It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Thunderstruck" brings down Iranian Nuclear sites..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Information provided by F-Secure Security Labs today reveal that an Iranian scientist working for the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) reported that a cyber worm affected two facilities (one in Natanz and another near Qom) with “some music playing randomly” at high volumes on workstations during the night: “I believe it was playing ‘Thunderstruck’ by AC/DC,” reports the scientist. The full text of the alleged email is available here.

www.f-secure.com...

www.businessinsider.com...

LOL Definatley an American base virus, not Israeli

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Information provided by F-Secure Security Labs today reveal that an Iranian scientist working for the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) reported that a cyber worm affected two facilities (one in Natanz and another near Qom) with “some music playing randomly” at high volumes on workstations during the night: “I believe it was playing ‘Thunderstruck’ by AC/DC,” reports the scientist. The full text of the alleged email is available here.

www.f-secure.com...

thats awesome. but hey, if i was gonna have my stuff get hacked, might as well be done to "thunderstruck".

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Be very skeptical at this point. Metasploit doesn't have that many modules for industrial systems, and the scientist didn't say which part of the VPN was compromised. Was it the endpoint, the VPN gateway? How did he know it was the VPN?

It seems the industrial system itself wasn't compromised, just the desktops there. If anything, this is a regular PC virus.
edit on 23-7-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

thats what they get i guess for looking up p0rn at work right?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Awww, Man...You forgot this:

Cool story if true.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

www.f-secure.com...

Anything personal to add besides a link and quote?

Would be very interested.

peace

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael

www.f-secure.com...

thats awesome. but hey, if i was gonna have my stuff get hacked, might as well be done

to "thunderstruck".

I see what you did there..

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael

www.f-secure.com...

thats awesome. but hey, if i was gonna have my stuff get hacked, might as well be done

to "thunderstruck".

I see what you did there..

me too,

what did i do exactly?

top topics

join