It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney Adviser: 'Real Americans' Don't Care About Candidate's Afghanistan Policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

A senior adviser to Mitt Romney declined to provide more specific details on the presumptive GOP nominee's plan for Afghanistan on Thursday, saying it was a distraction from what "real Americans want to talk about."

Full article

Um, no. I do believe Ms. Wall is full of # on this one. As of January 2011, a CNN poll showed that 63% of Americans oppose the war in Afghanistan with only 35% supporting it. As of March 2012 a poll shows 69% in opposition and only 23% in agreement with it.

So if 63% of the American population DO care about it then apparently those 63% aren't "real Americans." Good lucking winning in November by declaring that many people as not being "real Americans." Although, I firmly believe that the elections are decided in advance. A major faux pas like this (in addition to the many others Romney has made) will make it hard for TPTB that to justify in their own minds picking you as the next POTUS.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Wow........ Does Mitt have Obama people this close to him or are his staffers this incredibly stupid?? He's trying to lose. Must be..... This will do it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
They say stupid things because they don't really want to achieve anything good. When your agenda is to more or less obliterate anything left that is good in this country, there is nothing good you can say.

Romney, his campaign, and Obama and his campaign, they all say the stupidest things because they have not one good intention.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well if I remember correctly Mitt has said before that he'd like to keep troops in Afghanistan.

Seems he's in a rather precarious position.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I firmly believe that the elections are decided in advance. A major faux pas like this (in addition to the many others Romney has made) will make it hard for TPTB that to justify in their own minds picking you as the next POTUS.

I think TPTB already have picked the winner and it isn't Romney. He is the Republican version of Kerry, running on the anybody but Bush/Obama platform. He's running on the belief that the public so hates Obama, they will vote him out if just given any other contender to vote against.

This works well for the party faithful who will show up in droves but, the vast middle, when given no specifics about his policies or plans for the country aside from saying that he will undo what Obama has done, won't find anything to get them excited about voting for Romney. They'll probably go with the devil they know instead of another warmongering Republican with no specific plans or platforms to turn the country around.

Romney was chosen by TPTB to lose right from the start. Just like Kerry and McCain and Dole and Dukakis and Mondale and all the other chosen losers before them.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Sorry Romney and crew...most Americans care about the wars we are in. Our foreign policy affects us and the rest of the world, you can't just choose to ignore it. Romney is a complete moron, did he really think that statement was going to win over voters of ANY persuasion?

What makes someone a "Real American" anyway? I find the term rather elitist and completely subjective. It is just trying to reinforce the "Us vs. Them" mentality but completely failed.

edit on 19-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I think I get it now, when his adviser says "REAL AMERICANS" he actually means "MILITARY ADVISERS & THE CONTRACTORS THEY'RE CONNECTED WITH"

edit on 19-7-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
We currently have about 80,000 troops in Afghanistan. Assuming each of those has two parents, that's 240,000 people. If each one also has a husband/wife or boyfriend/girlfriend, that brings it up to 320,000. Adding in aunts, uncles, cousins, children and friends, I'm sure the total would be over half a million.

Those people that have a direct interest in what's happening in Afghanistan aren't real Americans? They are Americans and they are very real.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

YEAH WHY WOULD ANY REAL AMERICAN WANT TO KNOW ABOUT OUR FUTURE PRESIDENTS PLANS FOR THE WAR WE HAVE BEEN ENGAGED IN FOR 10+ YEARS. /ALLCAPS

My god really? I think they are just going to flat out say it soon. Mitt really wants obama to win. The guy is the GOP John Kerry. He has zero control over his campaign. I guess it is unamerican wanting to know how fiscally honest the potential leader of the most powerful organization in western civilization is. And wanting to know about his plan for a war that said organization is involved in...WELL THAT IS JUST UNAMERICAN. If you don't like it you can just geet out!

Sigh... Queue the frothing liberals and Conservatives in 5, 4, 3, 2...

Also, ron paul.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

What's funny is that if someone really wanted Obama out they'd only have to get Paul up against him. Obama'd be out like a charm.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

See, I don't really think so. I'm not a Ron Paul fan myself, but I think all elections are pretty much pre-decided. Ron Paul or Jill Stein or Gary Johnson, etc. would not be able to win unless TPTB wanted it to be so. Unfortunately all of those candidates have views on certain issues that contradict the agenda of TPTB.

Maybe in a fair fight, Ron Paul (or any of the others) would come out on top of Obama or against Romney, but we know they won't ever get that fair fight. Look at the RNC debates. Romney came out on top regardless.
edit on 19-7-2012 by CoolerAbdullah786 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join