It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My aunt saw my brother(he passed away 10 years ago) What am I suppose to do?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
"Hardcore Catholic" and "Logical being" are contradictory terms.

I stopped reading after the first three words already because the details stated are "3rd degree hearsay" coming from someone who is completely biased ( read brainwashed ) through his faith. I don't believe a single word.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightwhosaysnih
Mediums often say that spirit visit people who are more open to receiving them. Perhaps your skepticism is blocking out any possiblity for your brother to appear to you, and your aunt's faith is allowing her to be more open to these experiences.

Knowledge>Faith

I'm using my brain to arrive at the truth. My aunt was raised a Catholic in a place where pretty much Catholicism was the only religion around. She got indoctrinated and that's why she is still a Catholic.

I am a skeptic, but I am open to anything and everything.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by phroziac

Originally posted by pacifier2012
If your Catholic then you must believe in the Bible. If you believe in the bible then you know a dead human cannot appear again on earth in any form. Angels can't impersonate an individual so therefore there is only one conclusion.

How do we know the bible is true?

That is one BIG GLARING reason why I don't believe in the Bible. I was seeing the dead as a child, and was told by the church it was demons. A church sponsored exorcism followed. I still see them. Any book that tells be different is telling me lies.

How can we actually know whether they are demons or actually dead people? Whatever someone believes is at the end of the day pure faith? Christians believe they are demons you believe they are dead people. How can one actually know?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Not only do you not have faith, but you're selfish as well.

All's I'm saying is that he would have appeared to me before appearing to her if in fact it was actually him.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
All religions will, if they are worth anything to the Human condition, promote inherent right hand virtues which are in line with what it means to be a Human Being...
Virtues such as Honesty, Humility, Honor and Compassion, to name but a few...
These are derived from non-religious Human Principles such as Truth, Love and Courage...

[Originally posted by 0the trooth0] I need to know if all this is true so I can turn my life around and be a good person and prepare myself the best I can for the afterlife whatever it is and whatnot, or just live my life however I want and enjoy the only life I'll have.

Are you really seeking the Truth, trooth?
Is there perhaps a deep subconscious fear within you that you may find it, and have to face the “giving up” of your dalliance in whatever you think your doing that would not be acceptable by your peers otherwise?
Seeing your brothers ghost, might force you to do this, correct?

Could this be why you cannot see your brother? Because deep inside, where your higher self knows all your darkest secrets, you really do not want to face the possibility of what might be the actual Truth?

And it does not need to involve religious icons standing in judgement...it can be held to light in the courts of what it means to be Human...with Human Virtues...
What would your Community think of your secrets?
If the afterlife depends heavily upon a communal consensus of what is acceptable behavior for things to remain "real" then it wouldn't be much different than what we experience in this life we are living now, so...if your secret behaviors will not stand the light of day in this life, then you can almost bet that the consensus reality heavens that may exist in the next will not tolerate them either...

It might not be a pleasant thing to be on the "outs' ...out there...

The lefthand path is contrary to the above mentioned principals and virtues...
We might find ourselves telling Lies to others...as well as ourselves...
A Lie relies upon Cowardice to live. In the light of Truth it cannot survive...

What is it that you feel you will have to give up if you learn the Truth, trooth?
What “turn around” is required?
Are there things your doing that perhaps are not humanly virtuous? Things that would be abhorred by the general populace of your fellow Human Beings?

If you have the Courage to face your entire Self, and admit to the Truth of your inner secrets...
Then you will not need your brother to appear for you anymore, for you will know the Truth...and it will be a Human Truth, and it will be True and evident here as well as whatever hereafter you may find...

Have Courage to walk in the complete light of Truth amongst your fellow Human Beings, and you shall receive their Love, and they yours...

Let the Burning Heart of Human Virtues, (which btw Christ is a good example of), guide you, for it is not just your heart, it is ours as well...

Cynosure

“We have trodden upon the dark paths within the vale of Forever, and sailed upon the shining seas along Eternity’s shore; making great sacrifice and detail of our journey the entire way.
Yet, no cynosure do we need to lead us to our hearts, for there is no boundless space nor lengthy time which doth divide us from that....”

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0
I can't believe she actually saw him because there is no way in hell he would appear to her and not to me. I mean that's sooo cruel. I would instantly believe in a afterlife if he only would have appeared to me. My aunt and I are not close and also she lives in another country.

I just cannot believe that it was actually him and he thought to himself or maybe a higher intelligence was behind this and said hey "I'm going to appear to my aunt (who has always been good and avoids evil things and is very pious, prays rosary everyday and her afterlife is probably going to be great) and not appear to my brother (whos on the "wrong" road in life and who's life is messt up and it looks like the future is not good and is suicidal and is a skeptic although open to other possibilities by him seeing me he would turn his life around and be good and avoid evil and believe in a afterlife! and when he dies since he was good because he saw me were going to live happily ever after!) Seriously...

I could never forgive him for appearing to my aunt and not to me...

dammit...

I was considering making a thoughtful comment about this event, regarding the appearance of the departed but then I read this addendum you made and realized that it would be useless.

You do know that its not always about you...right?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jaguarsky

To answer your question, YES.

PLEASE, make a thoughtful comment about this event, regarding the appearance of the departed
edit on 19-7-2012 by 0thetrooth0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

I was never a believer. I am 59 years old and have seen to much. Too many bad things, that happen to too many good people. I lost a nephew several years ago. He was 33 years old. We had been very close. He and I loved drag racing. We started going to Indy, and we would spend a couple of days there every year.

He had a heart attack, he was 6" 9' and 430 lbs. When he stood in the door way, hardly any light would come in around him. He almost bought the farm, but the Dr. was able to bring him back. Did some work on his pipes and he was able to go home. He was married with 3 kids. Had a good job and was a hard working guy.

He called me after he came home from the hospital. He told me that he had passed over and seen his grandparents. They told him that it was not his time yet and he would have to go back. He lived two days after that, and fell on his face in his living room in front of his wife and kids and died.

I knew Nick sense he was a boy. He would not have lied to me and never had. I asked him was he sure about what happened. He told me, yes Uncle, that is what happened..

People would call him the gentle giant. If you needed help you could count on him. He so loved his family and was making a good life for him self.

Is there a God ? Is there an after life ? We will all find out someday. Until then, I say BS.

But hey, I have been wrong before.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by oldkawguy

"Is there a God ? Is there an after life ? We will all find out someday"

It really helps to know the answers to those questions in this lifetime so if there's an afterlife, we can prepare for it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The one God...

Our Creator...

Does not speak to us in formal human ways...
To do so, would rob us of a very crucial element which makes us who we are; and that is the free will to choose our own paths.
It is something we must be gently indoctrinated into...lest we be swayed by unatural forces...

We are children within this cosmic duality in which the entropic forge of creation burns brightest, spinning eternally beside the utter and consuming darkness of complete unity...
If you were shown the full glory of the Creator and the Creation, the effect would be to destroy any doubts in your mind about the full scope of what lies before us...it would distort your growth... like too much light on a tender seedling...

Your Aunt has already chosen her path...you, it would seem, have not...

The vision of your brothers spirit was something that only reaffirmed the choice she has already made long ago...
and in an indirect way, put the question of your faith to you...

Faith is paradoxical...just like the one God...

But it is sort of like thinking about something akin to infinity...you can never fully "know" what infinity is, because to define it...to put boundaries of definition to it...is to fall short of what it truly is...

You must have faith that it is part of the whole picture...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khurzon
All religions will, if they are worth anything to the Human condition, promote inherent right hand virtues which are in line with what it means to be a Human Being...
Virtues such as Honesty, Humility, Honor and Compassion, to name but a few...
These are derived from non-religious Human Principles such as Truth, Love and Courage...

[Originally posted by 0the trooth0] I need to know if all this is true so I can turn my life around and be a good person and prepare myself the best I can for the afterlife whatever it is and whatnot, or just live my life however I want and enjoy the only life I'll have.

Are you really seeking the Truth, trooth?
Is there perhaps a deep subconscious fear within you that you may find it, and have to face the “giving up” of your dalliance in whatever you think your doing that would not be acceptable by your peers otherwise?
Seeing your brothers ghost, might force you to do this, correct?

Could this be why you cannot see your brother? Because deep inside, where your higher self knows all your darkest secrets, you really do not want to face the possibility of what might be the actual Truth?

And it does not need to involve religious icons standing in judgement...it can be held to light in the courts of what it means to be Human...with Human Virtues...
What would your Community think of your secrets?
If the afterlife depends heavily upon a communal consensus of what is acceptable behavior for things to remain "real" then it wouldn't be much different than what we experience in this life we are living now, so...if your secret behaviors will not stand the light of day in this life, then you can almost bet that the consensus reality heavens that may exist in the next will not tolerate them either...

It might not be a pleasant thing to be on the "outs' ...out there...

The lefthand path is contrary to the above mentioned principals and virtues...
We might find ourselves telling Lies to others...as well as ourselves...
A Lie relies upon Cowardice to live. In the light of Truth it cannot survive...

What is it that you feel you will have to give up if you learn the Truth, trooth?
What “turn around” is required?
Are there things your doing that perhaps are not humanly virtuous? Things that would be abhorred by the general populace of your fellow Human Beings?

If you have the Courage to face your entire Self, and admit to the Truth of your inner secrets...
Then you will not need your brother to appear for you anymore, for you will know the Truth...and it will be a Human Truth, and it will be True and evident here as well as whatever hereafter you may find...

Have Courage to walk in the complete light of Truth amongst your fellow Human Beings, and you shall receive their Love, and they yours...

Let the Burning Heart of Human Virtues, (which btw Christ is a good example of), guide you, for it is not just your heart, it is ours as well...

Cynosure

“We have trodden upon the dark paths within the vale of Forever, and sailed upon the shining seas along Eternity’s shore; making great sacrifice and detail of our journey the entire way.
Yet, no cynosure do we need to lead us to our hearts, for there is no boundless space nor lengthy time which doth divide us from that....”

I am indeed seeking the truth.
I am scared of what the truth might be, but I am willing to face/see it no matter what.
By "turn around" I mean start doing good deeds. Give money to the homeless, help my mom out more, etc. I would have to stop being lazy, stop getting angry so much. Be less selfish and have love always. I am willing to do the turn around though!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

My guess is you have struggled with this a lot. Since you are an atheist but your brother died you have struggled with how can you live with believing that, no? This was your brothers way to tell you that do not despair, everything is ok, he exists, he is fine.. hence the smile.

It could be a manifestation of his soul, suggesting reincarnation or it could be an angel.. what is to say it is not the same thing? Ultimately it is your choice when to reincarnate. Perhaps he is waiting for you to reincarnate together again?

You know, Believing is seeing. If you don't believe he exist how could you possibly ever be open to seeing him? Unless you are on the right wavelength there is no way for you to experience that.

I believe this is true for all things in life. Ever wonder why some continuously claim they see aliens / UFOs, others ghosts, others Jesus / God, others Muhammed / Allah etc. This is why. I believe it is also why it is so hard to convince people of just about anything that conflicts with their beliefs, while it is obvious to you it might even not be possible to exist on their wavelength of reality and thus your efforts are rejected.

They are not crazy, everything is valid. It is simply their reality consisting of the things that resonate with their wavelength. We ALL are experiencing our very own individual reality and this experience on earth is simply a combination of your reality and the agreed upon elements from your and other individuals realities in your environment.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by anno141

My guess is you have struggled with this a lot. Since you are an atheist but your brother died you have struggled with how can you live with believing that, no? This was your brothers way to tell you that do not despair, everything is ok, he exists, he is fine.. hence the smile.

It could be a manifestation of his soul, suggesting reincarnation or it could be an angel.. what is to say it is not the same thing? Ultimately it is your choice when to reincarnate. Perhaps he is waiting for you to reincarnate together again?

You know, Believing is seeing. If you don't believe he exist how could you possibly ever be open to seeing him? Unless you are on the right wavelength there is no way for you to experience that.

I believe this is true for all things in life. Ever wonder why some continuously claim they see aliens / UFOs, others ghosts, others Jesus / God, others Muhammed / Allah etc. This is why. I believe it is also why it is so hard to convince people of just about anything that conflicts with their beliefs, while it is obvious to you it might even not be possible to exist on their wavelength of reality and thus your efforts are rejected.

They are not crazy, everything is valid. It is simply their reality consisting of the things that resonate with their wavelength. We ALL are experiencing our very own individual reality and this experience on earth is simply a combination of your reality and the agreed upon elements from your and other individuals realities in your environment.

How can I be on the right wavelength?

I am opento seeing him, I'm open to anything that's why it doesn't make sense I didn't see him...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

One of the reans its hard for me to believe that she actually saw him is that why in the world would he appear to her and not to me!? We were/are brothers I mean its like wtf. I think I was closer to him than my aunt. I'm also kind of on the "dark" side in life and a big skeptic of anything paranormal/metaphysical including that we survive after death. You'd think he would appear to me and clear my doubts. The effects would be that now I would know that an afterlife does exist...

What are your thoughts on everything said here?

Well let me tell you a strange story: My older brother died of cancer over 6 years ago now, it was a terrible experience for all the family and my mother was really distraught (as expected) because they were so close, working together on a daily basis.

Anyway, about 6 months after he died I had this dream that I was at this party and when I went into another room, there was my brother holding court, laughing and joking with a crowd around him, I rushed up to him and threw my arms around him, the feeling was a real hug as if I was hugging him tightly in this world (this is bringing tears to my eyes as I write this, sorry) and I say how are you and how is life on the other side (or something to that effect) and he replies 'it's Phenominal'! With that I cannot remember much after this, except that I was looking everywhere for him and he was gone! It was like he had come into my dream to let me know he was still alive (albeit on a different plane of existance) and ok!

I do not remember many dreams, but the next day I got on the phone to my mum (I live in Thailand and my Mum had retired to Spain) and I told her I had something to tell her, before I could she interuppted and said 'you'll never believe this but I just got a call from Michelle (my 1st cousin who was close to my brother and now lives in Vancouver) and she had a dream about Morris (my brother) and then went on to relate the exact same details of dream I had the night before. she was at the party, saw him she hugged him, it felt real and she asked him how were things and he just replied 'phenominal' Michelle then asked my Mum what does phenominal mean? (she did not know and it wasn't in her vocabulary) my mum explained and said that it was a word Morris used often in the last years of his life!

Obviously, I was really stunned (apparently Michelle also saw me at the party) and then told my mum that i had just had the exact same dream, which upset my mum because she did not have it and then asked why didn't he visit her and I just answered that perhaps she was not ready yet!

Fast forward another few months and my mum finally had her visit, only in her dream she saw a pile of clother on the floor and then they started to move and my brother filled in the form on the clothes, he came towards my mum with his big cheeky grin and gave her the same 'real' hug that Michelle and myself experienced. She asked how he was and he replie 'phenominal' my mum laughed and then his head rolled back and she could see the whites of his eyes rolling back, she held onto him tightly as he just faded away and she was left holding a pile of clothes! She asked me what I thought this meant and I told her that I believe the body is just a container (like clothes) and the soul/spirit is the real lifeforce and he was letting her know that we don't need those clothes in the afterlife.

Anyway, I just tell these events to let you know that maybe your just not ready to receive your brother and he may visit you in time, to let you know all is well
Bless you

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

You'd think he would appear to me and clear my doubts.

Just as Brother stated he didn't want to give testimony of his self, but another that came before him gave testimony of him.

Maybe he was trying to get you to believe by proxy. Would seeing him, really clear up your doubts?

Once you are given a little, your measure is grown.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

From my understanding, the best way to affect your reality is by consciously defining your beliefs, wishes, and intentions to yourself and in a state of meditation make those wishes clear to your "higher mind". Then you will see that you will attract those things to you. Meditating upon these questions will help also. What part of you is blocking it? What would you have to believe for that to be true? can you believe that? why not? etc.and changing your core beliefs to support what you want.

By being open to everything you might merely be experiencing the "shared reality" and thus blocking every specific reality that conflict with others only allowing the ones that don't conflict with each other and can coexist in the same reality. The openness to both life-after-death and no-life-after-death might be in conflict because you have not made up your mind, if you choose to believe the previous, and really truly believe it, such possibilities as the on your aunt described might open up. But if you choose the latter those experiences are not at all likely to happen unless someone else happens to lead you along that path .

If you have made clear to yourself what your wishes are, then openness will benefit you if you don't expect your wishes to come true in a specific manner and are open to it manifesting in whatever form it will most easily come to you or will benefit you the most. It might manifest itself in a dream or some other unexpected form.

The most important question you must ask yourself, is being in a reality where you can see spirits truly where YOU want to be? That reality may mean you would get stuck with seeing other spirits as well perhaps even for the rest of your life. One you see something as being real it is hard to unsee it or ignore it, the only route left is after realizing every reality as being equally real, redefine and shift to a more preferable reality. None of which is easy.

To be honest I'm quite new to these beliefs myself, If it resonates with you at all I recommend checking out some Bashar and Abraham Hicks videos on Youtube.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

What do you need to see? Physically HIM? Or would "Beyond a Reasonable Doubt" work? Heck we put people away for life with that one.

Actually, if you are human, you've not had time to check up on everything you've been told all your life, so yes, there are some things you believe right now, that you were told, that you never had seen the data on. If you graduated from high school, this is the case. If you dropped out this is the case.

For example: define the word Faith. Get a dictionary. Then go to etymology.com Not quite the same.

reply to post by autowrench

Again, Samuel appeared to Saul, Moses and Elijah were on the Mount of Transfiguration with Jesus. 3 spirits right there, in the book. What people tend to forget is that some Jewish traditions taught that Demons were merely human spirits gone very wrong.

Originally posted by HongkongphooeyShe asked me what I thought this meant and I told her that I believe the body is just a container (like clothes) and the soul/spirit is the real lifeforce and he was letting her know that we don't need those clothes in the afterlife.
You wouldn't be alone in that thought. That was typical of Christ's era, as far as beliefs go.

for a perishable body weighs down the soul, and this earthy tent burdens the thoughtful mind.

edit on 24-7-2012 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I am indeed seeking the truth.
I am scared of what the truth might be, but I am willing to face/see it no matter what.
By "turn around" I mean start doing good deeds. Give money to the homeless, help my mom out more, etc. I would have to stop being lazy, stop getting angry so much. Be less selfish and have love always. I am willing to do the turn around though!

Then you have chosen your path...now you but need to tread upon it...

It's first and most important step is to hold in highest reverence that unconquerable state of spiritual mind we know as Love...for this is the Heart, Soul and Salvation of everything and everyone you/we know...

Who but those who love you, and are loved by you, shall come to aid you in your final darkest hour..?

Your vigilance is required brother...sacrifice but a moment of your time for this principle in everything you do, no matter your state of mind, or the circumstances...

If something brings you to anger, (a very Human condition), then take a moment to see how best this Human condition can be directed under the spiritual light that only Love can shine...temper the sword of your Humanity within the mental waters of our Human Spirit of Truth, Compassion and Justice...

With Faith in the Fidelity of Eternal Love...in Time...you will find the Truth you seek...

The seeds you plant now... in the name of Love...will grow, and reveal themselves as the fruit of knowledge for which you quest...

Gods speed...and Good Journey to you always, trooth...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join