It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iphone 3G that cant make calls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I bought my wife and daughter an iphone each, wife got the 3gs and daughter got the 3g one, i havw the 4 version.
As you can see, we all like iphones.
What it is, I have an old spare iphone 3g with a few small scratches on the screen and gps doesnt work at all. Then when i was drunk, i put the sim card in the wrong way and it jammed and broke the contacts. I replaced said contacts with new ones and soldered them in, but noticed the wire just underneath where the sim is inserted that moves open and closed has broken off as well!
I went to a few repair shops who tried to sell me a new iphone rather than try to sort it for me.
Rather than not use it, i have filled it up with loads of music i like and play it in the car connected to aux and also in the house so it is like an ipod now!
Think is, it will only take a tech about 20 mins to fix it for me but try as i might, they ask for a small fortune and phone isnt worth a great deal.
The sim tray that had the contacts only cost pennies to but brand new....
Any thoughts anybody? Wifi works perfect though.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Recycle it, use the money to buy another one, did you know there have been events that suggest the linking of wi-fi frequencies to heart attacks in young children.
In some schools in the uk defibrilators are being kept on site as the occurrence of children having heart attacks is no longer anything like as rare as it was.
I also think the heart attacks on the football pitch of those two footballers was caused by a massive amount of microwave energy.
50.000 people nearly all with a microwave transmitter/receiver, in a closed environment, can't be healthy.
Please as a parent, try and limit your childs exposure to wi-fi, and other microwave energy, this is an ongoing experiment, the results of which are as yet unknown.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Meant to say, daughter is 28 and not a child now. Wouldnt get much trying to sell it so might just keep as an ipod until i get it fixed sometime...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Yeah, was about to say, just keep it as a glorified iPod touch. Failing that, take it down C.E.X. or Cash Converters.
edit on 18-7-2012 by nostromo85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

lol
guess the old saw about scot's being "thrifty"

is true

a 3g?
a 3g?!!!!

and broken to boot
seriously?

the missus must be extremely proud and showing off her 3gs to everyone she can

RLMFAO

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a bit like your stupid comment, idiot.

if you had read it more you would have seen we have 4 iphones and i also use an ipad2 so if you have nothing better to do, go annoy someone else ................ans scots are as thrifty as anyone else

edit on 19-7-2012 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join