It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry's Jewish Grandfather (Fritz Kohn) Committed Suicide in 1921: Will this HURT Kerry's Cha

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This is a new, all-time low.
We can argue about candidates' political positions, their beliefs, etc. etc. etc. but, to interject, some supposed deep conspiracy due to Kerry's Jewish background is nothing but bigotry of the worst sort. Disgusting!
joey

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

The Question I asked originally had to do with whether or not Kerry's "Jewish roots" will have any effect at all in the 2004 Presidential Election, or whether the US press is alerting the public at all about the fact of his "Jewish roots" and if not, why not

Why are you interested in determining the answer to this question? What does it mean to you that Kerry has "Jewish roots"? What difference does it make to you?

Incidentally the title of this thread (which you typed) is: "John Kerry's Jewish Grandfather (Fritz Kohn) Committed Suicide in 1921: Will this HURT Kerry's Cha..". Looking at your "question asked originally" (quoted above), you mention nothing about the suicide. It seems that the real issue, for you, has been changed to Kerry's heritage, and not the suicide.

My opinion is that having a family history of suicide may help boost Kerry's funding of mental health research.

MK

[edit on 8-10-2004 by MKULTRA]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hi Joey and all the others concerned about the question on this thread:

The whole thing started the other day when I heard a watress at my local deli tell another waitress (in a whisper, like it was some kind of state secret or something) to "vote for Kerry, because I hear he's Jewish..."

The other waitress said, "are you sure? I've never heard that...!" so I interrupted them and told them that Kerry's grandparents were Czechoslovakian Jews who changed their religion to Catholicism and also changed their name from Kohn to Kerry...

And both of them said they had never heard that, and then another customer (drinking in every word) interrupted them by saying, "Yes, he's right...but I don't know how many people know that...!"

So that was ther reason for this thread topic: in other words, would Kerry win more votes (or lose more votes) if the average "dumbed down American voter" on the street knew his history---

Or wouldn't it matter at all?

Personally, I don't care if "Kerry's" grandfather felt the need to change religions to save himself and his family from the threat of a Pogrom (fairly common throughout the past several centuries in Europe anyway)--I just wondered a. how well known are these facts by the general public in the US and b. does it matter or not.

I suspect that there might be some groups who would NOT vote for Kerry because he "has [Ashkenazi] Jewish roots" and others just as vocal who WOULD vote for Kerry simply BECAUSE he has "Jewish roots..."

But to me, I don't think a person's ancestry should be the deciding factor....but the voters in the US tend to vote with their hearts not their heads, as most of the rest of the world will tell you !!!

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Am I reading the title of this thread correctly? Am I missing something? I am confused as what any of that has to do with anything.
My biological father was a boxer and had mafia ties...doesn't have squat to do with me!

Hey you've got mafia lineage too? I don't suppose your name is Connors? (probably not- my great grandfather wasn't a boxer- just a simple union man who knew there were some people it's best to be friends with.)
All the same, since we're both genetically inclined to be gangsters (the same way Kerry is supposed to be genetically inclined to suicide) let's start a syndicate!

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I know this since half a year ago. Fritz Kohn was from Silesia. John Kerry was shocked when he found out about that; he thought his grandfathers were from Ireland

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I dont think that John Kerry having jewish ancestry will affect his bid.......... anymore than the ancestry of Mussolini's granddaughter affected her run for government in Italy on a pro-fascist ticket. Oh wait........ she was elected.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The quality of being Jewish is matrilineal. This fact is probably lost on Neo-Nazis and the like. If Kerry hadn't brought it up for the sole purpose of extending his Everyman image, which is ever so cleverly superimposed over his patrician personna, it wouldn't be an issue at all.

It will not matter to Kerry's base.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Hi Atheix:

Is there a link for this curiosity about John "Kerry" claiming absolutely no knowledge of his grandfather's conversion to Catholicism from Rabinnic Judaeism around the turn of the last century---?

Did this man REALLY think he was....Irish?

What did his grandparents do, create fake pictures and documents, as well as a fake last name?

Or is Kerry "faking it..." for the USA voters a.k.a. "the masses?"

It does seem strange to me that he could be so oblivious to his fairly recent past (I mean, 2 generations is ancient history by any stretch---in other words, it is hardly like going back to the Ukrainian Khazarian politically motivated "forced mass conversion" of 500,000 solar-pagans to Ahkenazi Jews between the years 800 AD to 950 AD --an event which 90% of present day Ashkenazi Jews are even unaware of, for the most part !)

Interestingly, perhaps, Madeleine "Albright" was also apparently "shocked" (!!) to find out that she too had Jewish Ashkenazi "roots"--- or so she claimed (i.e. to be unaware of it) until it was brought to the public eye in the mid 1990s (fairly late in life for her anyway) ....

Madeleine of course was raised "Episcopalian" (the USA branch of the State "Church of England") and one wonders if she too is "feigning ignorance" for "political reasons".... or whether she really didn't care to know-----

It is beginning to seem that many of the so-called "leaders" in the US really don't have a clue (or perhaps simply do not wish to know) about their family histories...or maybe they just don't want to broadcast their family's "religious" histories...

Either way, if there is any fear in the minds of the voters about his "Jewish Roots" it might be in his perceived inability to be a "fair and honest broker" in the middle east----which fear I believe is unfounded...

Interesting wording by "Kerry" in the 2nd so-called "Debate" the other day...on the topic of Abortion (with whom he differs with his Roman Catholic cohorts):

"Whether you're Catholic or Protestant or Jew or Muslim.."--Kerry used the raw term "Jew" ( not the "more modern" and "politically correct" form of expression e.g. "Jewish" or "Jewish person" )...

It gets "curioser and curioser" -- to quote Alice in Wonderland !!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join