It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orbs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Hello All

I have been a Member here for quite some time now and replied to the odd thread or two in places but never really started a thread with the intent of following through with a discussion.

I thought I would share with you some photo's (taken on various cameras) at the Pub that I work at on a weekend as DJ.

The Pub itself is very old and myself and a friend have recently compiled to the best of our ability the history of the building and its immediate surroundings.

I have uploaded the first two originals to photobucket so I am not sure if there is any compression used at that site but If anyone would like the full original pictures sending to them you are all welcome as I have noticed many people ask this in other threads where digital pictures contain the exif data.

I am present in both photograph's, I have the hat on in Image 1

Image 1 taken on October 30th 2011

Image 2 taken on February 5th 2012

I will post for you this picture and others and leave this open for discussion and answer all question as best I can.

There is a lot to tell you about the pub including the smell of an open fire / wood burning / soot smell even though no fireplace has been there for a very long time.

So I shall endeavour to answer all questions as I said to the best of my ability.

John
edit on 24-7-2012 by excelents because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by excelents

Thank you for sharing the images. It must be fun to work at a place with so much history.

Orbs of this type are not paranormal, though. What causes them is something called "backscatter." This is your camera's lens's inability to deal with focus of light bouncing off small particles of dust or moisture. It translates them into circular blobs. If you the a flash built into your camera, it's pronounced.

Often, these naturally occurring 'orbs' are mistaken for something paranormal. But they are quite easy to recreate with a flash in any dark area where there are particles in the air.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

Hi

I don't have any trouble in accepting that some are from background light or dust on lens etc the second image for example was taken as a bit of a joke hence the reason I didn't explain the story behind it.

On the day in question myself and a couple of the customers were teasing another person in the pub about having an imaginery girfriend so we decided to pretend too to the point where 3 photographs were taken in a sequence the other two customers sat in a similar pose with nothing showing.

I then sat in the same place and that photo was taken with the orb on my arm, I have altered the phot for myself but only on my pc at home and what you can't see in the dark in the upper left of Image 2 is another couple of fainter orbs.

However, there are many more to show if anyone is interested.
edit on 24-7-2012 by excelents because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Orbs have long since been discredited on Ats, as a long time member you must have realised the current thinking on them. Just dust in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by transubstantiation

Hi

Yes I have read many threads but just thought I would show some of them that have appeared on my photo's over time at the pub.

I like to think I keep an open mind on many subjects though.

John.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Great pictures though, you all seem to be having a good time, the west ridings the best place to be for funny folk.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Whoops, didn't realise Barnsley is in south yorks, the border must be near as our respective towns aren't far apart.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I think the border comes close around the South Elmsall area I think.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by excelents

Hi

Yes I have read many threads but just thought I would show some of them that have appeared on my photo's over time at the pub.

I like to think I keep an open mind on many subjects though.

John.

Regarding this subject , there is nothing to keep an open mind about. "Orbs" are nothing more than near lens reflections, regardless of how much one desires them to be paranormal.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg47

I don't think that is right at all, but maybe I'm biased because in the last 7 years I have taken thousands of family pictures with different cameras, different settings, different lenses and I have NEVER had a single picture ever have orbs in them out of all those thousands, even tens of thousands of pictures taken with all digital cameras.. The one I use the most is a Nikon Dslr D-60..

You would think I could get one picture with an orb or 2 in it out of all those images, but it hasn't ever happened..

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
reply to post by tpg47

I don't think that is right at all, but maybe I'm biased because in the last 7 years I have taken thousands of family pictures with different cameras, different settings, different lenses and I have NEVER had a single picture ever have orbs in them out of all those thousands, even tens of thousands of pictures taken with all digital cameras.. The one I use the most is a Nikon Dslr D-60..

You would think I could get one picture with an orb or 2 in it out of all those images, but it hasn't ever happened..

Well, here's how. Take a picture in a dark, dusty room with the flash on the camera. Or, outside in a dark place where there is maybe some drizzle or dust - again with the camer's built in flash.

Here is a link that explains it better than I can :Orbs

Edit to add that just because dust orbs are not paranormal, the possibility of there being something paranormal at the location is not ruled out. Orbs just are not evidence of such.

edit on 24-7-2012 by JustSlowlyBackAway because: I thought of something else.

new topics

top topics

join