It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Dolphin Carries Dead Baby Calf For Days

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I am convinced Dolphins are far more superior, caring and loving than Humans which----- isn't hard to beat come to think of it.

Not sure if anyone knows how the baby received that deadly gash on its back (most likely via humans) but the Mother was clearly on a mission to move her deceased baby------probably away from gawking spectators snapping photos!

I don't believe the Mother was grieving as stated for I believe animals have an innate understanding that there is life-after-life and that they'll meet again.

Published on Jul 17, 2012 by NTDTV

On July 8, a mother dolphin was spotted with her calf in Sanniang Bay of Qinzhou City in Southern China. The mother appeared to be helping her calf stay afloat. And when a tourist vessel got close enough to see the baby, they saw that it was dead.

It had a long cut across its belly, probably from a boat propeller. Tourist boats often go dolphin spotting in nearby waters.

The calf looked like it had been dead for several days.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I believe that mammals do grieve. They have the same limbic system in their brains that we do (the seat of emotion and emotional response). I have seen videos of mother animals grieving over their dead young and not leaving the body for days. Remember the captive gorilla that accidentally killed a kitten it loved? That gorilla grieved for days over that baby kitten.

Like all mothers who have lost children, it is just too painful to let go.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Dolphins the only other animal that Rapes and kills their own for sport...

Just a nifty dolphin fact.
edit on 22-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Aw,

That is such a sad video. My thoughts to the mother. RIP baby Dolphin.

Such beautiful creatures.

When I went to the beach, the hotel I was staying at, you could see the dolphins swimming and jumping near the shore. It was just so beautiful at sun rise.

Adorable animals.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I believe that mammals do grieve. They have the same limbic system in their brains that we do (the seat of emotion and emotional response). I have seen videos of mother animals grieving over their dead young and not leaving the body for days. Remember the captive gorilla that accidentally killed a kitten it loved? That gorilla grieved for days over that baby kitten.

Like all mothers who have lost children, it is just too painful to let go.

Could be. I know we've been shown what looks like grievance in certain animals, but what do we know?

I think more spiritually in-tuned beings (such as Dolphins) don't have an ego.
Humans mourn because 'we' miss others and/or feel sorry. Those are (for lack of a better term) selfish reactions.
I think those who understand death might actually celebrate it.

I just hate to think this Dolphin feels badly ya know?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

What? Do they take bets too?
Where did you read this?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
I am convinced Dolphins are far more superior, caring and loving than Humans which----- isn't hard to beat come to think of it.

This seems like a very silly statement to me. I honestly don't think dolphins are more superior than humans.

They may be very nice to humans when we interact. Just like dogs. Maybe they know they need to be weary of us and that is why they interact so well.

The ocean is not a great place for other species to have to live with dolphins. THere are many stories about what dolphins get up to on their own turf. On they treat some of their own, I get the impression they largely behave like vicious gangsters. Many gangs seem to bully other animals in the sea.

www.environmentalgraffiti.com...

The murders were confirmed by a film that surfaced, which depicted a group of bottlenose dolphins attacking a porpoise to the point of breaking its back and shattering its soft tissue.

In an even more shocking discovery, young dolphin corpses with matching injuries were spotted on the same shores as those where the porpoises were found. The reasons why bottlenose dolphins kill their young are unknown. However, some scientists believe it is due to mating instincts. In the wild, a lion will kill the young in order to make the mother available to mate again. Some researchers say the same principles may apply for the bottlenose dolphins. However, proof has shown the killing of young dolphins is not restricted to the male population, which only makes the case more perplexing.

Carrying around one of your dead young for days on end is not the sign of a more superior , caring , or loving animal. It seems very illogical and possible an animal that is suicidal and looking to be attacked.

edit on 22-7-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Don't chimps grieve the loss of a family member? I'm pretty positive some apes grieve/mourn in times of death. Cna't recall which ones.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

What? Do they take bets too?
Where did you read this?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Such beauty and innocence, in their own way. That is so touching and somehow, heartbreaking too. I wonder how close to human grief those Dolphins feel this? It looks like it's close enough for gov't work anyway.

It sure shows a level of self awareness and intelligence that should mean a lot though. If only we could communicate in the language we seem to have confirmed they ARE communicating with. Someday...maybe by computer?

Poor thing here though.

R.I.P. Little One.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Mourning? Or showing those evil fisherman what they did to her baby..

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

This seems like a very silly statement to me. I honestly don't think dolphins are more superior than humans.

Sorry you feel that way but please don't call my opinions silly.

My feelings didn't form from this one YouTube clip.
I've always felt Dolphins are higher on the proverbial food-chain than Humans. Hell, I think most insects are too.

I've formed this belief due to my experience with off-world Beings and my deep belief of USO's. What's in these oceans that these crafts are interested in?
Dolphins have a long history (relationship) with UFOs/alien Beings.

Take it for what it's worth !

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Thank you for sharing

I don't take to heart too much of what 'science' thinks. In 50 years we'll see how dumb we were. And in 500 years, we'll be embarrassed to have been a part of such an ignorant race. We know diddly squat.

Dolphins are highly intelligent. That much we all agree on. This 'homosexuality' thing seems to be more the rule than exception among the animal kingdom. Maybe Humans are doing it all wrong?

Who knows.

But like I said, a bunch of people studying Dolphins for 6 years does not make, fact. It's only a theory and we've been wrong a lot more than we've been right.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible
Mourning? Or showing those evil fisherman what they did to her baby..

I thought something along that line too

I thought maybe the Mother was waiting to let the baby's blood drip into the water as she approached the boat, to draw the attention of sharks. And then in some fish-mammal telepathy movement, the sharks would circle the boat just to remind the Humans whose turf this really was!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

My mamma cat lost a grown kitten about 4 years ago and she definitely grieved and some nights still does. She will wander around our place, with her grown kittens favorite toy in her mouth, crying and crying, sometimes for hours. Sometimes I can soothe her, other times I end up crying with her, I feel so badly for her.

I have also seen animals quite aware of their own mortality. In several cases I have seen pets that have come to me and "asked"for help when very ill. In nearly all cases I was able to get the pet help in time to save its life. In all cases, the illnesses were life threatening-in that I mean that without medical assistance, there was absolutely no chance they would've survived.

I personally think we know very little about the animal life around us. Certainly not enough to be able to understand their complex psyches. Heck, we don't even have a good handle on our own issues yet! Dolphins are definitely intelligent animals, but none should be discounted.
edit on 7/22/2012 by SweetKarma because: Felt a need.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien.

Sorry you feel that way but please don't call my opinions silly.

My feelings didn't form from this one YouTube clip.
I've always felt Dolphins are higher on the proverbial food-chain than Humans. Hell, I think most insects are too.

I've formed this belief due to my experience with off-world Beings and my deep belief of USO's. What's in these oceans that these crafts are interested in?
Dolphins have a long history (relationship) with UFOs/alien Beings.

Take it for what it's worth !

You don't want me to call your opinions silly.

Well , can you please explain why you believe dolphins are far more superior , caring and loving than humans.

Thats a very big statement.

Please explain. I have provided enough information to demonstrate that they are like any other hunters. They can be very vicious to other dolphins and even to their own young. How does killing other creatures you share the sea with for fun make you more caring and loving. Do please enlighten me.

I have seen nothing in dolphins behaviour to suggest they are somehow superior to humans? They will perform tricks just like dogs for rewards?

Now you state that you think that they are higher on the proverbial food-chain than humans. I am sorry, but that is a very silly statement. I suggest you watch the movie, 'The Cove' . You will see that dolphins are not higher than humans on any food chain.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I very much dislike this trend of making humanity seem like the root of all evil while putting every other animal up on a pedestal of transcendence. Our inhumanity towards ourselves and others are not human-only traits. We are capable of these things because we became aware of them. Do you think if given the opportunity, dolphins would not deceive and take advantage of others?
edit on 24-7-2012 by TheReclaimer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

maybe as the AWARNESS GROWS in humans its GROWING IN ALL SPECIES (radiation the natural kind from a cosmic provider). The parent dolphin seems to be sad and was attached to her young. I wonder where its being taken too??? What if humans totally ASCENDED INTO MULTIPLE DIMENSIONS UP OR DOWN & left here it would be wise to upgrade the animal life ONCE AGAIN for future preservation of this sphere, so they can flurish past the human presence. IF THAT WAS THE CASE AND HUMANS WHERE SCHEDULED TO ADVANCE OR BECOME OVERSEEN.

edit on 7/24/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheReclaimer

Sometimes the WAAAAY ouuta box thinking in me makes me think or wonder if there are actual bad or negative animals just as there are humans. SOME GOOD SOME BAD. I think this when viewing animal kingdom and seeing the pupps or cubs killed or eaten by larger predators who could find larger prey but seek the weak and new. Humans are scanned so htose who are GOOD in nature are SEEN as those who are not are SEE as well. This is WHY there has to be CREATOR GOD(s) sends presence to oversee ALL* and to decide JUDGMENTS ON ALL* positive and negative ENERGIES.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

edit on 24-7-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join