It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weight loss drug Qsymia approved for use in US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Weight loss drug Qsymia approved for use in US!

www.bbc.co.uk

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved a new weight-loss drug from the pharmaceutical company Vivus.

The FDA approved Qsymia for patients who are overweight or obese and have at least one other weight-related condition.

The approval comes after the FDA gave another anti-obesity drug, Belviq, the green light last month.

The approvals are the first in the US for 13 years.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bbc.co.uk
exercise.about.com
edit on 7/18/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--You MUST use the Article Headline for BAN submissions

edit on 7/18/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Apparently this is becoming such a problem and wouldn't be if people moved more than what they do! Yet taking in certain foods that the body doesn't break down too well, probably also doesn't help. Neither does the various forms of substitute sugars that cause cancer in mice and humans...Yet we still allow people to ingest an un-surmountable amount of garbabge that their body doesn't need. Why? Do you know chewing gum for 12 hours is like doing a 35 minute walk, so you are telling me these people can't find any way whatsoever to move at all? I find that hard to believe, unless they are trapped to their work ethics without any way to help themselves!

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

edit on 7/18/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yes the drug you mentioned is Illegal and against TOS to bring up...

BUT a micky'ds big mac meal large size with a coke comes in at what 2000 calories at least? and thats completely legal and cheep to shove down the gullet.

Its far more complex than just blame the fat people, although they carry a ton of the blame.

BUt isn't convenient every bit of healthy food is exponentially more expensive than junk food?

Why does the obesity epidemic effect the poor first?

Im all for letting people eat themselves to death, but if we are going to be bitching about it the whole time why not cut the problem at its source?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Yes, I'm sure this is perfectly safe. Put it in the back alongside the narcotic opiates and other poisons.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I would love to see somethign that could really keep everyone at their optimum peak of health and wellness, but I have a rotten feeling about this one.

After reading the OP link, looks like one of the key ingredients of this new miracle drug is phentermine. I know that the lawsuits have made more money than the drug ever did.

Now you say "New" or "FDA Approved" and people want to continue moving along with the same habits that lead them down the path of physical disaccord in the first place.

Wish there were a safe and effective way to help but this is going to be an infomercial in a year or two for lawsuits I am afraid.
www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
We have one monopoly controlling the entire food supply by shoving high fructose corn syrup into every imaginable food, and fattening up the population. Then we have another monopoly selling us poison disguised as weight-loss pills, which allow us to keep eating the processed crap that is killing us.

It's a win-win for everyone - except the people.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

top topics

join