It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'building missile defense station in Qatar'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

The Pentagon is building a missile defense radar station at a covert location in Qatar, The Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday. The site will be part of a system intended to defend the interests of the United States and its allies against Iranian rockets, unnamed US officials told the newspaper.

From this particular piece of news, it is clear and evident that any conflict in the ME will probably not escalate for a while. Qatar and few other ME countries have clerics that practice or believe in the faith doctrine 'Wassatiyya' (A broad intellectual movement that emerged with Egypt's 'New Islamists' as a 'Middle Way' between rejection of Islam and Extremism. Obviously this is not acceptable with the more fanatical sect of the religion and the supremes. Yet another aspect that only threatens the region from each other.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

The Pentagon is building a missile defense radar station at a covert location in Qatar, The Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday. The site will be part of a system intended to defend the interests of the United States and its allies against Iranian rockets, unnamed US officials told the newspaper.

From this particular piece of news, it is clear and evident that any conflict in the ME will probably not escalate for a while. Qatar and few other ME countries have clerics that practice or believe in the faith doctrine 'Wassatiyya' (A broad intellectual movement that emerged with Egypt's 'New Islamists' as a 'Middle Way' between rejection of Islam and Extremism. Obviously this is not acceptable with the more fanatical sect of the religion and the supremes. Yet another aspect that only threatens the region from each other.

What? No link? Might as well dump islam altogether, so many sects that wanna kill you for not following their way to the letter, you're better off atheist than muslim and when they aren't killing someone else theyre killing eachother, shooting women in the head or stoning them to death, preventing women from being bread winners and successful. I wouldn't worry about those persians in Iran, if they ever oust that theocracy they might restore some peaceable sense to that nation.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You are clearly biased, using the stereotypical version of Islam painted by Islamaphobics like you. While the Europeans were fighting, enslaving and squabbling with each other the Muslims were reading and studying Greek and roman scriptures, writing poetry and building studying anatomy.
And you do know that ATS has a motto right? It's called 'denying ignorance' So far, I haven't seen much of that from you.

new topics

join