It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

776 Earthquakes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
776 Eartquakes in US. The majority on the west coast and alaska along the ring of fire. Does it mean anything?

earthquake.usgs.gov...

[edit on 10/8/04 by HarmoniusOne]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Actually, it doesn't. That's pretty commonplace, especially in that area.

Let me guess, about 725+ of them have been under magnitude 1, right?

it's not a big deal at all, in fact there are earthquakes all the time. At any given point, during a day, I'm sure you can find an earthquake somewhere.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Actually...None of them is under a magnitude 1. About 45 are 3+ and the rest are between 1-3. Maybe it still means nothing but it doesnt hurt to be prepared right?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
Let me guess, about 725+ of them have been under magnitude 1, right?

Well... under magnitude 2, actually.
And many of the larger ones are more than 10 km deep (translation: you can't feel them at the surface.)

it's not a big deal at all, in fact there are earthquakes all the time. At any given point, during a day, I'm sure you can find an earthquake somewhere.

Very true. We should also point out that as our equipment gets better, we're able to record smaller earthquakes at greater depths. So the better our equipment, the more earthquakes we see. Earth is a very geologically restless planet and has always been so.

kix

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well the Colima Fire volcano started activity one day after Mt. St. Helens, it is quite active and with 2 lava flows....so the ring of fire is living up to its name...

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Any further info on the ring of fire activity recently???

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Not really much new going on...minor earthquakes are continuing, many of them from under Mt St Helens alone. Magma finally reached the surface of the volcano, but nothing too major....yet.

www.fs.fed.us..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

new topics

top topics

join