It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant hole and Tunel found in Mars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tluna1
reply to post by Apleness

It kinda reminds me of the Movie Pitch Black with Vin Desael. where alien bugs live underground, only come out when its dark and are heat seeking.

Something living underground wouldn't be heatseeking, they'd use sonar like a bat. Thats what those things were using in Pitch Black, which is why they couldn't see people when they stood still and were quiet.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I wish people would start posting these threads on geological features in the right forum.

Lava Tubes have nothing to do with UFO's and Aliens. Any first year Geology student could identify what that is. Odd how the thread keeps going after the answer was posted on page one.

This isn't a lava tube it's a cave. There are numerous caves like this on Mars.

From APOD

A Hole in Mars

Explanation: What created this unusual hole in Mars? The hole was discovered by chance on images of the dusty slopes of Mars' Pavonis Mons volcano taken by the HiRISE instrument aboard the robotic Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter currently circling Mars. The hole appears to be an opening to an underground cavern, partly illuminated on the image right. Analysis of this and follow-up images revealed the opening to be about 35 meters across, while the interior shadow angle indicates that the underlying cavern is roughly 20 meters deep.

The word cavern means cave not tube. How sad pass geology but fail English.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Cool find !
This may be the first spot
(if they don't find more soon)
that extra-terrestrial life is found.

We'll have to hash out the "Let Down" scale just in case.

1. Microbes. (major let down)

2. Martian Snow Tadpoles. (interesting but let down)

3. Snow Monkey that can throw fire with a hand made uniform.
(better than a Grey)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The hole and surrounding reminds me of a sink hole here on earth. The center collapses allowing a view inside, eventually more collapses and eventually there is deflection in the circular surrounding landscape.

Finding this and exploring it should be a boon to tell us some history about the planet, although I fear this hole may not be very old geologically speaking.

Oh to be young enough to make it to Mars and be on a team that investigates such anomalies.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BacknTime
Something probably crawls out of their or flys out of their. Maybe under all that rock and ice there is a big underground Dome city. but who know's unless....i travel their myself

Spirit showed us a lot of stuff flying around on Mars. You just had to have a great graphics card and the time to download all of the images and view them with the right software. Fortunately I did just that and have found at least one good picture of a bug flying on Mars and a Rod.

This is the bug I found in an image

This is the rod I found in an image

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I've studied geography of Mars, I knwo

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
looks like an exit wound! i was going to say maybe a small chunk of fast-moving meteorite flew straight through mars, but scientists probably would've found the entry wound/crater by now. maybe there's something inside Mars trying to burst out!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection
Not a natural hole. some1 or something made this. intriguing

That is a natural hole if I ever saw one. And I saw a few, while hiking and climbing.

Did you ever go hiking/climbing in sandy or vulcanic areas? If not, how can you determine it's not 'natural'?

Really, some people really need to get out more, nature is not paved.
So many 'cases' are built on a lack of awareness of the natural world, and the phenomena encountered in nature.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
First time post, Fussing with Photoshop, Not adding, But removing light. This is what I got, Not trying to discover anything or trying to make headlines and stuff, Its just what I got messing with the levels in CS5. I am a professional Colorist, I color correct film and video for a living and I am employed by a highly respectable company. I do it 8 hours a day every day, And have been doing it for 10 years now. I got this result in 5 minutes. Also I did this because people do it to the moon pictures and I thought it would be fun, You guys go ahead and tell me what you see, If you see anything at all. I have a nice and big imagination, I see a face, But it could just be me and only me who can see it.

Take Care.
PS I HOPE THE PICTURE WORKS
reply to post by Apleness

imageshack.us...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
On the other, similar cave found by NASA Orbiter, they posted the following on their site:

"Evidence that the holes may be openings to cavernous spaces comes from the temperature differences detected from infrared images taken in the afternoon and in the pre-dawn morning. From day to night, temperatures of the holes change only about one-third as much as the change in temperature of surrounding ground surface."

Cavernous spaces, eh? Interesting.......

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Aren't these caused by erosion? Sink holes in essence? All the signs seem to point to that but....

That does not mean something wouldn't use it for some purpose, animals in the wild on our planet do the same thing (inhabiting man made or natural formations).

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Yeah- maybe theres an absolutely huge funnel web spider down there!!!

Hope not.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Empty magma cavern...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
Aren't these caused by erosion? Sink holes in essence? All the signs seem to point to that but....

That does not mean something wouldn't use it for some purpose, animals in the wild on our planet do the same thing (inhabiting man made or natural formations).

True, but storing your sports model UFO in eroding ground would be foolish if it wasn't supported heavily by various structures. The hole edges would most likely be secured, it is obviously frayed. Though perhaps aliens sprayed massive amounts of invisible super glue into the ground, from the inside. I doubt it.
edit on 20-7-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: missed word

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by enterthematrix

yes faces can be seen much like in the mitchell hedges crystal skull

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Looks like an eyeball.

I thought Mars was red...

Mars comes in different colors, depending what mood NASA is in that day!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I must say sounds interesting, I am sure nasa and JPL have a lot more interesting photo's that can allude to a civilization that lives underground, there is sure evidence such as "Gary Wilcox" and his 1964 April 24th testimony. But of course when martian crafts come into this atmosphere they cloak well and do not make a habit of notifying the natives on earth
. Gary Wilcox is an exception.

So you get things like (book) Aliens In The Forrest". Little men in white uniforms. Donald Shrum saw them.
Men in White sort of speak. There will be more indications of leaked photos. Not sure if this is one of them.

Just too many and I mean MANY artifacts on mars to not think something incredible happened. Most people just can't fathom it.
edit on 20-7-2012 by thetiler because: spelling

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
some meteorite of ice/acid crashed and metled the soil into that hole ?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GrimReaper86

Could be... but it actually reminds me of a bullet hole in glass.
Perhaps this is the result of an impact... just my guess.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It means there is a volcanic vent on Mars. Not much chance of survivors.Let me guess,, you take 8th grade Science this Fall?
edit on 20-7-2012 by MissingRonnieR because: because of A;ein ants.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join