It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nothing happens in isolation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
i get really mad with people who dont understand how things work,
maby studying science for to many years has tempered my opinion,
maby others need to study more science.

when something happens in science we dont pretend it happened in isolation from the world,
it is exceedingly rare for an individual scientist to make a breakthrough by him or her self,

dont get me wrong sometimes someone on a desert island somewhere out of need, makes a discovery to enable them to live on that desert island and thrive. that is rare very very rare.

most scientists work WITH know given fundemental physics or biology and EXTENDS the known into a break through.

for every break though there is a scientific paper referencing those who went before and documented the previous findings so that people can CITE what was discovered.

imagine every scientist trying to work out general relativity each time they calculate the distence from the milky way to to a new galaxy.

imagine every scientist developing electrical theory each time they want light,
or developing a new theory on how to build a frame work for biological interaction.

each and every time a new break through was discovered, the scientist would have to design the experiment,
and the ability to document it. i need a microscope (dam i better study optical physics so i can do biology.

DO YOU REALISE HOW HARD OPTICAL PHYSICS IS?

ok so i have a microscope and can acually see, hold on i need light

so i now study electricity, resistance and become a metallurgist and glass blower to become able to produce a light bulb.

so now my microscope can use light to illuminate the sample,
bugger.......

i forgot i need to generate the power to make the light buld illuminate.......
dam bulb keeps breaking under heat ......

study thermo electric effects to design a bulb to last long enough to see sample divide....

nothing in science happens in isolation,
we owe our ability to do science on the people before us that perfected each step,

and it makes me MAD
to hear people saying,

i suceeded by myself in business,
without help I SUCEEDED

imagine if scientists did it,

WHAT SORT OF WORLD WOULD WE HAVE RIGHT NOW?

the people who run businesses who think they did it by them selves are deluded
AND IT LUCKEY THEY ARE NOT SCIENTISTS,

because if they were i would very quickly point ot EVERYSINGLE SCIENTIFIC PRINCIPAL THEY RELY ON

so go to a desert island and shut up
unless you can reference every single scientific principal that ENABLES you to be sucessful

people who attack obama for acually saying what i am thinking
YOU ARE NOT A SCIENTIST
WHAT THE HELL DO YOU KNOW

(i am not an obama supporter, i just cant sit still and listen to any more crap)
i did it by myself,
SURE YOU DID

xploder

edit on 20-7-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
“He didn’t invent iron ore and blast furnaces, did he?”

“Who?”

“Rearden. He didn’t invent smelting and chemistry and air compression. He couldn’t have invented his Metal but for thousands and thousands of other people. His Metal! Why does he think it’s his? Why does he think it’s his invention? Everybody uses the work of everybody else. Nobody ever invents anything.”

She said, puzzled, “But the iron ore and all those other things were there all the time. Why didn’t anybody else make that Metal, but Mr. Rearden did?”

- Atlas Shrugged, P1C9

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Explain to me how in the worst economy in years I am thriving, making moves I never thought possible, buying land cash, having a new car...

Is it the system or my effort that has allowed it, when others in my same position lose jobs and home?

What is my success caused by? Dumb luck? The system set up to help me succeed?

Or is it the sweat of my brow and the two cents god gave me to rub together?

It has and always will be my willingness to work and do the things others would not or could not do.

It is the risk I took at the right time using what intellect I could.

Btw the atlas shrugged quote is very appropriate.

join