It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOOD NEWS: Exclusive: Kim plans economic change in North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

BEIJING (Reuters) - Impoverished North Korea is gearing up to experiment with agricultural and economic reforms after young leader Kim Jong-un and his powerful uncle purged the country's top general for opposing change, a source with ties to both Pyongyang and Beijing said.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

I hope these reports of why he ousted the Top General are true.

King Jong-Un is reportedly in a relationship with a Pop-Star + he went to school in Swizerland and probably picked up a lesson or two on Western Culture.

GOOD LUCK to North Koreans!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
That is good news. I've been predicting that he would attempt to turn N Korea around, but that it would take a very long time due to the danger of him being assassinated by the higher up generals. Then when he ousted the top general, it strengthened my suspicions.

I based this on the fact that he is young and was educated in the west (Switzerland) as you said.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
For the sake of his people I sincerely hope and pray this is the case. It would be miraculous to witness a united and economically viable Korea in our lifetime.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

United may never happen. The South is not going to submit to the North, and vice versa. Though perhaps a cooperative North Korea, trading with the rest of the world, etc. If the North opened up, it would be truly great.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
This is a good thing for the people of North Korea, it had to happen soon, they are next on the hit-list. I`m sure with advise from beijing the young ruler seen what was coming down the road and needed to make manuvores quickly. The ousting of the top general was audatious and this anouncement will keep the wolves away from the door.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It would be interesting to see how China would welcome this news. They have been supporting NK and also used as a proxy for their efforts during the Korean War (to fight the US). I wonder if they would let NK open up as easily and quickly to the world and possibly unite with SK. SK has advanced and prospered a lot and it can also compete upto certain extent and segments with the Chinese (same as Taiwan). Surely the top brass in NK with their frozen memory from the late leader of NK, might not let it happen as well.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Never underestimate the resources of those in power to hold on to that power.
I don't expect to see any changes in N.K. that would effect the people. I do suspect that the disgraced general was making an overt move against Kim to make the country completely military (even more than it is now.)
Kim may be Western educated but he is still the leader of the most secretive and repressive government today. He is in power and will want to stay in power.
Once the people get a taste of freedom, they will move for more.
The dictatorship cannot allow that to happen.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Anyone remember the plot to the original Lucas Arts game "Mercenaries"? Seems like the plot was Big Kim died was succeeded by his son who tried to open up NK, and was deposed by a coup by a hard line general who quickly started selling nuke technology and ballistic missiles. I wonder if life will imitate art here.

join