It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rome: Total War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Is Rome: Total War any good, if you know please share with me.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It is worth every penny. It is the best strategy game I've ever played. The campaign map is a huge improvement over the previous games. It is actually a 3D map where you can move your armies around to block mountain passes and lay in ambush in forests. Whenever you engage the enemy it draws a little box around the armies and anything on the campaign map will appear on the battle map. (forests, bridges, rivers, hills) The battles must be seen to believe, they are simply awesome. I have yet to find anything I don't like about this game. In fact, I'm going to go play now. I have crushed the Gauls and now their Spanish allies must be conquered!

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
If you want to see some of the Battles on TV go to the History channel and watch Decisive Battles on Friday. They recreate famous battles using the Rome: Total War technology.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Been waiting for this since I was playing Medival: Total War, bought R:TW the other day and man does it play nice on my new vid card ^_^

if you liked the total war series you must own this

if you like large scale combat strat games get this!

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I own Mideival: TW and Shogun: TW, and they're both great. They get better each time, and from what I've heard, Rome: TW is no exception. What seems odd to me is that they move backward on the timeline with each game (1300-1500 in the first, 700-1200 in the second, and ancient times in the third). Next: Alexander: Total War?

new topics

top topics

join