It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-911 NIght before the election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Micheal moore is attempting to bring F/911 to pay-per-view the night before the election. What do you think about this. I personnally dont think its acceptable to do this the night before the election. I mean if ppl wanted to see it they would have seen it in the theaters or rented it. Even tho i dont agree with the new campain restrictions but canidatess cant do this or even show ads with the opponent on it or themselves. yet micheal moore can show his "documentary" which is clearly a atttempt to get bush unelected!! Im all for free speech but this seems lil bit like propoganda.

This is yet another example of how moore doest care about the truth just for the money. He knwos he can make a ton of money the night b4 the election by charging ppl $10 to see this movie. If he really wanted the truth to be out for everyone why not play it on cable tv for free?????

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

he really wanted the truth to be out for everyone why not play it on cable tv for free?????

Probably because it costs a significant amount of money to pay for the airtime to play it on cable TV for free.

moore is attempting to bring F/911 to pay-per-view the night before the election. What do you think about this. I personnally dont think its acceptable to do this the night before the election. I mean if ppl wanted to see it they would have seen it in the theaters or rented it.

You're right, maybe he should put it on PPV the night after the election.

Im all for free speech but this seems lil bit like propoganda.

Isn't propaganda part of the 1st amendment?

MK

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
If he really wanted the truth to be out for everyone why not play it on cable tv for free?????

He tried. The distributor that owns the video release for sales just about had a heart attack. Mike wanted to GIVE it to a broadcast network. They would have been sued anyway by Republicans going to the FEC, but MIke wants it out. He may get around both the distributor (selling it now) and FEC laws by waiting until Nov. then making it pay per view. No violations there. If you pay to see it, it's violating nothing.

Anyway, it's being shown free about everywhere anyway now that it's on video. They have it running about non-stop in my county at various make shift get out the vote centers.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well my fault didnt know that he tried that and I respect him for that.

I also think its perfectly legal and constifutional to show this but i think its a bit unethical on his part. Its almost like a last ditch effort on his part to get bush out. I mean if the american ppl really dont want him in there what difference will this movie make to the country. I think this is legal propaganda and jsut shows how dirty moore wants to play

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I think there is nothing wrong with it being on pay-per-view the night before the election. You still have to pay to see it. i dont see it violating any FEC regulations. If they were to keep him from putting it on payperview then they would also need to take the movie off the store shelves from rental stores and video stores. Same thing right?

Now if it was to be shown for free.. Then that's worth arguing over.

I havent seen the show. So I cannot speak any further.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with pay-per-view in my belief. If people want to watch it then they're paying for it. The networks will never show it.

If you want to see it then find a democrat, chances are they have it and will be only to willing for you to see it.

I believe every true democrat is going to be sitting watching this to get themselves into a ruthless election mood. Many will be helping out and will do so and with F911 outrages in their mind they'll be enthused.

top topics

join