It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Top Achievement Was Stabilizing the Economy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
from NationalJournal
July 16, 2012

Obama: Top Achievement Was Stabilizing the Economy

It gets better by the day !!

It seems Obama is now saying he has somehow stabilized the economy

I thought I heard him say ObamaCare was his top "achievement" ??

That must have been some other time.

He's had better days I'm sure

During an interview with CBS's Charlie Rose that aired on Monday morning, President Obama said his proudest achievement over the past three and a half years is stabilizing the economy, not his signature health care reform law.

“My proudest achievement is actually stabilizing the economy to avert a great depression, because if I don’t do that nothing else matters,” Obama said. “And the central question becomes building on what we've done. Where do we go from here?”

The president added that the biggest mistake of his first term was thinking the job was just about getting the policy right. In his second term, he said, he needs to do a better job of explaining his policies and inspiring the American people.

“That’s important,” Obama said about enacting good policy. “But the nature of this office is also to tell a story to the American people that gives them a sense of unity and purpose and optimism, especially during tough times.” ......[continued]

Well let's see here.

If Obama had a full Democrat Congress his first two years, that must have been when "He" stabilized the economy.

Unless of course the bad Republicans in the House began to stop the "progress" in 2011. Maybe that helped?

Perhaps it was due to the millions of people who saw the madness and have fought the Obama policies tooth and nail.

Or maybe it was due to the fact that the U.S. government credit was maxed out and they simply had to stop the looting and wild spending when revenues were practically at all time lows.

Here is a Breitbart take on this latest talking point

During an interview with Charlie Rose the President backed away from claiming his own health care law as his signature achievement. Instead, he claims that the non-existent stability of the American economy is his real achievement.

President Obama said his proudest achievement over the past three and a half years is stabilizing the economy, not his signature health care reform law.

The President roared only recently "The law I passed is here to stay!" and the campaign distributed "Because of Obamacare" literature at an event earlier this month. However, after witnessing the sheer unpopularity of the law the President and his surrogates are now working feverishly to distance him from it, going so far as to brand the term "Obamacare" as Racist™.

The crown jewel of the Obama administration, the very law for which so many campaigned, the basis for which so many claimed "progress," is now an eyesore and they're desperate to push it off into the distance. The campaign has finally stopped pretending that the public will ever consider Obamatax a fait accompli and have moved to disown it....
[continues]

from Breitbart - by Dana Loesch

and here he is with perhaps some excellent wisdom:
YouTube:

Pres. Obama tells a campaign rally in Ohio that he makes mistakes and does bonheaded things (July 16, 2012).

"Obama: Sometimes I Do Boneheaded Things"

Time is just about up

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Oh thank baby jebus that Obama was here to stabilize the economy!! Now maybe he can tell me why I still work 6 days a week and I am still broke in this stable economy

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Wow...people have very very short memories.

Do people not remember the economy of the last quarter of 2008 and all of 2009???

It's about time Obama started to tout this acheivement of his...it is by far his greatest. All the Obama haters can say what they will...but the fact is that the economy was in a nose dive when he took office and he has leveled it off. We are not fully "recovered" yet, but we are better off than we were when he took office.

This is why Republicans have had to change their attack to "Obama killed the economy" to "Obama hasn't recovered the economy fast enough".

All facts agree that Obama pulled us out of the recession and we are continuing on the path to full recovery.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Say what you want (and you probably will because you make 4+ of these threads daily) but we were in a pretty scary place in 2008. We still are in a scary place; things haven't gotten much better, but they also haven't gotten much worse. In that sense, Obama is pretty much telling the truth.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

And maybe when he's finished leaping tall buildings in a single bound he can explain to me why NO financial criminals (including the ones in his own administration) have been prosecuted, the gap between the rich and poor has gotten worse, more jobs have been shipped overseas, more money spent on imperialistic wars, and our Constitutional rights have been shredded.

I gotta get back to work now- I've got some bankers and Washington uselesscrats to support....

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

You know what's a hoot...the interest rate on mortgages...they are steadily dropping...after the bailout from all the toxic mortgages that banks dumped on the federal government...in the very begning I was telling friends that if they just dropped the interest rate to 2% a fair amount of folks that could not have afforded their houses then would have been in great shape but noooooooo...the banks had to close on them, cry to the government and get their own bailout....I swear no matter what anybody says in office there will always be a group of folks that hang on their every word...the reality is places like MSNBC will cherry pick figures to support this and leave out the all important stuff....good post

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
And we see and learn more and more each day.

we stabilize by over spending and over borrowing !

Now Watson, What's Next ??

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Did you notice how the graphs you posted show a downward trend in annual deficit and unemployment rates? As opposed to the upward trends during Bush's final years...

You're sort of proving Obama's point for him.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Well, my real estate tax assessment has stabilized in the past 4 years, too bad my property value is down 30 percent. Will my taxes be reassessed to reflect the decrease in my property value, NOT A CHANCE! I am one of the lucky ones to still have a home.

Funny how the cost of living goes up while people are taking pay cuts so the businesses they work for can stay afloat.

My thoughts are with the hungry, the homeless, underemployed and jobless and those in despair because in all my years things are going downhill faster than ever before. I think more than a few now know how it feels to be trapped like a rat.

Mooch is taking half-million dollar vacays and the first dog gets his own jet for travel arrangements.

I'd say the White House is out of touch with reality. What do I know? If he gets re-elected America will get what she deserves.
edit on 7/16/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Did you notice how the graphs you posted show a downward trend in annual deficit and unemployment rates? As opposed to the upward trends during Bush's final years...

Yes of course.

The U.S. Congress became fully controlled by Democrats starting in January 2007.

Bush had a gun to his head.

How else would anybody "justify" the wild spending ??

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Wow...people have very very short memories.

Do people not remember the economy of the last quarter of 2008 and all of 2009???

It's about time Obama started to tout this acheivement of his...it is by far his greatest. All the Obama haters can say what they will...but the fact is that the economy was in a nose dive when he took office and he has leveled it off. We are not fully "recovered" yet, but we are better off than we were when he took office.

This is why Republicans have had to change their attack to "Obama killed the economy" to "Obama hasn't recovered the economy fast enough".

All facts agree that Obama pulled us out of the recession and we are continuing on the path to full recovery.

he may have pulled us out of the "nose dive" in the short run...but we're screwed for the long haul with how much he's spent...i don't see that as much of an achievement as I think in the next 10 years or probably less we will come to realize just who the worst president in the history of the U.S. was...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Ironic, isn't it.

I see people use these graphs to try to bash Obama...and they are showing that the economy under Obama is IMPROVING.

The facts are right there staring them in the face...and yet they just repeat what Fox News tells them too say.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

And they may just keep right on spending if Obama gets 4 more years.

Right now, he is in "stall mode" because of the maxed out Treasury sales of debt and low tax revenues.

Their "plan" is for the "double-down" economics to take the deficit to a cool $25 trillion in "Obama year 7".

All he needs is a slight interest rate hike to get the debt buyers back. Right now, the Federal Reserve is the largest debt holder (unbelievable !!). They need to attract foreign governments back in the fold.

That will refill the Treasury and ...... BAM !! Sock it to ya (again) !!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Ironic, isn't it.

I see people use these graphs to try to bash Obama...and they are showing that the economy under Obama is IMPROVING.

The facts are right there staring them in the face...and yet they just repeat what Fox News tells them too say.

The economy is improving?

You should go to bed right now and get a good rest. Wake up tomorrow and have a good breakfast, then book an appointment for an optometrist. You must have some troubles with your vision.

Here are a few graphs for people to look at:

Obama must have a hot tub time machine, because at best we are back in the 80s in relation to the economy.
edit on 16-7-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

“My proudest achievement is actually stabilizing the economy to avert a great depression, because if I don’t do that nothing else matters,

Where is this economy Mr. Obama? I don't know how you're under the impression you helped do anything but continue the Globalist Scumbag Plan that was developed by Globalist Scum Bags for their Globalist Scum Bag Friends.

Oh, right it helped stabilize the economy for Globalist Scumbags and their Globalist Scum Bag Friends.

I knew I misunderstood that.

Gotcha.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
people hate the slow recovery

it could have been catastrophic.

what baffles me is how john boehner stalling the recovery has no traction

yay two party system

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
people hate the slow recovery

it could have been catastrophic.

what baffles me is how john boehner stalling the recovery has no traction

yay two party system

How is john boehner "stalling the recovery" ?

You realize he has Democrats holding things up because they fear the reprisals.

All the Dems have to do is wake up and smell the coffee.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
A round stone when crushed into a pile of powder will be more stable on a scale than when it was in the secure shape of a sphere.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Slow recovery, stalled?

I don't think there has been any recover at all, just papering it over with billions of dollars.

But, as China is finding out, the more you spend money to hide the phony economy, the less it is effective.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This is utterly stupid.

Obama is proud he has managed to make our debt, and the eventual collapse at least 50% larger than it would have been if he would have told the truth to the public when he took office.

Only an ignorant fool could possibly vote for this idiot if you take him at his word. His economic policies are literally going to kill thousands, all because he is more concerned about getting reelected than actually dealing with our economic reality. I know it wouldn't have mattered if McCain had been elected, he would have done the same thing - but to actually state he is proud of what he has done is inexcusable.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join