It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noam Chomsky: He has changed...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaintdead

I'm undecided, I still think he's probably the top intellectual of our times but he's definitely 'sitting 9/11 out'

'sitting 9/11 out' ???

well, lol. then noam ain't no "intellectual" after all.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade
He plainly thinks that the Truth Movement's ideas are ridiculous and that Truthers in general are avoiding real dissent by indulging in egocentric absurdities.

douchebaggy cop-out, more like it.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ritualmurders911

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade
He plainly thinks that the Truth Movement's ideas are ridiculous and that Truthers in general are avoiding real dissent by indulging in egocentric absurdities.

douchebaggy cop-out, more like it.

Ironoically that's his point. That in fact you're the cop outs, because you've invented a conspiracy to make yourself feel important, countercultural and brave. But in fact you don't have to do anything except sit on your arses feeling clever, because of course there is no conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
zaintdead, first of all, it was not nice of you to post private letters indeed.
Second, I do not agree with you on Noam.
He actually tells you that TM is a controlled opposition and makes no harm to the government. And real 9/11activism is extremely dangerous. I absolutely understand the unwillingness of Noam to join TM. Neither he wants to become another CT liar and entertainer, nor risk his carrier and life without any good outcome. 9/11 is still too hot topic, extremely well protected and everyone famous seriously threatening the OS will be severely punished. And everyone understands that.
He says that one may expose the government crimes being out of TM too. One still should be careful and do not cross the line.
It would be nice of you if you apologize to him for exposing the correspondence and for the false accusations.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
No, Noam Chomsky hasn't changed, he is just selective on what he talks about. He states 9/11 wasn't an inside job and has always stated he believes civilians shouldnt have guns thereby restricting thier god given right to defend themselves. This means Chomksy believes there should be one law for some and another law for others, so much for equality among man.

You certainly dont get to manipulate young minds and get big grants from rich people unless you have a very important role to play.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I should add, to ensure you win you need to play on both sides.

If Noam chomsky is aware of building 7 then there is only three possibilities I can think of.

1. He is in denial (which I seriously doubt)
2. He does the bidding for those who pay his grant.
3. He is a coward who wont speak up.
edit on 23-7-2012 by TheMindWar because: Added thoughts on the matter

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I agree with Noam, after my research I came to the same conclusion - 9/11 is not inside job, but outside job.
The followed cover up, of course, is inside, but it is not the USA who did 9/11, but Israel.
Carefully planed inside job would not leave so many hints. And now there is no countries like it was in the past. Banks and corporations are international, and secret services serve them, not people.
So you have 2 serious hints from Noam: TM is a controlled opposition and 9/11 is not inside job (and is not job of al Qaeda, of course). He just does not want to go further because he does not want problems and does not see possibility to make any difference. He will be attacked not only by officials, but TM too.
It is a nicely designed trap, to put people between 2 lies: "al-Qaeda" or "inside job". Both are false.
This technique, 2 level lies, official and not official, is used a lot by TPTB.
edit on 23-7-2012 by DonJuan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Who knew he was such a scold?

Howard Zinn also sat out 9/11 discussion before he died. Maybe Noam knows he's just too old & tired to take it on. Or he's a gatekeeper. Either way it's a disappointment.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join