It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN's Piers Morgan Exploits 'Dark Knight' Massacre To Push Gun Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Horrendous details from this Colorado cinema shooting. America has got to do something about its gun laws. Now is the time.

Well, that didn't take long did it?

Mods, if this is already being discussed....

So, for those of you who saw where this was headed, good for you.
Whether this was all pre-planned as I have heard mentioned or it was ANOTHER random lone gunman really doesn't matter because, the end result will be the same.

It will always be the same.
We LOSE freedom while 'they' gain control.
In this case......gun control.

Never let a perfectly good tragedy go to waste hu?
I'm not so sure this was random at all.
I am keeping an open mind for now on that one.

The bodies aren't even cold yet and you already have public figures like this making a political issue out of it.
His stance doesn't even make sense as it is obvious to me that if MORE people had guns then this A-hole could have been taken out. But hey, what do I know???
Me and my stupid logic and common sense.
Doesn't he know that if we had tighter gun control this dude would have still been able to do what he did?????
That Only law abiding people would have been affected??
NOPE.

Never crosses their minds because people like this don't CARE!!!!
They don't care about common sense and logic.
They let fear and/or money rule their lives.
In his case probably money.
In others, it is the fear.
It is ALWAYS the fear that convinces people to so freely give up their rights.
Problem is, once you give up your rights, you don't get 'em back sweetheart.
They're gone for good.

Let's hope this POS doesn't get his wish.

link

Ohh but wait, there's more.

On his weekly WOR Radio appearance, Mayor Michael Bloomberg also spoke out about the shooting. He called on Obama and Romney to respond to the shooting by detailing their plans to improve gun control.

“Soothing words are nice, but maybe it’s time that the two people who want to be President of the United States stand up and tell us what they are going to do about it, because this is obviously a problem across the country,” Bloomberg said.

link

For the people who think only cops and military should have guns,
WHERE THE HELL WERE THEY?!?!?
Not defending your sorry asses that's for sure.
They didn't get there in time did they?????
Ohhh I'm sorry, there were a few military men in the theater.
Apparently the weren't armed either.

Here's another question,
What was the theaters position on firearms?
Was there one of those nifty little signs that I am all too accustomed to seeing in the window?!?!?!
"Firearms are not permitted on these premisis"
Hmmmm, wonder why no one is talking about that?
I wonder if the theater will change their policy?
I already know the answer and so do you.

The theater can be as sorry about this tragedy as they want but if they don't allow guns on their property then
they share in the resonsability of the slain.
Yup, never let a perfectly good tragedy go to waste indeed.
get ready folks, here it comes.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Its amazing, and horrifying that people would listen to this guy...

Let the constitution stand strong

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
You can have as many gun laws as you want.....if someone goes ape# and wants to kill lots of people, they will do it. There is no way of preventing things like this from happening. Just be aware of where you are, who is around you and what you might do if SHTF. Takes a bit of time to develop situational awareness, but it can be done and you will be better of for it.

But as expected, those who want more government, more control will USE this event to try and destroy peoples freedoms with the promise of more security.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
He's a tool......somebody in MSM chosen to start the rhetoric. If we get everybody talking and debating about gun control (the right hand), then we won't pay attention to treaties being signed (by the left hand).

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Put two or three armed civilians in that theater and the situation would have been different.

....the shooter would have at least had to deal with, and focus on, returning fire... giving others
the chance to escape.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It is irresponsible that it is the govt. that makes it so difficult for maybe 20 or 30 of those victims who were not armed to defend themselves. The gun control should be you are required to carry under the 2nd amendment if you are qualified and trained. If you are not qualified and trained it should be the govt ensuring the citizens become qualified and trained so they can carry.

I'm all for gun control meaning everyone qualified should be carrying to be there to stop things like this. At least mitigate the outcome.
edit on 20-7-2012 by tkwasny because: typo fix.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'll admit that the first agenda I considered being fulfilled by this tragedy was for the TSA to now occupy movie theaters and other public entertainment venues. That is, until a bunch of politicians opened their big fat throat-holes.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I've already bought several monstrously high capacity magazines and drums this week stressing my budget.

Surefire 60's and 100's and a couple of Beta mags.

Each day they're harder and harder to find. Especially the Surefire 100's.

Everyone needs to do their part to flood the streets with as many high-caps as possible. Just in case.

During the '94 ban costs quadrupled. Spend $100 now and make $400 tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Morgan and Bloomberg are 2 proven idiots.

The only thing they deserve is painful testicular cancer.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd
Morgan and Bloomberg are 2 proven idiots.

The only thing they deserve is painful testicular cancer.

Whats great is bloomberg also recently came out with a statement, advocating that NY police officers go on STRIKE until tougher gun laws are implemented......

Stating that they should be telling the public

"We're not going to protect you unless you, the public, through your legislature, do what's required to keep us safe."

Seriously? With the amount of corruption thats being seen RAMPANT through out the country , with the police departments.......we should make ourselves more handicapped?

Bloomberg..........WE DONT WANT TO RELY WHOLE HEARTEDLY ON THE POLICE!

we want the power to protect ourselves, and that INCLUDES from the corrupt people who claim to be our "saviors"

new topics

top topics

join