It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the apocalypse was just a short time away, would you be ready for it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
If the apocalypse was just a short time away, would you be ready for it or would you just die out and be forgotten? What would it take to prepare for apocalyptic events? Would you need your trusty shotgun, pistol and other guns and an entire underground of supplies or would you put your trust in homemade bows and arrows and salvage what is left in the world after the apocalypse has taken place and just ride it out indian style and beat on your tom toms? Everyone knows something is happenig in this world these days and the things are not like any other that has happened. The summers are getting hotter, the winters are getting hotter, natural diasters are getting worse. Of course there is scientific data to prove this,however, who cares to truly believe scientists when people can see these things happening with their own eyes and yet some still choose not to believe. I want to know your whole take on this idea. Could religion and science both be correct about the apocalypse? How would you be ready for an apocalypse or has the apocalypse already started?

2012apocalypse.net...

www.lawrenceejoseph.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.endtime.com...
edit on 17-7-2012 by demonologist842012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Nobody is truly prepared, yes some more than most but it will be no picnic. But I plan to live and be free

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by demonologist842012

Always ready. And no, don´t need a gun.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I am not sure i understand your question? The apocalypse is the end of the world so how could you be prepared to survive it? Surely you would be dead along with everything else?

However, in an attempt to answer, i myself would not want to survive if everything else was wasteland with death everywhere. After all, why prolong the inevitable and subject yourself to totally unnecessary punishment and suffering?

No, for me at least, i would be joining Tea Leoni on the beach waiting for the waves to come rolling in (ala Deep Impact).

edit on 17-7-2012 by Flavian because: nonsensical sentence

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

There is no preparation that will do. Anything you have planned will only last for short while. That is assuming that all goes as planned. Really it is for your temporal comfort now. In the end unless you have a large boat that is self sufficient you will eventually need to come onto the grid for supplies. Then you are back to square one. If you think mountains are a good bet think again. You will be one of the first caught.

We have to realize that the only saving grace we have is going into the fire and getting burned. If it don't burn then you are doing well.

What do I mean?well if your spirit is true then you must face the enemy. He will find you and you must hold true beyond the horrors of pain and death. Loved ones, friends, children will all be used against you. Know that this world can only do so much. After that we are all free. True freedom is within as well as true war and true God.

Hold it down

edit on 17-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
2X post dumb little key board
edit on 17-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
How could you be ready for the apocalypse? Under what scenario?

An extinction level event could come from any range of scenarios; volcanic eruptions, flooding, disease, war, meteor strikes, something we're not aware of etc etc etc

Pray tell, what could possibly be the one method that covers all scenarios and ensures survival? None.

Am I ready for it? No. Nor am I too worried about it happening..

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
About the only thing we are prepared for in life is dying. So I guess the answer is "yes" for everyone.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Nope... Too darn skinny. Not enough fat build up. Would have to grab a crate of ensure first!
Good thread OP. S&F.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
As ready as I'll ever be for not knowing when or how.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I'm as ready as I will ever get for mentally rolling with the developments as they come and adapting as needed. I think that's the best anyone can do. If something happens in the true calamity range and we're inside the effect area, I don't think there is such a thing as being 100% 'prepared.'. It's simply degrees of shock and fear and how long it takes each person to clear their heads, IMO. Let's hope for the best though. Hope is free....even if we do normally get what we pay for.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I'm ready. I'll hang tough at home for as long as possible then head to the secret man cave deep in the wilderness.
Bring it on!
edit on 7/17/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Apocalypse means "unveiling". Not end of the world. That's distortion meant to get people afraid.

Now when everything that has been hidden becomes unveiled, it will FEEL like the end of the world for some, but it will simply be the removal of the veil that has been put in front of us for so long.

Many people will find it easier to prepare for the "doomsday" version of an Apocalypse than a "everything I've kept hidden is in the open for all to see" version of the Apocalypse.

Namaste.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

If the apocalypse was just a short time away, would you be ready for it?

The EA*RTH Apocalypse
or the UNIVERSAL Armaggadon between LIGHT* and DARK energies

Either way If 1 is ment to be present to assist in STO then shall 1 be present under the guidance of the LIGHT* of the LORD.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
we could die at any moment, car wreck, crime, bizarre accident or apocalypse. I just live my life to the fullest and have fun. I accepted a long time ago that i will die eventually. of course unless its an ELE there will be a few survivors. The human race is tough and adaptive, some will survive. Maybe i'm just being optimistic.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
If it were zombies, I'm more than ready. I have a proper plan and everything. Anything else I wouldn't have a chance, as I have no supplies, no weapons worse than a longbow and limited knowledge of anything related to survival. I can vaguely find edible plants I suppose, but I'm terrible at lighting fires and I can't cook to save my life with all of the kitchen supplies modern-living has to give me. I can make good tea though. With a kettle. Once, our power went out, and I went to my grans because I couldn't be bothered to boil water in a pan. Plus, I don't think I have the effort in me to actually be bothered to try too hard.

But at the end of the day I'm a type 1 diabetic and will more than likely die early even without an apocalypse, so really, I'm not scared in the slightest. It'd be quite funny, really, to be like 'haaaah, screw you diabetic heart attack; I'm getting wiped out by a meteorite!'

So yeah, no, I'm in the people not ready for apocalyptic events. Sitting here, waiting to die (and for Batman). I'm quite proud of that though. On ATS it's like being part of a minority group. I'm sure one of my friends would look after me though. It'd be fine. Someone else can deal with it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I am always ready......Bring on the pain!!!

And unlike most people who want to make bunkers and hide, my camp is open to all who want to help with survival. If you can make it to the camp then your welcome.
edit on 19-7-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'd just send my youngest daughter out to deal with it.....mood she's in tonight, i'd feel sorry for anyone who came within ten yards of this place.

I think we'd be as ready as you can be. A lot of people will be in for shock, including those who think they've prepped.

CX.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You would have to be ready for it whether you are or not.

Adapt.

CX

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
You would have to be ready for it whether you are or not.

Adapt.

Agreed, and i think we'd see a different side to a lot of people. I've been in a few crappy situations in the past and when it's time to step up to the plate it's amazing how the most unlikely people can surprise you.

Many think it will be like Mad Max, running round shooting people and looking for petrol....bit more too it than that methinks.

CX.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join