It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds raid NJ Capital's City Hall One Day After Searching Mayor's Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Feds raid NJ Capital's City Hall One Day After Searching Mayor's Home

news.blogs.cnn.com

Federal agents raided City Hall in New Jersey's capital on Thursday, one day after they swarmed the home of the city's mayor, as well as those of his brother and a campaign supporter.

"The FBI is executing search warrants at various offices at Trenton City Hall, pursuant to an ongoing investigation," FBI Public Affairs Officer Barbara Woodruff said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7/19/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Please use EXACT headline for BAN submissions.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'm not too sure what they were looking for, but it's about time we see some action taken against corruption, no matter what it is. Searching "various offices" leads me to think that possibly the entire city hall staff is in the mayors pocket. Shame to think that

Anyway, it will be nice to see this sort of story becoming more of the norm. I can't wait to watch the SHTF when they start coming after bankers(if they ever do).

news.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

Does this mean Christie is no longer a VP candidate?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

Corruption fighting corruption? The feds are the most corrupted of them all.....

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Christie as a VP candidate is laughable. The guy's a goon. Nearly as bad of a choice as Palin. He reminds me of a cartoon mafioso.

edit on 19-7-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'm not sure why the FBI doesn't have a branch office set up in each State Capital. Just like the police have stations in high crime ghetto neighborhoods.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
I'm not sure why the FBI doesn't have a branch office set up in each State Capital. Just like the police have stations in high crime ghetto neighborhoods.

Then the feds would just become the head of the corruption.

See: Whitey Bulger.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This is interesting to say the least. Admittedly I haven't payed much attention to Christie, so this could be an interesting developing story. Initial impression has been he was just another mouthpiece, but sometimes first impressions are wrong. It gives me something look into, a break from the Middle East and farce of a presidential election.Time will tell, it always does.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Lets not forget that Christie is the Gov of NJ, not the Mayor of the capitol. This may or may not have anything to do with him.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by mattdel

Christie is not the Mayor of Trenton. You can read right?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
A better source since CNN won't cover details regarding a crooked Democrat who takes money from convicted sex offenders.

Mack, 46, on Wednesday denied wrongdoing after the FBI spent the overnight hours searching his home, and the homes of his brother, Ralphiel Mack, and businessman Joseph Giorgianni, a campaign donor who is a convicted sex offender. An email message left Thursday for the mayor's top aide was not immediately returned.

The Democrat's first two years in office have been marked by repeated accusations of reckless spending, cronyism and mismanagement.

Questions have also lingered about how Mack financed his 2010 campaign at a time of personal financial problems. His home and other properties have faced foreclosure, and last month the city reported that he, his brother and Giorgianni all were late making property tax payments.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Tony Mack is a real piece of work.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattdel
Lets not forget that Christie is the Gov of NJ, not the Mayor of the capitol. This may or may not have anything to do with him.

It has zero to do with him. It's the election year madness that has crazed Partisans so in it's grip they invent their own versions of reality. Both Parties are acting the same. That 's how people like this fellow are able to get elected in the first place. He could be a mass murderer and the media his Party controls would cover it up until they can't anymore.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by mattdel

Christie is not the Mayor of Trenton. You can read right?

Really? Thanks, because I thought the Mayor of Trenton was a player on the national stage and a candidate for VP.

Political scandal is political scandal. If the Mayor of Tallahassee, and the City Hall was raided by the FBI, it would cause our Governor some headaches, and he would have to address the issue, and distance himself from it. Seeing as how Christie is such a polarizing personality anyway, and seeing as how his name is on the national stage right now anyway, then you can bet he will have to comment on this, and you can bet anything happening in the State of New Jersey will go into the evaluations of the potential VP candidates.

But thanks for your sarcasm, because sometimes I forget why certain screen names give me a bad taste in my mouth, and it takes a little reminder every now and then to refresh my dislikes for people.

top topics

join