It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republic for the united States of America (Website taken down??)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
So within the past few days I have been doing some research on this group (Republic for the united States of America) after coming across this article: Fox News

Posted it up (link to the group's website) on my Facebook, spread it everywhere but here as I figured most people here probably know about it. Then didn't bother looking at it for a few days. I go to show a friend their site today and this shows up:

www.republicoftheunitedstates.org...
(for me it brings me to a GoDaddy "Want to buy this domain?, etc" page, so if it's different for anyone else please post, although I tried it through Proxify and got the same result...)

The site now displays this "NOTICE: This domain name expired on 07/21/2012 and is pending renewal or deletion."

If you don't know who they are this is off of the cached version of their website:

The United States exists in two forms: The original United States that was in operation until 1860; a collection of sovereign Republics in the union. Under the original Constitution the States controlled the Federal Government; the Federal Government did not control the States and had very little authority.

The original United States has been usurped by a separate and different UNITED STATES formed in 1871, which only controls the District of Columbia and it’s territories, and which is actually a corporation (the UNITED STATES CORPORATION) that acts as our current government. The United States Corporation operates under Corporate/Commercial/Public Law rather than Common/Private Law. The original Constitution was never removed; it has simply been dormant since 1871. It is still intact to this day. This fact was made clear by Supreme Court Justice Marshall Harlan (Downes v. Bidwell, 182, U.S. 244 1901) by giving the following dissenting opinion: “Two national governments exist; one to be maintained under the Constitution, with all its restrictions; the other to be maintained by Congress outside and Independently of that Instrument.”

The Restore America Plan reclaimed the De Jure institutions of government of the 50 State Republics in order to restore Common Law that represents the voice of the people and ends Corporate Law that ignores the voice of the people while operating under Maritime/Admiralty/International Law. This occurred when warrants were delivered to all 50 Governors on March 30, 2010.

Not saying it's NOT possible their subscription just ran out, but it's pretty "convenient" timing right after that Fox story surfaced...

I just find it extremely weird that it just went down "out of the blue"...

So does anyone know what happened?

edit on 7/22/2012 by ArrowsNV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
My website, the one I link in my tag was getting DNS attacked and go daddy cut me off from hosting.

THe website as the name implies was one expounding the need for Campaign finance reform, Strict term limits, and voting the Incumbents out of office...

So yeah, don't excpect go daddy to be making any kind of stands for free speech...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

That kinda makes sense. I've heard bad things about them before...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

It is rather odd timing. Perhaps the National attention Randi Shannon talks about prompted this, although I can't see the index page saying the domain expired if that were the case. They could just be busy and haven't checked their contract, or their site for awhile.

Do you smell a conspiracy brewing, or is that just my coffee pot???

reply to post by benrl

Sorry to hear about your site. Made any enemies lately?

I had a great experience with godaddy, but I don't have the site anymore either.

edit on 7/22/2012 by visualmiscreant because: added comments

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

Nope, the tracker for the site had some interesting IP hits though, especially after I put it in my tag here.

The whole experience made me... Paranoid for a bit, got hacked a few times, than the DNS attacks started.

It was a simple blog site, the only message was we shouldn't have career politicians...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant

It is rather odd timing. Perhaps the National attention Randi Shannon talks about prompted this, although I can't see the index page saying the domain expired if that were the case. They could just be busy and haven't checked their contract, or their site for awhile.

Do you smell a conspiracy brewing, or is that just my coffee pot???
I wouldn't go so far as to say "conspiracy" just yet.

I just think the timing is a little... well... "odd"...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The site is back up. I just checked.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I've had disagreements with GoDaddy so I just let my account with them expire.

Perhaps the same thing is going on here.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Well, slightly off topic, but the official National Rifle Association Facebook page seems to have been removed from Facebook itself. Last I checked, they had over 1,500,000 likes/followers/whatever-you-want-to-call-it.

Everything I have shared (re-posting information from another source on Facebook) from the Official NRA page can no longer be seen on my Facebook page.

Now, I only go on Facebook a few times a week, so I don't know the exact date from when it ceased to exist, but I do find it odd that their Facebook page has disappeared close to the Colorado shooting. I do know that for the past month, the NRA via Facebook as really been pushing information against the UN Arms Treaty.

When something is deemed a threat, they will try to eliminate it or, if all else fails, hinder its mobility.

top topics

join