It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Wins Case Against VISA In Iceland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Source: disinfo.com
Author: Jacob Sloan
Published: July 17, 2012

WikiLeaks Wins Case Against VISA In Iceland

The Icelandic courts have ruled that the major global credit card companies cannot block donations to WikiLeaks. Any hope that the United States and other developed nations will see the light? Russia Today reports:

The Reykjavík District Court has ruled that Valitor, formerly known as VISA Iceland, violated contract laws by blocking credit card donations to Wikileaks, according to a press release posted on the whistleblowers’ Twitter account. The court also ordered that the donation gateway should be reopened within 14 days otherwise Valitor will be forced to pay a fine of $6,200 daily.

Well this is interesting news. Did a search and couldn't find anything about this on ATS, which I found surprising. Not sure how ATS missed this one, considering this story was published almost 2 days ago. It's interesting to see how viciously Iceland has been challenging the bankers and the status-quo in general as of late. They really are taking things into their own hands, and now their courts have taken the side of Wikileaks over a large credit card company, which would never happen in the U.S. or any other place. Iceland is looking more and more attractive as a place to live, free from the propaganda and manipulation... but then again I wouldn't be surprised if there was some type of "rebellion" against their "evil dictatorship" for atrocious "crimes against humanity" in the near future.
edit on 18/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Personally , i see nothing wrong with Wikileaks. I think it is a disgrace for us to be trying to prosecute them. There is a reason we have Classified information , or top-secret. If Wikileaks gets their hands on it , it should be fair game. The government should be held responsible for not keeping secure networks or tying loose ends.

The people who get the information shouldnt be punished , but the government should learn from it. I love America , but hot damn our government is stupid as hell some times.

If the government cant keep data ' Classified ' then heads need to roll and policies need to change. Why the hell would you go after Wikileaks when you failed to keep ' classified ' information ' classified ' , its your own damn fault.
edit on 18-7-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Why the hell would you go after Wikileaks when you failed to keep ' classified ' information ' classified ' , its your own damn fault.
Yes, that's a very valid point... but really I think the whole idea of punishing an organisation which reveals lies and corruption within Government is completely absurd. The true criminals are punishing the whistle blowers for exposing their crimes, and we some how let that happen and many of us even defend such actions based on irrational dedication to a Government who is rotten to the core. It's completely laughable imo, the status-quo knows no bounds...
edit on 18/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Just whistleblowers is all they are, if you are not guilty you should have no problem, that is what they say right??

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Go Iceland!
They are weird people, but at least they have balls!

edit on 18/7/2012 by drakus because: space absence or disrupting makes hazing pigs arise like god-like peanuts, really!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Wikileaks is a setup anyway. Only because a file is top secret does not mean it is earthshattering info, its just intel only military is allowed to see, like the report of a military unit.

You have to ask yourself, why of all the people is it Assange who got all that media support, with his finding brought to the foreground in the time Magazine, der Spiegel, TV appearances. Would the people who control the media support him, if he were a threat? They would not. Why didnt William Cooper get any Media coverage?

top topics

join