the EXACT OPPOSITE happening. By your own reasoning, this shows that there is no top down effort to keep people from growing gardens, and your examples are only isolated examples of local ordinances.

But I know you will ignore all that because you seek to distort things for your own agenda of fear mongering.

You post seeking stars and flags, not truth.

edit on 29-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

Damn! I knew you had it wrong.

I post for you...and only you!

Thanks for playing!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

There are more than just myself who prefer truth to sensation.

I just posted multiple examples which would seem to disprove your overarching and repeated assertion that 'they' are clamping down on front yard gardens. By your own (faulty) reasoning, there is therefore no conspiracy. I know you will not take the time to ponder the relevance or veracity of this rather simple point. Better to cater to the lowest common denominator: fear.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Those three links are about flower gardens and non edible shrubs.. I think those kinds of gardens are a waste. Maybe the deer would like them, they eat half the flowers around here. I don't know how deer can eat rose bushes

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join