It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does the human "soul" come from?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by MamaJ

I like that idea. But even if it happens, you won't be a star forever...even stars die eventually. But then you can go on to be another one, maybe!

Nope I wont be a star forever but I really hope the next Planet I go to is nicer in every way. Lol

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
reply to post by AfterInfinity

If i were to cut you open,would i find any proof of a soul? No.

We know what happens to us when we die and that is nothing more then us returning to the ground and rotting.Our energy is released and other beings feed off of it and THAT is eternal life.Eternal life isn't some selfish want or need to be the same after death and for you to go and meet your faimily or god.
edit on 16/7/12 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)
So , you believe that when you die there is nothing , but nothing is still something ? And this energy you speak of, being released when you die , I think mankind has termed this energy the soul, for thousands of years.
edit on 16-7-2012 by bdb818888 because: no reason

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by annunaki3

Your limited understanding of Christianity is understandable . But you have not read about the doctors who say there is a soul and death has nothing to do with it . But you know it all !

Actually the two of you represent the two extremes in the debate. On the one hand we have Annunaki, the Scientific Rationalist, who believes everything, including consciousness, can be explained in physical terms without reference to any other realms. Then we have SimonPeter, an adherent of (probably) Christian beliefs that include, heaven, hell, salvation, and everlasting life only through jesus Christ.

Both of you have a belief structure, a method of explaining reality, that you are completely sure is the correct interpretation at the exclusion of all others. Your both going to have a problem in a few years.

On the one hand, Annanuki is going to wake up dead, figure out he is actually somewhere else, and have some 'splainin' to do. SimonPeter is going to do the same thing, figure he is completely vindicated, and not realize he's completely delusional.

Meanwhile, there is a middle road. There's a lot of evidence, much of it personal and anecdotal, that there is an afterlife and that, for lack of a better definition, we do have souls that live on, perhaps reincarnate, and live a far different life than one restricted on earth. This does not include adherence to a set of earthly religious beliefs, particularly not Judaeo-Christian or Islamic beliefs, but the power of thought may make those who believe such think they are correct.

OP has a good question. There is plenty of information out there to study. I think one of the keys to the whole thing is to not believe wholeheartedly in any of the answers. Reserve the truth for yourself rather than take it from others. Meanwhile, you don't really have to have the answer. Enjoy your studes instead.

Annanuki, let's make a pact. When we both wake up dead we seek each other out and you explain to me how we're nothing but molecules and the soul doesn't exist. As for SimonPeter, I don;t care much what he does. I;d just as soon avoid him.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Thats alright I don't want to talk to you now .!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lives

There are many souls stamped "Made in China" now adays

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Very well said and I totally agree.

There are always two sides to a story....two sides to a coin and of course the yin... Or the yang.

Good and bad.

There in my opinion lies the balance.

Energy lives on.... It never dies.

The proof is in our existence..... Everywhere. Its absolutely beautiful to dissect everything you read and feel. This is where a person finds their own truth.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

reply to post by annunaki3

I can't agree with that. How is it that two people can go through the exact same thing, and yet turn out differently? There is more involved than simple external stimuli...

And why is some people very limited in their behaviour by a very high empathy level/sense of moral that is not conditioned to that degree by the parents? Some people might never had heard their soul/spirit speak from their unconcious. It is funny when you mouth speaks thruth that your mind does not know yeet, but is spot on to an extreme degree even if your mind have a trouble accepting it.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

edit on 16-7-2012 by apushforenlightment because: Bah.Who cares. Let the dreamers dream, Seekers seek, and the Children play with their hidden friends.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
We exist in infinity, infinite consciousness, and we upgrade, infinitely. We were created to our current state by Family, Father/Mother, Prime Creator, from a previous state. We have existed in one state or another, light can be halfed to infinity, or doubled to infinity. Also, soul is like a film recording everything. The mind is but a projector for the film, not where thought comes from, it facilitates the thought/consciousness.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by lives
It's really a simple question.

We, humans, are the product of a sperm and egg with added nutrients from our mother.

We can isolate conception in a petri dish, so this is what we are.

I want to know after we die, if our "soul" moves on, where does our "soul" come from?

It comes from a premortal existence.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by lives

Yea, what will people think about life and souls if they see a cloned living human? Maybe most of us descend from clones, which might explain some things. (I won't say what.)

But, that is a great point you make there, that we can create human life in a petri dish.

It really doesn't have to be there really though, does it? Petri dish or inside a womb? Does location matter so much?

I think consciousness is just our ability to respond quickly. I think trees are conscious too, but they are lower consciousness maybe sense they move more slowly. (Trees obviously do move their growth to the light.)

I think it was the religious controlling scum who created the idea of a soul so that they could scare you and direct your behavior. It's pretty hard to control people if they think when they die, they just die. If you tell them they will either burn in 'hell' or live with 'golden roads,' then, it becomes easier.

But, ask yourself, can you touch a 'soul'? See a 'soul'? Then how the hell can a 'soul' burn in 'hell'? Stop asking so many questions!!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Newtonian physics. Matter can be neither created nor destroyed. Same with energy. So, everything that dies has to go somewhere, it doesn't just disappear. But where exactly? It's impossible to know.

1. Laws of thermodynamics are not related to Newton.
2. The first law states that energy can't be created nor destroyed. However, it can change forms.
3. The energy dissipates to the surroundings. This is not a mystery.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Nobody here seems to care what the bible says about the soul (even the ones with Christian beliefs apparently, no surprise there) so I'll just go ahead and add the verses that perfectly explain what the soul is and what happens to it.

Genesis 2:7:

And Jehovah God proceeded to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man came to be a living soul.

"came to be a living soul" NOT "received a soul" or something like that. Clearly, a living human body + mind = a soul

It does not CONTAIN a soul (or have).

There's more, Ezekiel 18:4:

Look! All the souls—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so likewise the soul of the son—to me they belong. The soul that is sinning—it itself will die.

notice the "it itself" at the end there, can't get more clear than that can it? Or is there further confusing as to what dying is? Try a dictionary. When you're dead it doesn't exactly mean that you're floating around somewhere or even aware of anything (Eccl. 9:5), dead means dead, even in the bible.
No matter how much you like to believe the delusion that has been fed to our preceding generations by TPTB in the Vatican (someone here got it spot on when he/she said this particular lie is a method of control, what he/she missed to see though was that it's also a method to keep people away from the truth contained in the bible that expose all these religious lies by these people that propagate this view pretending to take these views from the bible, even intentionally mistranslating parts of the bible to support their twisted view of the Pagan concept of Hell, but that's another matter).

So for the atheists, agnosts, etc. out there who are confronted with someone telling them things about a soul SEPERATE from the body, just show whoever says they're believing in the bible those verses and that should be end of discussion, otherwise they're just being hypocrites and intentionally ignore what the bible says about the matter because it doesn't suit with their own HUMAN philosophy (actually, it's a Pagan philosophy if you do your research, Babylonian no doubt, most things trace back to Babylon).

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by lives

Well I can't tell you where the soul comes from , but I can tell you where your soul is going in your present condition . Hell !

Find it hard to contribute to the thread, so just make a judgement call on a member....yeah, sounds like a self righteous Christian. I think you owe an apology.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
There is a Human Soul, make no mistake about it. It is you, after all, that body is simply a receptacle to contain you. Where did it come from originally? From a Vast Intelligent Energy Source that no human can define, or even describe.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by whereislogic

Well said!

All I care to add: you don't "have" a soul, you are a soul.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

There is no such thing as the human soul.The very fact that we exist as we are(fleshly beings)is proof that there is no soul.

LOL....Wow......

That's very scientific.

I guess that settles it then.

Not.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lives

where does our "soul" come from?

When man comes here, he is split down the middle to become two entities. The human controlling side, and the soul.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by whereislogic

Nobody here seems to care what the bible says about the soul

That's because no one cares about the Bible. It doesn't answer anything except give a vague nondescript explanation and immediately launch a tirade against sinners and "Be good, or you will be punished!"

Soapbox sermon in a sentence. When you guys start fighting for our world instead of burying your heads in the sand, you can discuss the importance of a soul. Go away.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

If i were to cut you open,would i find any proof of a soul? No.

Your argument is flawed from the start. You will not find a soul by cutting open a dead body because there is no soul left in that body. It is merely meat.

As for cutting open a living body, what do you expect to see? White light emanating from the wound? Just because you lack the tools to measure or see something does not discount the possibility that it actually exists...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join