It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: 3-year-old accidentally shoots, kills father

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted before. I did search.
(mods please remove if it has)

Well isnt this funny?
3yr old shots father with fathers loaded gun.

When i heard the news report today, well, all i could do was laugh and then thought to myself that this news story has come from the good ole gun carrying US of A.
And guess what???. I was right.

Here's a quote from and link to article.

Indiana State Police Sergeant Jerry Goodin said, "There's a lot of things we're still asking questions about and we've still go to get some answers. But, right now, really the only thing that we know is the child was able to gain access to gain access to the handgun. The handgun did discharge. It did strike Michael Bayless causing a fatal wound to him."

Link www.wlbt.com...

So all i have to say is," Well this is what happens when your dumb enough to leave a loaded gun around children."

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WozaMeathed

Well isnt this funny?
3yr old shots father with fathers loaded gun.

Funny isn't quite the word I'd use. This kid will grow up without a father, because of a silly mistake. That's rather tragic. yes, a 3 year old shouldn't be playing with a loaded gun, obviously, but that doesn't mean it's less tragic.

eta- I know you were probably laughing at the irony of gun ownership, but properly looked after guns can be quite safe. (did I just type that??)
edit on 17/7/2012 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Not saying that's what's happening, but that would be a perfect false flag if US Govt plans to revise constitution and remove the right for everyone to own a gun.

Btw, I see nothing funny here... that's something terrible, even if the father shouldn't have put his gun somewhere a 3yo kid could reach...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
# happens.

Ontario Provincial Police said a nine-year-old boy was playing behind the wheel of a GMC Savana van and accidentally put it in reverse, striking his sister with the back wheel of the van, around 8 a.m. on Wednesday.

The girl was taken from Big Creek Road in Lakeshore to Chatham General Hospital with life threatening injuries, and was being transferred to London Health Sciences University Campus Hospital for further treatment.

Moral of the story. Dont have kids. They're liabilities.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Terribly sad for the kids sake. It's something that will be with them forever, a sickly dread.

But what kind of parent could be so stupid! This idiot parent made his child his killer with a device in the home used for death. Darwinian justice is a harsh lesson here. So sad.

(edit, flagged for importance, not starred because I can't see how this is remotely amusing...)
edit on 17-7-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
But what kind of parent could be so stupid! This idiot parent made his child his killer with a device in the home used for death. Darwinian justice is a harsh lesson here. So sad.

I know, right?

Like knives in the kitchen:

5 year old stabs entire family

10 year old stabs 12 year old friend to death

The common thread is kids. Ban them before its too late!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm not a gun owner but I grew up with a load of them because of family. However, every gun had a key lock on the trigger and was stored in a vaulted cabinet. They weren't toys or treated like such, and they certainly weren't left around the house like legos.

In Canada they have licensing courses for gun owners. Safety courses and the like shouldn't be frowned upon. While most pass this knowledge from generation to generation, some haven't learned the lesson and should take gun safety training before ever owning or operating a firearm. Simple as that.

Don't make it bureaucratic, don't make it a useless tax, just create programs or training sessions that lay it out simple for gun owners to bring about a safe culture.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Not ban them, just keep them away from danger! It's kinda what parenting is about...
Teach them that knives are dangerous when they are old enough to start using them, until then safety catches on drawers should be used.
If you have to have a gun (which I think is a silly risk), keep it locked away in a proper safe, with ammo separate from it.

edit on 17-7-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I have small children in my household.

As much as I would have wanted to, I don't have handguns due to things like these happening.

It is just not worth the risk.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Don't make it bureaucratic, don't make it a useless tax, just create programs or training sessions that lay it out simple for gun owners to bring about a safe culture.

You mean like back when firearm safety was taught in schools all over the country? Back when rifle teams were common?

See, we tried that and it was working. So we had to stop doing that to get the "guns are power" ignorance to spread.

If responsibility was what people wanted we would have kept with what was working.

So, obviously, what society wants is ignorance and recklessness.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Honestly, so irresponsible. So sad. I'm just glad it wasn't the 3 year old or one of his other children who was killed.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Not disagreeing with you. The way most kids look at guns confuses the crap out of me. When I see it, I remember 5 to 10 hours at the range, taking deep breaths and being bored out of my mind. While being anxious because if I ejected a shell in the wrong place I'd probably get yelled at. Bruises on my shoulders and hands worn down from setting clay traps. Or sitting in the woods in sub zero temperature for hours on end, going home cold and hungry.

The new generation has a whole other mythic view on them though.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by WozaMeathed

funny?

what the f... is wrong with you, people?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This will just be another nail in the coffin to ban gun ownership in the US.

Like the news report:

www.infowars.com...

Comforting to know they are out there trying to protect you from guns..............

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

My guess is the father thought the child would be strong enough to shoot the gun.

new topics

top topics

join