It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John 1

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning.

It says in the beginning, the Word was with God, but then it says the Word was God. To some this is confusing. How can one be with, but be self?

What is your take on this particular verse?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I like to explain it away with string theory,

Simply god stepping down to what ever dimension he needs to.

God= on the 10th dimension.

Jesus = God on our dimension.

the Spirit= god on some other dimension.

But who really knows.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

God= on the 10th dimension

Curious as to how you got the number 10?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

God can do whatever God wants however God wants. There is no way for us right now to know, so we just have faith that God is God and can do anything, no mater how little we understand.
My take is that the Word is the holy spirit which is also God.
edit on 7/20/1212 by 1MrMarc because: oops

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

If true, the 10th is where everything began, where super strings vibrate to create all, where all possible outcomes past present and future, and all possible universes can all be witnesses.

Sounds kinda like the domain of an all power creator to me...

isn't it possible that the Judeo-all powerful creator god is what presides in the expanse of the dimensions, the universal consciousness, the original Conscious observer that sparked all creation.
edit on 20-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1MrMarc
reply to post by jhill76

God can do whatever God wants however God wants. There is no way for us right now to know, so we just have faith that God is God and can do anything, no mater how little we understand.

I can see this being said about something that took place. But, what about that particular verse? It would make the world of difference if it was mistranslated, or something else was meant.

My take is that the Word is the holy spirit which is also God.

Many say the Word is Jesus.
edit on 20-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

If true, the 10th is where everything began, where super strings vibrate to create all, where all possible outcomes past present and future, and all possible universes can all be witnesses. Sounds kinda like the domain of an all power creator to me...

Actually, Father resides on the 10th level of Heaven, this is why I asked.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

funny that isn't it...

its all in the book, if people just choose to read it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

You're right, I was trying to talk about the Trinity but stumbled over myself. When I come across questions like this I just assume I am not meant to understand it yet, but the answer to my question will be revealed if I open my eyes just a little more.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1MrMarc
reply to post by jhill76

You're right, I was trying to talk about the Trinity but stumbled over myself. When I come across questions like this I just assume I am not meant to understand it yet, but the answer to my question will be revealed if I open my eyes just a little more.

That is an interesting answer. The same could be said for the answers I give on here. Others may not know of it "yet", but it will all come in due time, if they want it to be seen.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

That is an interesting answer. The same could be said for the answers I give on here. Others may not know of it "yet", but it will all come in due time, if they want it to be seen.

The bible says Nature it self crys out to the glory of god, that only a fool doesn't see it.

I think this goes along with that, Science should never scare a christian, Science is our friend showing us the marvels of creation it self.

In the end if my faith is correct science can only Validate it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Amen to that. I have to get going, I wish I could talk about it more right now. God bless and good night.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I think this goes along with that, Science should never scare a christian, Science is our friend showing us the marvels of creation it self.

Very true. I guess people equate Science = Evolution and immediately discount it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

well thats if you believe evolution negates god in the first place.

Remember, the first 5 books of the bible where God telling Moses them.

AND you can't see God, many argue just as the Word, was Jesus, that Moses dealt with the Pre-incarnate christ.

IF that was true, and Jesus is the Same, Yesterday, Today and forever (funny they throw that in the bible, the yesterday part...)

SO if it Was Jesus telling Moses about creation, wouldn't he use the same teaching methods he has always used to describe ridiculously complex issues in their most simple forms.

Parables...

Moses was told a simple Parable by Jesus, on the basic How and Why of what he needed to know, he didn't feel the need to teach Mosses a primer on every earth science that exist.

It would be out of Jesus nature to even TRY and explain astrophysics , biology, and the dinosaurs to what amounted to a sheep herder.

But don't get me wrong, an All powerful creator could in theory of snapped his fingers and created all things are they exactly are two minutes ago, and technically you couldn't prove otherwise...

Ultimately it doesn't matter to theology really, it just makes more sense to me the way I view it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

SO if it Was Jesus telling Moses about creation, wouldn't he use the same teaching methods he has always used to describe ridiculously complex issues in their most simple forms.

So what do we have:
- It was Father talking to Moses?
- We are strictly going off Moses word and it is subjective at best?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Simply put: It's stating that the logos are within and without (inside and outside). This effectively means that the outside and the inside are the same thing. This is Oneness, and we're all part of it.

A bit of illustration:

Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the (Father's) kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the (Father's) kingdom is within you and it is outside you. When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."

Jesus said, "Why do you wash the outside of the cup? Don't you understand that the one who made the inside is also the one who made the outside?"

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by jhill76

The bible says Nature it self crys out to the glory of god, that only a fool doesn't see it.

In the end if my faith is correct science can only Validate it.
If we don't embrace Science, then we could not possibly and fully appreciate the beauty of the cosmos. It's like going through life with bat eyes (they have awful vision!) and no sonar to compensate.

Also, your comment reminded me of this logia:

His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?"

"It will not come by watching for it. It will not be said, 'Look, here!' or 'Look, there!' Rather, the Father's kingdom is spread out upon the earth, and people don't see it."

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Pretty much its Moses word.

But even the Seraphim's cover their face in the presence of God.

So if theologically you can't Face God, who did Moses deal with?

References to the "angel" of the lord is thought to be pre-incarnate Christ.

And Moses relating a parable that Jesus told him about the history of earth would explain things like the Flood being in many cultures through out history.

Remember there where other people in creation... Who did Cain marry? Again Jesus telling him the history of HIS people.

Not all people, Moses people with whom descended from Abraham.

The problem is modern Christianity reads it as the Creation of MAN, not the the creation of Gods chosen people.

ALSO recall Jesus uses the "I AM" statement that God gave Moses as well, so Jesus has no problem with the whole God and Him issue, its us people that don't get it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

the word was God...

Meaning the word Jesus spoke came directly from God...

Jesus explains in this passage...

25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.

28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Christians tend to use john 1 to prove he was God as well... when understood correctly, it does not mean he was God, but a part of God.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning.

It says in the beginning, the Word was with God, but then it says the Word was God. To some this is confusing. How can one be with, but be self?

What is your take on this particular verse?

Dear jhill76,

But, what was the word? The word was "I Am". The word, God's name" was not a sound; but, it was a meaning. The meaning was that there was self awareness in the universe. That there was God. The word universe means all that is and God is all that is. We are but a part of God, of all that is the universe, we are but a part. God is the universe, all that is and all that has been and all that will be. All and we are part of that. We do not exist outside of God and our imperfection allows us to be perfect on another level. We is the issue not me and not you; but, all parts matter. Neither of us knows all that can be known; but, we both know that all can be known by us at any point in time. You may need a second to thing about that. God is all that can be known. You cannot know more than God, than the universe, than all that has been, is and will ever be. You cannot know more than that, all other thoughts are mistakes. Never fully developed; but, real. Free will is critical, it is our self definition, how could God interact with repeaters for eternity, why bother creating us at all?

Christianity is not the stupidity that you hear on television. Those are perverts of the word and themselves. I work with a man that knew them all. Christianity is nothing more than knowing the truth, that the universe is sentient and that we are part of that sentience. That sentience, the "I Am" is what matters, that you matter and that I matter, that everyone matters. What really stops people from believing is that if we all matter, than we need to give more than take. That we define ourselves and buy our eternity by our self definition. That if we only care about ourselves, eventually that is all we get in the afterlife. Eternal solitary confinement. Not a punishment and not a trick, a choice. I think we call that free will.

I am no "New Ager" and I love science. I love quantum physics and the thing that what really confuses them is why any of this works, what the glue is (that is why they search for the Higgs Boson), it is because the glue of the universe is sentience, what God said, "I Am", not the sound of a word that we will never know the sound of, it is the meaning, it is self awareness, the ability to know right from wrong and the ability to choose which path we take. When the church dies, the real game begins. We are close; but, we are not there yet.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Christians tend to use john 1 to prove he was God as well... when understood correctly, it does not mean he was God, but a part of God.

I see. Your information provided, makes it much clearer now.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join