It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Randomness of Violent Crimes, And How We CANT Explain Them Scare You?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
There are and have been a sort of randomness about people losing their "minds" suddenly in the past few decades, not to say that it has never happened, but for those that are aware of programming, whether it be "mind control", or even television "programming", does it scare you that this could really happen to anyone?

With the bombardment of societies ills, and the violent culture that we live in, at this point I fear that anyone can be the next "lone gunmen". There have been many theories surrounding what makes a person lose it. What bothers me is how no one can really see it coming.

Most people that are found later on to commit horrific crimes are not the usual, living in the basement, and skinning cats. They are students, social, but secretly down right "crazy". How is it that no one seems to notice?

Before people were labeled there were things that society looked for in an individual that would gear people to keep an eye open, like enjoying violence, or saying things outside the norm. But with video games, and violence all over the place, it is more normal to have these types of outbursts, and people look the other way.

Besides things like voice to skull, and MK-Ultra rearing its ugly head, we blamed parents or even genetics for the ills of those that were placed in mental institutions. Subliminal's in movies, music, commercials, magazines etc,. We are left to struggle with what we know our mind to be telling us, and what is being put into our minds, and not knowing the difference.

Just wondering if anyone is seeing this.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Short answer: No.

This kind of stuff has been happening since the dawn of civilization and before, compared to our history the stuff we read about now is mild. There is a grim reality we all need to wake up to, that reality is the fact that the world is horrible as it is and human nature is very cruel and spiteful.

Imagine the horrors that have already been forgotten, that people read about and don't actually comprehend. The horrors that never came to light in the first place.
edit on 22-7-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I live in Seattle...and we have had many killings and murder attempts since the beginning of this year; that surpass all of last year and many of the years before that.

For instance in May of this year a man walked into a cafe that he frequented (in the U-district); opened fire and killed several people; then he arrived downtown; approached a woman in an open parking lot; killed her and stole her car; when the police were closing in on him; he committed suicide. This all happened during daylight late morning hours.

There has also been a lot of gang killings and violence too.

People in parks are being robbed at gunpoint too.

So yes...to me it is scarey and the increased violence is so obvious not only in Seattle; but globally.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Does it scare me? No

But the morbid fascination and immortalizing of a mass killer through the media for profit and around the water cooler for gossip scares the poops outta me.

One person killing many does not reflect on society IMO. There will always be nutcases. But the ones that will profit from it speaks volumes.

Peace

edit on 22-7-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I cant really agree that this has happened in the past at least not under the same circumstances. The violence of the past can be traced to survival, conquering, etc,.

The crimes that someone committed as random have been left and rehashed for many years, like Jack the Ripper, why has he been kept relevant for so long? I believe its to keep in the minds of others, that this happens frequently... it does not.

Violence, yes is relevant, but what cavemen did, and what happens now is different.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I agree. We live in a society that promotes "reality t.v" this has the same type of affect as those that try to get on television, and become famous written all over it.

All this will do is cause more chaos for those that also seek infamy.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

One person killing many does not reflect on society IMO. There will always be nutcases.
Peace

Right. Have to consider that out of 7 billion people, a handful are gonna be insane killers. Percentage wise it's probably not half as bad as it could be.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
In a word? Yes. It's very unnerving. I don't think anyone carries a gun legally because it makes 'em feel special or powerful. The truth is..it sucks. Heat rashes on my right site, gun metal does nothing for skin...and the constant concern and awareness of what is showing and what isn't as I move around and go about my day.

All that is suffered because, in my view, the only sane answer to your question really is, yes.

How can it be different when one stops to realize, just last Spring, this guy was in classes apparently, with everyone else and I've heard good things so far from his schools. He was Golden Key, as I've heard (Manhater? got more on that?). That isn't inviting idiot-sticks to join up and it is invite only.

So basically, he tells me that anyone I sit next to today and don't know well COULD...in circumstances I can't even begin to understand (which adds to the concern), snap and become a cold spree killer, staring ME in the eyes as they end my life. Yeah.. I'd say 'yes' is the only fitting answer. Hmm..

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

There are always crazies out there. always have been, always will be.

I have a Taurus 740 that i carry with me. It keeps all fear of those crazies away.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

If you dont mind me asking, why would carrying a gun make you feel safer?

I personally have weapons at home, as I have a plan, but not on my person. There is a certain type of mentality that you have to have in order for you to feel safer with a weapon (gun).

I think that carrying a weapon is one thing, but IMHO I dont think that it can actually make you safer. You never know what can happen, and most of the time if your in a situation you have to be ready for anything, which sometimes can make a person carrying a weapon for protection just as dangerous, as a person purposefully carrying one to commit a crime.

Just my 2 cents.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I live down here in the part of the world where the Mexican drug war is happening. I am also a businessman that travels and spends a lot of time in downtown areas of larger cities.

I don't need a gun to feel safe. I am large, strong, and have a fair amount of training in how to use my size. If it comes to me using my gun, i am certainly at a disadvantage.

But, i refuse to be a victim. If my assailant may have a gun, so will I. It is made for concealed carry, so if it is on me it is "hot" and ready to shoot. My Taurus, actually, is double action. I just need a slightly stronger trigger pull to shoot, even when one is not chambered.

If i don't have a gun, i usually have a knife. My favorites are my Spyderco and this S&W M&P "spring assisted" (read "switchblade"). I can shave with every knife I have.

My thoughts are, you never need something until you really need it.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This sort of violence is a well known phenomonen in Malaysia. It is known as amok. I believe it is also classified by the DSSM-IV as a psyciatric condition, which is subdivided into Amok and Beramok. Amok being associated with rage and vendetta towards individuals or society, and is often associated with psycosis, bipolar disorders and delusions. Beramok is associated with depression due to loss, such as death or divorce, and is associated with depression and mood disorders.]edit on 22-7-2012 by froglet because: grammar

edit on 22-7-2012 by froglet because: forgot to preview my edit

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
No, because its mostly the PTB behind it and I have faith we're here to wake up, and to stand up for what is Love and Equality, and its an honor to do this. Each day the only thing we should do is seek what to do and how to help each day, and also commit to waking up, pineal activation.

The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. (scripture)

This also means, by single, akin to the gnostic texts about your inner and outer, that is quite confusing. But the light bulb went off in meditation today, it all means, that your intentions and ideals on the inside, match your actions and words, and behavior on the outside. This is the goal. To be Love and Goodness in actions too.

Its an honor to be here and try to turn this around. This should be true for all.
edit on 23-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

You just have to understand that some people are just born evil. These psychopaths are ticking time bombs. Granted not all of them will become mass murderers or serial killers, but they do make life suck. The only reason it seems random is because the psychopaths(those born evil) and sociopaths(hose born prone to being evil) conditioned people to think that all people are born neutral to good.

Some people are just born evil.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
There are and have been a sort of randomness about people losing their "minds" suddenly in the past few decades, not to say that it has never happened, but for those that are aware of programming, whether it be "mind control", or even television "programming", does it scare you that this could really happen to anyone?

First off I, for one, don't think this was random.
But:
Why be scared of what you can't control?
Should I be scared that anytime I drive my car...I stand the chance of a fatal car crash? No.
There are plenty more people being killed daily by car crashes than a "lone gunmen".

With the bombardment of societies ills, and the violent culture that we live in, at this point I fear that anyone can be the next "lone gunmen". There have been many theories surrounding what makes a person lose it. What bothers me is how no one can really see it coming.

Most people that are found later on to commit horrific crimes are not the usual, living in the basement, and skinning cats. They are students, social, but secretly down right "crazy". How is it that no one seems to notice?

No one is noticing the rampant destruction of our nation and our individual rights, either.
No one is noticing the thievery in D.C., or the blatant abuse/waste of taxes too.
So what are we paying attention to?
The television and all its propaganda/programming?
More than likely.

Before people were labeled there were things that society looked for in an individual that would gear people to keep an eye open, like enjoying violence, or saying things outside the norm. But with video games, and violence all over the place, it is more normal to have these types of outbursts, and people look the other way.

Besides things like voice to skull, and MK-Ultra rearing its ugly head, we blamed parents or even genetics for the ills of those that were placed in mental institutions. Subliminal's in movies, music, commercials, magazines etc,. We are left to struggle with what we know our mind to be telling us, and what is being put into our minds, and not knowing the difference..

What about in the past? What about in the wild west...or even in the 20's-30's...?
DO you think the attention was there when rampant natives got massacred for their land?
They never pointed the blame on entertainment when robbers killed innocent bystanders in banks?
The blame was never pointed towards society when genocides took place in nations by your friendly gov't?

What is the difference?
National attention via media outlets.
Television and a fear-induced nation.

Sorry to break down all of your OP but it seemed fitting.

I can't live my life in fear of what may or may not happen.
Guns only protect so much, my hands only prevent so much.
If events happen that threaten my life or family's life then I act accordingly.
As in the past, so in the future.
I refuse to walk around in fear.
Who wants to live a life like that?

The gov't wants you to.
SO you have to "rely" on them...IMHO.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Does the Randomness of Violent Crimes, And How We CANT Explain Them Scare You?

Not really.

I'm tired of people hassling me to the point where my life is a living Hell under the guise of trying to 'make me safe' I don't want them I don't need them, if I was in a situation where I needed help the last people I would call would be them, they are a drain on my wallet and my nerves.

I'll take my chances without them.
edit on 23-7-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It's not the ammount of crime it's how fast you learn about it and how much you learn. There's always been crime but 3-4 people getting killed 3 states away wasn't news where you lived thanks to CNN and the such all the crime you want 24/7

Up the road a few miles . Ever hear of it Columbine times 4

Bath Michigan

Just like global warming nothings changed but the speed of the misinformation

new topics

top topics

active topics

join