It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial Law is in Effect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The Olympics have been used as a vehicle to impose marital law, not permanently but martial law none the less.

Of course some people will brush off this idea but I believe that is because they only associate the term with widespread chaos.

The reason for bringing in the martial law is different but that does not change the fact it is martial law.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Source? Pics? or it didn't happen---

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter

Have you been paying attention?

Army for security?
Army Helicopters roaming the skies?
Armed missile stations in residential areas?
Threats of using absolute force?

Need I go on....?

link   
Most lax Martial Law ever. See everybody, all that worrying was for nothing.

link   

Originally posted by HumanCondition
The Olympics have been used as a vehicle to impose marital law, not permanently but martial law none the less.

Here I did a google search for you and found the only thing about the Olympics being used as martial law.

Guess what it was? This thread!

lmgtfy.com...

Google sorts its stuff out in real time now.
edit on 24-7-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Army for security?

Need I go on....?

It's not Martial Law it's security for a possible terrorist attack.

en.wikipedia.org...

Typically, the imposition of martial law accompanies curfews, the suspension of civil law, civil rights, habeas corpus, and the application or extension of military law or military justice to civilians. Civilians defying martial law may be subjected to military tribunal (court-martial).

Martial law is the imposition of military rule by military authorities over designated regions on an emergency basis—(usually) only temporary—when the civilian government or civilian authorities fail to function effectively (e.g., maintain order and security, and provide essential services), when there are extensive riots and protests, or when the disobedience of the law becomes widespread. In most cases, military forces are deployed to subdue the crowds, to secure government buildings and key or sensitive locations, and to maintain order.[1] Generally, military personnel replace civil authorities and perform some or all of their functions. In full-scale martial law, the highest-ranking military officer would take over, or be installed, as the military governor or as head of the government, thus removing all power from the previous executive, legislative, and judicial branches of government.[1] Martial law can be used by governments to enforce their rule over the public. Such incidents may occur after a coup d'état (Thailand 2006); when threatened by popular protest (China, Tiananmen Square protests of 1989); to suppress political opposition (Poland in 1981); to stabilize insurrections or perceived insurrections (Canada, The October Crisis of 1970). Martial law may be declared in cases of major natural disasters, however most countries use a different legal construct, such as a "state of emergency". Martial law has also been imposed during conflicts and in cases of occupations, where the absence of any other civil government provides for an unstable population. Examples of this form of military rule include post World War II reconstruction in Germany and Japan as well as the southern reconstruction following the U.S. Civil War.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Obama Executive Order A Prelude To Martial Law And Suspension Of Elections?

www.westernjournalism.com...

Guess we'll have to wait and see

Obama issued an Executive Order March 16, 2012 under the guise of ‘National Defense,’ which gives Obama and his Cabinet virtually complete control over the American people, private sector, and economy in the event of a peacetime ‘National Emergency’—in plain English, Obama has just unilaterally voted himself the power to institute martial law. Some see this as a way to use a future widespread American ‘Arab Spring’ type of ‘protest’ (we’d call it mass rioting) from Obama’s Occupy and union goon supporters as an excuse to suspend elections in November, given Obama’s free falling poll numbers, indicating it is unlikely he will be reelected.

edit on 24-7-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Most lax Martial Law ever. See everybody, all that worrying was for nothing.
That doesn't make it not martial law tho.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Have you got a real argument?
You have failed to prove anything counter to my statement.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
______beforeitsnews/story/2423/598/US_Army_Preparing_To_Invade_America_-_Martial_Law.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

Well if the UK is doing it, it would be strange for the US not to.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

reply to post by DaRAGE

I think you're the one who is lacking an argument. You stated that Martial law has been used in the past due to Olympics.It is a lie. There is no historical basis for your statement. Also martial law is not imposed in London for these Olympics either, even with the military there guarding things. It's not Martial law. Your statement is moot. I proved it moot by doing research.

You have not provided a shred of evidence to backup your statement.

Your argument is invalid and proved wrong.

Stop telling lies.

And security for these games, military or not, does not mean that martial law will be imposed.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

reply to post by DaRAGE

I think you're the one who is lacking an argument. You stated that Martial law has been used in the past due to Olympics.It is a lie. There is no historical basis for your statement. Also martial law is not imposed in London for these Olympics either, even with the military there guarding things. It's not Martial law. Your statement is moot. I proved it moot by doing research.

You have not provided a shred of evidence to backup your statement.

Your argument is invalid and proved wrong.

Stop telling lies.

And security for these games, military or not, does not mean that martial law will be imposed.

In the past? No, I said martial law is being used currently in the London.
You provided a description of martial law and the situation fits it almost perfectly.

Martial law is the imposition of military rule by military authorities over designated regions on an emergency basis
The military has taken control of London and the emergency is the threat of terrorist attack and lack of security/protection from this.

(usually) only temporary
Yes it is temporary.

when the civilian government or civilian authorities fail to function effectively (e.g., maintain order and security, and provide essential services),
The government and its contractors have failed to function to required standards and are not able to maintain order and security i.e. essential services.

when there are extensive riots and protests, or when the disobedience of the law becomes widespread.
There has been threats made specifically against rioting and protesting.

In most cases, military forces are deployed to subdue the crowds, to secure government buildings and key or sensitive locations, and to maintain order.
I.e. Security?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
so if it's not martial law then why are private pilots restricted from flying anywhere near London (unless a flight plan is submitted first) ?

so we have a no fly zone from Stansted to Luton and all of the way south covering London.
So effectively the whole south east of England is a no fly zone.

I could understand covering London but why the whole south east of the UK ?

If you don't believe me then check this out.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Army for security?

Need I go on....?

yeah, I have been paying attention, probably more than you, but did you pay attention to the fact that this is ATS, and without a source or something to base this from, this is as good as a rant. put some flavor into your thread, some meaning, and a backbone to it so we know where you are coming from.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Army for security?

Need I go on....?

yeah, I have been paying attention, probably more than you, but did you pay attention to the fact that this is ATS, and without a source or something to base this from, this is as good as a rant. put some flavor into your thread, some meaning, and a backbone to it so we know where you are coming from.

A source?
Are you too thick to compare what is happening with the idea of martial law?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
You're confusing terms, it seems to me. Martial Law implies a change in the structure and purpose of the court and legal system; e.g., the usual maxim of "innocent until proven guilty" is reversed.

I think what you're referring to is "Police State;" i.e. the executive power is over-stepping its own self-imposed boundaries.
edit on 4-8-2012 by Samtzurr because: Semantics

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Army for security?

Need I go on....?

You do know that the UK is far bigger than just London, right?

London has increased military presence, and they do have ground to air defences in place, but that's all that has changed. The rest of the country is continuing on as normal.

I don't agree with the military being in place (through the failure primarily of G4S and their inability to provide the security staff they were contractually obliged to) but this is taking a bad situation and making it into something it isn't.

The UK is fine, there are not troops everywhere, we are not under Martial law, there is an increased use of military in London - that is all.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The UK is not under martial law at all. There is just a heavy military presence in London due to the Olympic games, I don't like it any more than most British people don't but to say it is martial law is way to far a stretch.

The military does not have control, it is not in charge of policing nor has martial law been declared on even hinted at by the government. It has been deployed for security in a somewhat overkill capacity. Even when I was serving in Ireland it was not martial law, we as soldiers did not have control, we built check points, we searched houses, we detained and often fought people, but even then it was not martial law, we acted on instructions from the RUC, the local constabulary. People thought then it was military rule in Ireland, but it wasn't, close but not there.

If martial law does get declared (and it has to be declared by act of parliament for it to be legal) then you will know about it, trust me on that.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
!!!!!!!!!!Alert!!!!!!!!!!! MARITAL LAW HAS BEGAN IN THE U.S.

Make a thread about this!! ITS URGENT....

Shots fired during FBI warrant search in District Heights

An early morning FBI raid has a District Heights family in fear. The agents came into the house and drew their guns at the family’s daughter, but she wasn’t armed.

“They almost hit my daughter, man,” says Emory Hughley. “If I hadn’t told her to go back in her room they probably would have shot her.”

Read more: www.wjla.com...

Read more: www.wjla.com...

top topics

join