It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't know what I am looking at.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
the whole reason they do this is to serve relevant advertising so you're not getting sex toy advertisements ... unless you;re into that kind of stuff.

you can block it completely if you want to

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Why don't those of you who fear Google Analytics do some research into it? It's the most popular traffic analysis tool on the internet, it's how we know how many people come to the site, what pages/forums they are looking at, etc...

We have to be able to track our traffic numbers, NOTE that I wrote NUMBERS, NOT "people", it's the only way advertisers can know it's worth placing ads on ATS because lots of people will see them. Google Analytics presents reports with numbers, not names.

Cookies are the only reliable and widely accepted way, currently, a site like ATS can afford to keep the lights on. Cookies don't care who you are either, nor can they "discover" who you are. Essentially all cookies do is prove you saw a page with an ad on a website and they save your preferences that YOU set (auto log in, MyAts, etc...) if you choose to, for that site.

None of this software has any idea who you are, or, any interest in you personally, it has no way of identifying anyone personally. This is 1990's stuff people, come on.

Seriously, if you fear something as mundane and ubiquitous as Google Analytics you should log off the internet now.

Enough of this ignorance, thread CLOSED.

Springer...

<< 1   >>

join