It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote viewers, psychics, good guessers! I need HELP!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
First of all, let's just get the fact out of the way that I feel rather stupid in asking for this but it's a last resort kind of thing! My only other option is to get my car re-keyed and I'm hoping to avoid that.

With that out of the way...

I've lost my car cars. It's the only key I have left to my car and I've looked absolutely everywhere I can think of to look and most of those places I've checked more than twice! My nerves are frazzled and I'm turning to the good people of ATS before I go dish out money I can't afford to spend on having my car re-keyed and re-fobbed. Without my keys, my car is just a big useless hunk of metal setting in my driveway.

A word for the trolls.... as I stated in the first line of this post, I already feel dumb enough for losing my keys to begin with so for those who are just going to jump in here to tell me I'm wasting my time. Don't. For real... I'll just skip over your posts. There is absolutely no need at all to argue in this thread. And also, for those who would try to discourage this thread, I realize I'm really reaching in turning to this but I'm kind of desperate here and I figure it isn't hurting anyone so trolls go away!

With that said... for those of you who are serious about this, let me know what information you need and I'll gladly provide it. I wish I had a photo of my keys to post for you but I'm fairly certain I've never taken one, lol. I can describe them though. There is one car key... a black Dodge key, my key fob, a key chain with my name on it and my door key. I can provide any other details if need be. Many thanks in advance to all of you!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
www.wikihow.com...

Good Luck!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Silly question but, are they in the car? Been there, done that, I feel your pain.

Check between the seat and the console. Lost mine there for days once. Luckily I had a spare set.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I feel like something paper was placed over them perhaps mail or something like that. Is your desk wooden or do you have some wooden shelving, check under papers. Sorry if it doesn't help. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Thanks for that, lol! Wouldn't have imagine there would be instructions on how to find something but anything helps for at this point!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

I did actually. Checked several times, lol. I'll probably end up checking again but pretty sure they aren't there. Thanks for the thought though! There have been times before that I looked everywhere and they were in the car!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Debwe

Thank you! I'll check... I don't have a desk anymore but there are plenty of other wooden surfaces where mail could have been placed on them. Will go have a look!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Have you done laundry since the keys came up missing?

Also if it is hot out where you are, did you go to the fridge for a cold drink when you got home?

Those are the places I never thought to look until I had children and found that they would lose things in these sorts of places.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
When was the last time your drove? Do you keep your keys in clothing pockets usually? If you do make sure to check the pockets of the clothes in your hamper. One time I was checking the wrong pair of pants for my keys because I had thought I had worn them the day before and of course the keys were in the pants I had really worn.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I have a habit of leaving stuff in the bathroom.. check behind your toilet bowl as they may have fallen out of one of your pockets whilst taking a dump!

Check in any and every obscure place, we often drop things and kick them under chairs and stuff. Well I do anyway!!

Have you checked underneath your car? In your garden? Maybe the keys landed on grass and you didn't notice.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
One time, I found my keys in the refrigerator...

Try looking in places you would never in a million years have put them.

Bathroom, Medicine cabinet (taking my mourning vitimns put them with my wallet in there)

Refrigerator (Was getting my cream for coffee with hands full)

Linen closet (after finding them in the laundry)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Ok, I'll bite....

1) If your car is in the driveway, and you are inside your home on the computer... you made it through the door with them. These are my assumptions, so if that is not correct, please share where you are.
2) Is anyone else at the location where you are?
3) Has anyone else been there since you arrived?

If my assumptions (see #1) are correct...
4) Take a look at the lock in your door. Many times, when my hands are full, I end up leaving them in the lock, of all places. If you came through an unlocked door (ie. garage entry), look in the car.
5) This sounds funny, but I'm totally serious. I've often had to run to pick up a call on the phone or run to the bathroom as soon as I'm in the door. Take a look in the nearest bathroom, and any countertops by a phone, in case you set them down in a hurry.
6) My last suggestion is if you carry them in your pockets, as some men do... look in the laundry basket.

Hope you find them!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hmmmmm.........

How about a shopping bag? I often drop mine in one when carrying in groceries.

I am sending you vibes to help you on your search. You better update us when you find them and where, (even if it is embarrassing
).

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
how about the more practical advice of getting your chassis (VIN - Vehicle Identification Number) and calling your local dealer, they should be able to get you a new key sorted relatively easily. unless you find your key that is! good luck

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
check your linen closet or wardrobe!! some place with a shelf and clothes

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
They are in the alley behind iHoP where you met that...oops, never mind; must be someone else!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Is there grass and concrete together where your vehicle is parked? Could you have dropped your keys, and possibly kicked them or stepped on them? And is it possible someone else could have kicked or stepped on them where you park?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
chck the garbage and the drty clothes

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Damn, some one already beat me to it.
but I'll say it anyway
Did you check in the freezer, I have yet to find something missing there, but that's where I always look first.
And as long as your in there, have an ice-cream bar.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntoast
chck the garbage and the drty clothes

I feel like they are amongst clothes, too. In a drawer, hamper, a pocket, wrapped in a blanket, or washer/dryer.
edit on 20-7-2012 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join