It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the White Gods?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Who is White?

As far as I know the "Classic Stereotype" of "White People" are mainly from England, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Denmark ect, you know - blue eyes, blonde hair stuff. Of course there are many more "Newly Self Appointed White Countries", like America, Australia, South Africa and so on.

My question is why have all of these "Whites' adopted the "Coloured/Ethnic" Gods? Where are the White Gods?

When you look at the top 20 Religions in the world, based on the amount of people who practice them, not one of them originated in a "White" country.

Lets take a look at these Coloured/Ethnic Religions

1 Christianity has 2 - 2,2 Billion Followers and originated in the Middle East.
Predominantly practiced in the Western world (Europe, the Americas, Oceania), Sub-Saharan Africa, the Philippines, and East Timor in Southeast Asia.
Abrahamic Religions

2 Islam has 1.3 to 1.65 Billion Followers and also originated in the Middle East.
Predominantly practiced in the Middle East, Northern Africa, Central Asia, Indonesia, Western Africa, Malay Archipelago with large population centers existing in Eastern Africa, Balkan Peninsula, Russia and China.
Abrahamic Religions

3 No Religion/Atheism 1.1 Billion. Predominant in the Western world and China.
Secularism

4 Hinduism 828 Million to 1 Billion. South Asia, Bali, Mauritius, Fiji, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago, Suriname,
Indian Religions

5 Buddhism 400 - 500 Million. South Asia, East Asia, Southeast Asia, Australia and some regions of Russia.
Indian Religions

More to come

Oops wrong forum - Can it be moved?

edit on 19-7-2012 by Pedro4077 because: WWlll forum is wrong

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
When I think of gods, in plural, the first ones I think of are Norse and German gods, who are all white.....

But you're right. We seem to have abandoned them.

edit on 19-7-2012 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Balaram is white and He is the first expansion from God . There are many white land Gods . All over Europe they had their own Gods like demigods . Im not expert justknow that as far as your title goes their is a white God and a blackish God as well and they are brothers to each other but the same

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Respect for Mother Earth

I believe that Coloured/ethnic/Indigenous religions are superior because of their Respect for Mother Earth, giving thanks to Nature/Animals/Wilderness ect, where as Anglo's/Whites seem to worship Technology.

6 Folk religions 400 - 500 Million Followers. Africa, Asia, Americas.
Folk Religions

7 Chinese folk religions (including Taoism and Confucianism) 400 - 500 Million Followers. East Asia, Vietnam, Singapore and Malaysia.
Chinese Religions.

8 Shinto 27 - 65 Million Followers. Japan
Japanese religions

9 Sikhism 24 - 28 Million Followers. Indian subcontinent, Australasia, Northern America, Southeast Asia, the United Kingdom and Western Europe.
Indian Religions

10 Judaism 14 - 18 Million Followers. Israel and the worldwide Jewish diaspora.
Abrahamic religions

Well that is the top 10 based on Numbers of Followers.

More Here - en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It depends on who exactly you include under the banner of your broad definition of "white". Do ther Romans count as white? The Greeks?

Even if not, there's the Norse/Germanic Gods, the ancient Celtic and Druidic religions.

What's the point you're attempting to establish? That white people have been robbed of any connection to the Gods of ancestors?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I would not count Italians/Greeks or even the Spanish as White. They have dark eyes/hair and olive complexions,

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

My point is you have all lost your way and now worship technology.

Those who are deeply religious Bush/Romney/Obama and so on, prey on peoples faith to push their agendas.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Most 'whites' live in the west, and are therefore mind-controlled by the Zionists. Religion is unimportant. Christianity is a Jewish tool.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

My point is you have all lost your way and now worship technology.

Those who are deeply religious Bush/Romney/Obama and so on, prey on peoples faith to push their agendas.

If that was your point, your OP is a total fail then.

As to "white gods", there are so many, it would take some time to compile them. And then, you have to count those like Quetzlcoatl who were "white gods" of a non-white people.

But this OP sounds like more racism under the guise of something else. Haven't we had enough of that lately?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
When I think of gods, in plural, the first ones I think of are Norse and German gods, who are all white.....

But you're right. We seem to have abandoned them.

edit on 19-7-2012 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

I think so too. In "Clash of the Titans," Zeus says the Gods need worship, it keeps them powerful and immortal. I personally think all, or most of the old Gods and Goddesses still exist, just waiting for humans to call on them. Sometimes I tend to think it is Humanity that is the Real Gods.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Yep...I definately see the racist slant here . Im not sure what they are teaching em in schools nowdays .

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Shout outs to Odin

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

If that was your point, your OP is a total fail then.

How is this a total fail. For example some Christian Services are done in cars, that's right, just like a drive in movie.
Keep the car heater running while you listen to your local Priest? Thank God for Technology.

I'm on a laptop surfing the web so obviously I'm not against technology, but eating a burger in your car and listening to a service is an insult to the creator.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The area's where "white" people dwell such as western Europe , the Nordic countries and the British Isles were originally Pagan ( from the Latin for " Rural").
Paganism encompassed many religions such as Wiccans, Druids, Shamans, Sacred Ecologists, Odinists and Heathens .
The recognition of the divine in nature is at the heart of Pagan belief. Pagans are deeply aware of the natural world and see the power of the divine in the ongoing cycle of life and death. Most Pagans are eco-friendly, seeking to live in a way that minimises harm to the natural environment.
Paganism was eventually swallowed up by christianity . If you look at Christian festivals you will note that a majority of them share their dates with early Pagan festivals .
Even the Norse people were considered Pagan by Christianity .

So there is you answer , OP .

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpg47
The area's where "white" people dwell such as western Europe , the Nordic countries and the British Isles were originally Pagan ( from the Latin for " Rural").
Paganism encompassed many religions such as Wiccans, Druids, Shamans, Sacred Ecologists, Odinists and Heathens .
The recognition of the divine in nature is at the heart of Pagan belief. Pagans are deeply aware of the natural world and see the power of the divine in the ongoing cycle of life and death. Most Pagans are eco-friendly, seeking to live in a way that minimises harm to the natural environment.
Paganism was eventually swallowed up by christianity . If you look at Christian festivals you will note that a majority of them share their dates with early Pagan festivals .
Even the Norse people were considered Pagan by Christianity .

So there is you answer , OP .

Shirley you can't be serious.
Egyptian beliefs pre-date all the above mentioned by several thousand years. Christianity is a Middle Eastern theft of an African (Egyptian) Religion.
Nice try though

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

I don't understand why you said " nice try " ?
I have given you answer you seek. Western Europe was originally Pagan which then became Christian , although Paganism is still practised by a minority .

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The old gods are alive and well. The hunter of the greenwood. The lady of light, death and rebirth. The gods of the Aesir and Vanir, Bran and Bel also, They are all there, and they are listening still.

As the age of the Sons of Abraham fade away, the people return to the land.

Where are they you ask, you only have to listen to know the answer ti that question.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpg47

Paganism encompassed many religions such as

Encompasses, We're still here.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Yes of course .
My apologies . I meant no offence

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I disagree, (although the only person who knows that for sure is he OP) However, we cannot and must not label everything that focus' on the traditions and culture of the "white" tribe of people as racist. It 's not. Everyone in the world is encouranged to look after their traditions, songs stories and heros. We are expected to learn about others and forget our own.

No way. We have our own, and rightly have the right to be proud and uphold them, just as much as any other group,

Does that make me a racist? No, it makes me a guardian of our ways. Which the OP is right in saying has been lost, and there are precious few of us out there.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join