It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another cyber espionage campaign found targeting Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This Trojan named the Mahdi, let's remote hackers steal data from infected pc's and gather information by monitoring e-mails and instant messages. More than 800 victims have been identified in 5 different countries in the Middle East, primarily Iran.

"Security experts have uncovered an ongoing cyber espionage campaign targeting Iran and other Middle Eastern countries that they say stands out because it is the first such operation using communications tools written in Persian.'

hdn.com

Security experts have uncovered an ongoing cyber espionage campaign targeting Iran and other Middle Eastern countries that they say stands out because it is the first such operation using communications tools written in Persian.

Israeli security company Seculert and Russia's Kaspersky Lab, said on Tuesday that they identified more than 800 victims of the operation. The targets include critical infrastructure companies, engineering students, financial services firms and government embassies located in five Middle Eastern countries, with the majority of the infections in Iran.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Is this the so called 'mahdi' that will rise from the 'khorsani' region?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Interesting you mention that. I was reading a blog talking about the same thing you mentioned.

edit on 17-7-2012 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal
reply to post by hp1229

Interesting you mention that. I was reading a blog talking about the same thing you mentioned.

edit on 17-7-2012 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

I took a WAG. No connections with any blog sites from my side. But I do know that the supremes of Iran were discussing about the 'mahdi' a week or two ago and that there was a thread on ATS ?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
So, the yankees keep commiting hostile acts against Iran.
Is it getting clear who's who or we still need more proof?

new topics

top topics

join