It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does the human "soul" come from?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It's really a simple question.

We, humans, are the product of a sperm and egg with added nutrients from our mother.

We can isolate conception in a petri dish, so this is what we are.

I want to know after we die, if our "soul" moves on, where does our "soul" come from?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lives

The ether. An alternate dimensional plane of higher vibration, where matter does not exist in the form we are familiar with.

That's my opinion, just to be clear. The more accurate answer is that no one knows.
edit on 16-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
There is no such thing as the human soul.The very fact that we exist as we are(fleshly beings)is proof that there is no soul.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
In my opinion as well, the aforementioned "soul" is nothing more than an amalgamation of conditioned character indiviadualizations resulting from a certain time, location, and socioeconomic factors combined with unique personal experiences that make up your personality complex. No mystery there as far as I'm concerned:-)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

What do you mean?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by annunaki3

I can't agree with that. How is it that two people can go through the exact same thing, and yet turn out differently? There is more involved than simple external stimuli...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The soul comes from the orignal consciousness (god, the grand architect, Allah), which is where we return when we die.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lives

When I was a little girl my daddy told me while riding in the car late at night that all the stars above me were family that have come and gone. He told me we are from star dust. I laughed and giggled and thought my dad was full of #! Lol

As an adult with children, I tell them the same.

My dad was a Methodist Minister for the longest. He left the church because he hated lying to his congregation. He knew better and so his calling he decided was to be a high school math teacher.

A few years ago I asked him what he thinks.... Who are we and where does our soul go.... He gave me the same ole star dust stuff. Lol

The funny thing is, I believe him.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Newtonian physics. Matter can be neither created nor destroyed. Same with energy. So, everything that dies has to go somewhere, it doesn't just disappear. But where exactly? It's impossible to know.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I respect you comment, but sir or man, it is an impossibilty to go though the same "exact" anything! For example, we may see a car crash at the very same time but from where I am standing versus where you would be could be enough to change the whole scenario. If we were witnesses, for example, and where you were positioned there happened to be the sun shining in you eyes, then you may change the outcome of all parties involved in said accident by a mere nuance of differentaion of the same sensory experience that incident. So please don't tell me that two people experiencing the same things turn out to have souls... nothing is absolute in experience, thus began the THEORY of " souls":-)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lives

Well I can't tell you where the soul comes from , but I can tell you where your soul is going in your present condition . Hell !

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
That is amusing... I especially like what you did there, claiming ignorance then threataning me with the myth of eternal torment from your largely plagairized and misinterpeted Judeo-Christian texts... doesn't that unforgiving attitude and wish for my suffering go exactly against what your core beliefs stand for? Lol

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

If i were to cut you open,would i find any proof of a soul? No.

We know what happens to us when we die and that is nothing more then us returning to the ground and rotting.Our energy is released and other beings feed off of it and THAT is eternal life.Eternal life isn't some selfish want or need to be the same after death and for you to go and meet your faimily or god.
edit on 16/7/12 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by MamaJ

Newtonian physics. Matter can be neither created nor destroyed. Same with energy. So, everything that dies has to go somewhere, it doesn't just disappear. But where exactly? It's impossible to know.

This is true or so I believe it to be true. Its a transfer of energy or as Jesus called it, a transformation.

I believe the body is a vehicle andour soul uses it.... Like a host so to speak.

When we " die " we return to our true nature which in my opinion is energy or light. Maybe.... A star. :-)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

I imagine I will be a piece of topsoil eventually. Put me in a nice garden...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by annunaki3

Your limited understanding of Christianity is understandable . But you have not read about the doctors who say there is a soul and death has nothing to do with it . But you know it all !

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by lives

Well I can't tell you where the soul comes from , but I can tell you where your soul is going in your present condition . Hell !

I was wondering who was appointed God's Viceroy on earth today. You got the job eh? Bet your enjoying it too. Doesn't it feel so good pronouncing the sentence of hellfire on the heathens?

Didn't you forget to add a little something though to your "witness"? Like compassion, mercy, kindness. "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven".

And what good works have you shown us today? Or are you just here to pronounce judgement?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I like that idea. But even if it happens, you won't be a star forever...even stars die eventually. But then you can go on to be another one, maybe!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Is the Atmosphere the Soul of Earth? Do our bodies produce our own Atmosphere or do i our minds?

Were still on the verge of more knowledge. More research, more experiments more fun

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

reply to post by MamaJ

I imagine I will be a piece of topsoil eventually. Put me in a nice garden...

Awe?.. My Grandfather said the same thing before he passed. Avter he passed on he came to me in dreams. He was more than he imagined... And you will be too. :-)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join