It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

Thanks for the post.

link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
And another thing...Who brings a baby to a midnight showing of Batman?

You don't have children, do you? If you did, I doubt you'd ask that
Trust me, the younger they are, the LESS they sleep when YOU want them to. Neither of mine slept on schedules, it was set-in-stone impossible to make that happen until their schedule shifted on their own. It was not uncommon for mine to not conk out for the night until 1, 2, 3, even 4am some nights. Now that they're pre-school age, their sleep schedules have shifted to more normal sleeping hours, they're typically asleep by between 7pm and 9pm now.

Had I the means to go to a midnight showing when they were much younger & wired to high hell through the wee hours, I probably would have taken them to a movie, just to do something at that hour. I'm not judging the parents of the young kids at the theater. It may have been a special family night out, or just something to do with the baby night owl. Think outside the box.

link   
This is a dreadful awful act, RIP to the lost and condolences to the families and witnesses.

Just before the story broke on the news in the UK, the news channel I was watching was discussing the film. They were saying that Bruce Wayne is one of the 1%, the plot of the film is the kind of social unrest we have right now and the villain.....

Yes, this could be a 'false flag' event, discouraging dissent, or it could be something else.

Disturbing events for sure.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

Ok look,

Ask yourself one question? Why did not one individual run to the gunfire instead of away from it like a bunch of lemming diving off a cliff?

Im the idiot that runs to the gun fire to protect those who wont. Im stupid that way. And if I was there it would be no different. Where are all of the heroes in America huh? Not one brave soul tried to stop the gun fire?

He has a gun......so what....wearing a mask he has limited visual range. And no, Im not claiming to be cool in any fashion. I don't expect anyone would ever want to see as much pain as I have. Your right I have been jaded.

So heres the point to all of this....and by all means let this sink in. This is not the first incident, and it probably wont be the last. This is why people lock their doors at night. I feel for the victims I really do and I wish them the best of luck. Yet understand a complacent population deserves what it gets to include me when ever I walk out the door. I have no real agenda to speak of I just think its mildly funny that people get so emotionally twisted when something like this happens like it never happened before.

Im here to say it happened, focus on a solution and not the problem because it will likely happen again in the near future. If anything expect conditions in this country to get worse. Frankly with as much violence in the movies and on TV you'd think people would be desensitized to this type of thing already.

And yes, they should just kill the hapless schmuck if he is indeed guilty..who cares why he did it. Guilty? ok, take him out back and kill him slowly, its what he deserves. An eye for an eye life goes on. The media needs to stop glorifying this type of behavior by allowing him to live a life in prison to write books and put trials on camera.

Honestly Im sick of the dense reactions from people when their own little world gets wind of stuff like this. In the end we all die...it happens..you can either run from the gun fire and take one in the back, or form a plan on the fly and maybe catch one in the chest and die with some dignity from your attempt....or not die at all and be praised for saving lives.

Don't expect things to get better if we as a nation can't stand up and take back what was wrongly taken from us which is true freedom. But no, we will likely scream for more security wont we? As a result we will only lose more freedom because of this.

America has become a nation of old women, and what happened here tonight is a prime example of what happens when we don't clean our own backyard, and then decide to live in fear and run away from the gun fire..

I laugh because I lack the humanity to care anymore about what happens somewhere else. I've got my own problems to worry about now and days. Especially since we live in a nation that shares the same motives about their fellow man as I do.

link   

Originally posted by buni11687
Im still watching the breaking news from FOX, CNN, MSNBC....from what im hearing is that the tear gas was released into the vents...

Plus the news networks are saying one of the guns were hidden in the movie theatre.

My question is.....how did this guy get the tear gas? Isnt that stuff very restricted to buy?

Also....what was the reason behind this? Is this some random shooting? The news media is now bringing up Columbine

Tear gas is an over the counter item, that can be gotten almost anywhere.
From there it is a simple task to weaponize it as a grenade.

link   
reply to post by Slodds

You're quite welcome

link   

Originally posted by g146541
Too bad, I guess none in the crowd had a means of defending themselves.
I wonder how the ccw laws are in this particular county.
Typical. An American reads a story about a mass shooting and the first thing he thinks about is bringing more guns to the party. Guns, guns, guns, yeehaw. What a sick society.

link   
reply to post by g146541

I dont care what country this happens in, actually. I care for ANY kid, who has a gunshot wound.

I also don't want to hear about politics, or foreign policy, or gun laws. ALL I care about is these kids survive this.

Lets not go there, OK? Thanks.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
If you're having trouble with the scanner try this Radio Reference Direct Link

link   
My heart goes out to the families of the victims...

It's really surprising how some places just lack any kind of security. I know that I'm going to get flamed for this but I wouldn't have a problem with more metal detectors and security guards at public events.

link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
a question i have is how does somebody get full body armor, smoke bombs, and explosives without raising some red flags?

Body armor

Tear gas

Explosives: their manufacture, properties, tests and history
Total Price-500$
edit on 20-7-2012 by ZeroReady because: link

link   
the suspect is a 24 year old male

seems there was only one gunman
he used tear gas

And the suspect DOES have TN plates on his plates, yet has an apt. in Aurora

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Thescripter

Thanks Scripter.....

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

True enough for kids aged 2-3, but if you're bringing a 6 year old to that movie, you're just being selfish

Suck it up, having kids means you can't ALWAYS get what you want.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by silent thunder
Do we have any solid info on motive yet?

No, and I doubt you will. My guess is that the government will want people to think that this was just a random, senseless act of terror. More fear produced, that way.

That's probably true but once his name is released we'll be able to see everything he ever posted on facebook, uploaded on youtube, tweeted, wrote, etc.

I assume we'll have more answers then.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Update from FOX news live on my TV.....suspect is 24 years old, possible explosives found in suspects car and also in his house....bomb squad is still investigating

link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
reply to post by MeesterB

Ok look,

Ask yourself one question? Why did not one individual run to the gunfire instead of away from it like a bunch of lemming diving off a cliff?

Im the idiot that runs to the gun fire to protect those who wont. Im stupid that way.

Spoken like someone that's never been shot at. I can locate & close with the best of em', but I have 15+1 on my hip.

link   
Lol at people blaming guns already. As if people in countries like England can't get a gun if they wanted one. How out of touch are people to not realise how easy it is to obtain such weapons. I've known police officers to sell all sorts of automatic weapons, sub machine guns and the like.

Getting a gun is about as difficult as getting hard drugs - not very.

link   
reply to post by Troofseeker

Please also note that the guy that first called him out on his propaganda was ALSO an American.

Not all Americans are gun nuts.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join