It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Is this a UFO over Mars?

page: 2
21
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Elq10000
 


The human mind... tricky thing mate. helps us see what we want it to see...

the image is very poor... and after a bit of glare removal and my fav gradient added the trail and the object do pop out a little bit more but still... I'm personally going to agree that this is some sort of defect.





posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
There are tons of anomalies in the image archives, some of them are definately unexplainable.
A few that I found:


(In the back right of the image something quite large in a crater) Location: Moon


(weird rock that looks like a sculpture of a man/thing sat in a throne (speculative!)) Location: Moon


(UFO) Location: Earth


(several craft/ufos at bottom left on rim of the moon, more at the rim on the top right) Location: Moon



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone caught this as I did or whether it's of any importance but I caught a dot right below this anomaly, and it appears to be in a perfect straight parallel line below it.

Now, this could just be consistent with a glitch in the photo or..............perhaps, just maybe, it's some sort of beam that was discharged from this craft.

S&F for an interesting find






posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Nice find.


The image has some bad pixels (all black), but that line at the top looks different.

It may be a camera glitch, but I don't find that very likely.



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by Elq10000
 


If you are referring to the black scratch looking thing in the sky, I'm pretty certain it's just an image processing error.

We see these all the time on the SOHO cameras, and for whatever reason regardless how well documented there errors are, they always seem to find their way to a post here with claims of aliens, space ships, killer mystery planets or something else.

This, of course, isn't SOHO, but, due the extremely weak nature of Mars's magnetic field, the bombardment of solar radiation on the surface is bound to glitch some photos every now and again.

This isn't to say that if someone really wants to believe the black mark is an alien spacecraft that they can't go on continuing with that belief.

Probability, however, is with the black mark attribution going to image processing error, or a few pixels corrupted during transmission back to Earth over the hundreds of millions of miles the data needs to be sent.


edit on 17-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)


You mean they can't error check the data?



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Not sure if anyone caught this as I did or whether it's of any importance but I caught a dot right below this anomaly, and it appears to be in a perfect straight parallel line below it.

Now, this could just be consistent with a glitch in the photo or..............perhaps, just maybe, it's some sort of beam that was discharged from this craft.

S&F for an interesting find





Did you miss the rest of the dots that proceed from the one you pointed out that head directly back to land?



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
its part of the set in the studio



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
its part of the set in the studio


Ooooops, my bad. I thought the OP was claiming that these were real.

How st0opiD of me.



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It doesn't look that odd to me, it has a tail like you would see on a jet. Not really sure what it is though.

The Rod UFO's look very similar to the rockets used to propel Scram Jets. Just look up the rockets used for that, they basically look like a rocket with wings. it may be a photo of one that has burned all it's fuel, hence no flames, and is actually in the beginning stages of falling. Not saying that's what it is, but it could be.



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Elq10000
 


It is a Northrop F5.



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Would that pic possibly be part of a series of photos ? The rest of the series could be checked for the same anomaly or if it was missed from being cropped ?



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Cool find! I don't know what it is. Interesting!



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aarcadius
reply to post by Elq10000
 


The human mind... tricky thing mate. helps us see what we want it to see...

the image is very poor... and after a bit of glare removal and my fav gradient added the trail and the object do pop out a little bit more but still... I'm personally going to agree that this is some sort of defect.




Interesting shape the "defect" has!



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CalebRight14
It doesn't look that odd to me, it has a tail like you would see on a jet. Not really sure what it is though.

The Rod UFO's look very similar to the rockets used to propel Scram Jets. Just look up the rockets used for that, they basically look like a rocket with wings. it may be a photo of one that has burned all it's fuel, hence no flames, and is actually in the beginning stages of falling. Not saying that's what it is, but it could be.


Ah this is on Mars.



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
never mind
edit on 17-7-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It's obvious what it is.

It's a martian Chinese lantern fueled by martian swamp gas.

The Russians also picked up strange shadows that moved across the landscape.



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee
 


On another forum someone came up with this fotoforensics.com... and stated that there is very little noise ..

Someone else inverted the colours and zoomed in on the object/ glitch i.imgur.com...

Not sure still what to think of this though

Happy to see anyway it gave some people something to wonder about



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Elq10000
 

Do you have the link to the information page for the photo? Or the gallery it's from?



reply to post by gortex
 


The prophecy is fulfilled!






edit on 17-7-2012 by freelance_zenarchist because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
It kind of looks like a missile taking off with a smoke trail. I am not a good judge though because I rarely look at this type of stuff.


I kinda thought that too. By the way, didn't anyone notice the triangular "rocks" on the surface?



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Elq10000
 



Martian snow on the ground cool
edit on 17-7-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
21
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join