It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Senate hearing on claims HSBC allowed money laundering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

US Senate hearing on claims HSBC allowed money laundering

www.bbc.co.uk

The US Senate is holding a hearing following its report that HSBC had been used to launder dirty money around the world.

In a statement, Europe's largest bank, said it expected to be held accountable for what went wrong.

On Monday, a Senate report said that suspicious funds from countries including Mexico and Syria had passed through the bank.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
And just exactly how many other banks do NOT do the same?

If it takes a bank to launder money, then surely they must all be involved in some manner.

Anyone and everyone needs a bank account in order to gain a profit (interest) from any monies paid in. Laundering requires a bit more effort yet all the money must end up in an account somewhere.

Surely the authorities knew this in the first place yet have done nothing to work with the banks in order to bring a stop to so called 'criminal activity'..

All as bad as each other..

The bank expects to be held accountable.. too damned right and all... it's about time these people behind such things stood up and became counted.. Take it on the chin..

This bank cannot be the only one... somebody knows what is going on and why..

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

This makes me laugh, purely on the basis that with all the evidence pointing to US involvement (DEA, CIA) in the international drugs trade, what basis do they have to prosecute HSBC?

Have HSBC upped the charges for laundering money from the CIA drug runs? It just seems to smack of a fall out between the those at the "legal" end of the drugs trade!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Already being discussed in this thread;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Watchovia (Wells Fargo) and Bank of America have been implicated in illegal money laundering as well.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
whatever Happened to Lord Blakenheath, and the 25 trillion that Bernake scammed through this bank with an "imaginary" 15 TRILLION dollar deposit which HSBC lent out and made 10 TRILLION in profits from???????
What does the goverment have to say about that?
AND WHERES THE MONEY NOW???!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

My point and thoughts exactly..

someone knew what was happening and how..
I reckon so much muck is going to be kicked up from the LIBOR thing that they have to dredge up the dirt before it all gets discovered so they can limit the height of the fall, or at least, save some of those in the know.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ericthenewbie
Already being discussed in this thread;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Watchovia (Wells Fargo) and Bank of America have been implicated in illegal money laundering as well.

Thanks for bringing the other thread to our attention, but I think this one is doing just fine here as much as the other one seems to be doing

Nice to know that other banks are involved.. which I suspected as much.. funny how the markets are still keeping their heads above water.

All it's gonna take now is for some snoopy do-gooder to show his face to the wrong bank/market employee who'll drop a clanger in the works and who'll sit back and watch the markets fall.. At least that way it will not only wipe out the elites wealth, but the criminals wealth too.. all is fair in love and war

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

at last woke up?
And Britain has long been turned into a laundry for laundering Russian criminal money

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

I can even add to what has been said above
political asylum mafia godfathers and terrorists
(not free of course)
and the world-famous HYPOCRISY

top topics

join