It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man of Steel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Now that the Dark Knight trilogy has come to an end the next DC superhero to appear on the big screen is Superman in the movie 'Man Of Steel'.
It's being produced by Christopher Nolan. written by the Dark Knight creators Christopher Nolan & David Goyer and directed by Watchmen & 300 director Zack Snyder.

Superman/Clark Kent - Henry Cavill - Immortals
Lois Lane - Amy Adams - The Fighter
Jor-El - Russell Crowe - Gladiator
Lara Lor-Van - Ayelet Zurer - Munich
Jonathan Kent - Kevin Costner - Dancing with Wolves
Martha Kent - Diane Lane - Unfaithful
General Zod - Michael Shannon - Boardwalk Empire
Perry White - Laurence Fishburne - Matrix

So is anyone else looking forward to this movie?
edit on 22-7-2012 by mclarenmp4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Yup!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Based on what they did with batman YES i am looking forward to this movie.

I saw batman yesterday and they showed that trailer, when superman broke the sound barrier the whole cinema shook

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I guess that goes without saying, so what do you think of the new suit? Are you an underpants or no underpants fan?

I was a fan of the traditional costume but this new suit looks amazing and has a more power feel to it & I think it was a good time to lose the trunks.

A picture of the new suit for people who have yet to see it.
edit on 22-7-2012 by mclarenmp4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I'm going to see the new Batman movie on thursday so hope to see the trailer there. I get chills when I see the little kid with the iconic pose.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I saw chemtrails in the trailer!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Maybe that's where they're going with the Man of Steel, when he flies he's seeding clouds with heavy metals.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Seeing how it's based on the new 52 Superman. No

DC should have learned their lesson the last time when they screwed up all of the hero's.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

It's not based on the New 52 Superman, the only similarity is that they have changed the suit. The back story is supposedly quite similar to Birthright & takes elements of other comics. The story is written by Nolan & Goyer and was already in production before the New 52 began.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mclarenmp4

I'm going to see the new Batman movie on thursday so hope to see the trailer there. I get chills when I see the little kid with the iconic pose.

You wont be dissapointed. I dont go to the cinema often but this was the first time I ever saw every person in the cinema stand up and clap when the movie ended.

I saw all three movies, best movies I've ever seen.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me how people never tire of the same old crap been churned out in different packaging. Year after year.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

I don't see how that's relevant to Superman considering we've only had 1 movie in the last 20 years and that was basically a homage to the Superman films of the 1970's & 80's.

And this movie will be a completely different take on anything we have seen on film or TV.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
It never ceases to amaze me how people never tire of the same old crap been churned out in different packaging. Year after year.

It never ceases to amaze me how people make comments about that which they havent seen

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'm a huge Superman fan. In fact, in Superman VS Batman debates, I'm usually the minority leaning in favor of Supes instead of Bats.

I have been looking forward to this movie ever since it was announced. After the disappointment of Superman Returns, I think they learned what not to do, and especially since Nolan is producing and Snyder is directing, we could have a really top-notch Superman flick to look forward to.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

You wont be dissapointed. I dont go to the cinema often but this was the first time I ever saw every person in the cinema stand up and clap when the movie ended.

I saw all three movies, best movies I've ever seen.

Yeah I don't think I will be disappointed as I loved the previous 2 movies and I was never a Batman fan probably because of the campy kids TV show but what Chris Nolan has done is nothing short of remarkable. Hence why I have high hopes for the new Superman movie.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I have seen all the superman films, the spiderman films, any other US superhero films.

You eventually come to realise they are just another part of the brainwashing/conditioning/propoganda.

Both Superman and Spiderman make sure to give the American Flag special coverage in the films. The US public are in danger and these guys come in and save everyone. Because America is great and everyone in America needs to be saved and wants to be saved.

In the big alien invasion movies its usually the US military that saves the day. Infact I think these films are made by the US military.

It was revealed some time back how important it was to get the simpsons aired in middle eastern countries to show how great America is.

This American propaganda has been spread for decades. This is why these films get made. If you don't reliase its propoganda its because its working on you.

Stop being so gullible.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

people rarely go to movies or concerts to enjoy the show
they go because they dont know what else to do and want to impress other people and have something to talk about
why do you think the quality is lower and lower while sales are higher and higher
people dont give two 5h17s about the content the want something to help them socialize and talk around the water cooler about

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
I'm a huge Superman fan. In fact, in Superman VS Batman debates, I'm usually the minority leaning in favor of Supes instead of Bats.

I have been looking forward to this movie ever since it was announced. After the disappointment of Superman Returns, I think they learned what not to do, and especially since Nolan is producing and Snyder is directing, we could have a really top-notch Superman flick to look forward to.

Yeah I'm like you, I'm a huge Superman fan and it's been a hard time for us over the last few years due to the misconception that Superman is the wholesome big blue boy scout. Although the Donner movies with Chris Reeve in them were great for the time, it has also held back the character for decades.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I don't see how that's relevant to Superman considering we've only had 1 movie in the last 20 years and that was basically a homage to the Superman films of the 1970's & 80's.

And this movie will be a completely different take on anything we have seen on film or TV.

Oh right. So it won't have a guy with super powers who flies around saving people.

Completely different. Can't wait.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

If you don't like movies, comic books, comic book movies, superheroes, superhero movies, superman, or superman movies, why are you posting in here? To share your divine wisdom with us that you have amazingly come to know? Some of us actually enjoy the character and like watching movies. So perhaps you could keep your negative comments to yourself. Not that you have to, this is the internets. But nothing would please us more, within the context of this forum.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join