It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide attack kills Assad's brother-in-law and Syrian defense minister (JC Intelreport)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The bombing of two high-level security targets in the very heart of Bashar Al- Assad´s security and defence ministry in central Damascus,  shows a new ability for the FSA, and above all the efficiency of implementing high value defectors from the Syrian Armed Forces, in FSA:s battle for liberation.

Those eliminated in this masterful rapid deployment action, were the country's Defense Minister Daoud Rajha and his Deputy  Defense Minister and true head of SMI,  Assef Shawkat, Bashar al-Assad's brother-in-law. 

Assef Shawkat

Daoud Rajha

The elimination of the latter might present some future problems, pending an evaluation of the most probable reactions by Assad and his head of intelligence, Hisham Ikhtiyar, whom due to the limited range of the explosive devices, survived the primary and secondary blasts in the targeted room where the meeting took place . Other senior security officials were wounded, some critically,  according to latest feedback from an FSA spokesman. Republican guard troops had surrounded Shami hospital in Damascus after ambulances brought casualties from the explosion site.

With the exception of Ikhtiyar, all the members of the crisis group set up by President Assad to try to put down the revolt are now either dead or injured.

At the Pentagon on Wednesday morning, Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta said that situation in Syria "is rapidly spinning out of control" and warned Mr. Assad’s government to safeguard its large stockpile of chemical weapons.

As promised by FSA, operation "Damascus Volcano - Sham Cataclysm",  is now in full effect with preliminary feedback looking quite promising for the rapid liberation of Syria.

On a further notice two Syrian brigadier generals have defected to Turkey, and with them around 600 soldiers from the regular Syrian Armed Forces,  including high level officers and pilots from the
Al Quwwat al-Jawwiyah al Arabiya as-Souriya (Syrian Air Force).

Previous evaluated ETA on the fall of Damascus has now been revised to 45 days +/-7 days depending on the reactions from Syrian Military Intelligence and Assad´s WMD brigades.

A strategic outlook on current events in Syria can be found here;
here

Syria: Fierce fighting in Damascus - interactive map

sources:

Stratfor Global Intel 
AP 
German ARD 
Militärischer Abschirmdienst 
Google Maps 
hurriyet daily news 
stratrisks
The Guardian

edit on 18-7-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Already posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

You cannot compare that short snippet with the extensive info I offer. I am sure I reach certain readers here whom are interested in the info I offer, and not a mere link, without any extensive breakdown of currents events.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Assad might want to hire out TSA to perform strip searches before meetings.

I expect more suicide killings are in the plans. However, I doubt Assad is anywhere near Damascus.

warned Mr. Assad’s government to safeguard its large stockpile of chemical weapons.

Wonder if these are the chemical weapons that Saddam allegedly moved to Syria.
edit on 18-7-2012 by jam321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

It is a matter of when a thread is started, your's wasn't first and we don't need loads of different threads about the same topic. Add your input to the existing thread.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Mine is an analysis and data I have found through various sources. The other one was a mere link. Which one holds most value you think?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

It is a matter of who started the first thread on the topic. I have seen two threads on the same thing open within minutes of eachother and the one who posted first keeps their thread.

Its not about content, if someone already has a thread on the topic you are simply to join their thread if the topic is of interest to you and add your input, links etc. In this manner contributing to the quality of the topic.

If I have something that I consider of higher quality than yours then I would post in your thread what I consider to have greater quality, I would not start my own thread because I thought my thoughts and input was better than yours.

The only time to start a thread is if it is something not before posted.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter

Mine is an analysis and data I have found through various sources. The other one was a mere link. Which one holds most value you think?

The other one. It's far less gloating and partisan.

Look at the language you use...'efficiency', 'ability', 'masterful rapid deployment', 'promising', 'elimination' (rather than murder one assumes?)

And my favourite part.

'The elimination of the latter might present some future problems'

No, really, you think??

edit on 18-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Syria is and mostly has been a proxy battlefield for worlds superpowers to test and prove their abilities and influences in the region...If Assad stays,west looses a point.If he goes,east looses a bunch of points....poor people of Syria are just victims of a devilish power and greed game that is been played forever,by the leaders of both sides in different periods of times throughout the history.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Dear JohnCarter.

I can understand your frustration over how some of the more cunning, filled with their own agenda to distort and detract from truths and realities will pounce upon any specific news to carry out their own agendas, in the hope to sway others by half truths, lies and plain lunancies, believed in only their own side of events.

As a result, many whom do have the time to ponder through page after page, will generally read the 1st and last few pages only, and whatever one attempts to portray their side of view will be neglected.

Over the years here, I know how they work, and even to the extent of how they use numerous nicks to support their own posts and flag it, as if it means something. Some of the more notorius ones are humourously well known on the Alien forum, but lately, such desperate tactics use by them are beginning to appear here.

No worries. Everyone has their freedom of speech and beliefs. Truths and Realities are often self evident, no matter how much distorted data or irrelevant unfounded claims are attached to it.

There are ways to play this game, honourably. It's only a matter of where you place your thread and how you phrase your Title.

I could have send this by private message to you, but I believe in fair play for all, so long as no T&C is broken and complete transparency here.

So, if your thread is not closed by a moderator, I would be honored to discuss the issues you brought up to the table, as you are by far a rational man, rather than to discuss it at highly opinionated one sided views with only insults heaped upon contributors from OPs of those threads.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

You said:

filled with their own agenda to distort and detract from truths and realities will pounce upon any specific news to carry out their own agendas, in the hope to sway others by half truths, lies and plain lunancies, believed in only their own side of events.

This OP in this thread is chock FULL of agenda and a willingness to distort and detract from truths and realities! Just take a look at the language used and the sources cited to know that!

It just appears you like and agree with the agenda being espoused here!

The other thread on the other hand is not arrogantly stating any agenda, rather it is bringing a topic up for discussion. For some reason I am not sorry you do not like that!
edit on 18-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Suicide killings my ass.

They're western-funded, western-operated attacks on Syria.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Thank you ST101 for the kind appreciation. I´ll try to do my best to offer the more mature readers here on ATS, some in-depth and correct Intel on current events on certain parts of our planet. I hope you will enjoy them as you seem to have enjoyed the most recent. I also look forward to more posters contributing with extensive and thorough posts on any mature subject, and not the simple pasting of a link (hoping to gain some flags or stars). The latter will only serve to bring down the reading quality and enjoyment of ATS.

Lets hope the ATS moderators doesnt kill this thread due to my neglection of writing a different head line or any other reason.

JC

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Wait, you're saying John Carter has no agenda in his posts and isn't using careful language and pictures to evoke prescribed emotional neuro linguistic responses?

edit on 18-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Disinformation people seem to think the rest of us are brain dead!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by khimbar

I mean they can't really think that little of people?

Can they? Really??

It's not even subtle.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

No, they threw subtlety to the wind long ago, about the same time people in America started being so obsessed with reality tv.

I think there is a connection here.
Change peoples perspective on what is actual reality, and you no longer need to be subtle in your attempts. (there was actually an article done once about reality tv actually being funded by the US government in order to further their own agenda!)

But yes, really.....they honestly do think that little of us all

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I value your opinions and you seem to have had so many of them in such a short time;

I don´t know how you do it or how you find the time to make so many contributions to ATS in such a short time. You are really good ... or you are something more than what you try to "sell" here...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

yeah, I am a writer... if you notice most of those posts are either in short stories or BTS

and no, sadly I have no social life!
(but all my freinds are here so woohoo!)

I very rarely come ATS to post however.....BTS mainly
edit on 18-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

and no, sadly I have no social life! I very rarely come ATS to post however.....BTS mainly

You say you come here very rarely and yet you have managed to post 797 in 67 days, minus the larger amount of days you have been vacant in accordance with the answer you just gave me?

*points lamp towards OpinionatedB*

I am doing the math here O and I cant seem to make it work. At least not on a realistic level. Can you help me out please? After all, we are talking about disinfo agents here, and how easily some of them "infilitrate and deceive innocent readers". How can you "jump" on the bandwagon of ATS with that amount of posts, stars and a nice prepared profile without some "special help" from certain authorities?

<<   2 >>

join