It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you care voting ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
There is a simple question in my mind which I can not find answer for.

You know that US presidential candidates should have millions of dollars to win the election

And in return , the next president should satisfy the people who gave him millions of dollars.

So , I think that Us president is helped and elected by elites and should serve them in return.

Is that true ?

What is your idea ?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I don't vote because I don't trust politicians.

None of them are interested in benefiting everyone, just the few corporations who bought their way into office..

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Hayle yes...........A perfect example would be Mitt Romney and the Mitt Romney illusion that he is human and got real votes....Ron Paul getting cheated is another perfect example. Its been like that a long time, from back when people who owned the newspaper would only report on their candidate of choice. Romney is an establishment robot and so is Barama.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
POTUS aren't elected. They're selected.
And I have to believe---- besides the fast-asleep ones who don't realize this, the others just want to get called for jury duty (that's how the court-systems get your names)

Diebold: the machine who works for the minion.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
As Alien said, they aren't elected, they are selected and heck...Thats literally written into the Constitution as it happens. lol.. It's called the Electoral College. Our vote just suggests how the outcome ought to turn out.

I vote because the President isn't the only bird on the menu and the ones roosting MUCH closer to home are the ones that crap on my windshield. Down ticket races from Senate to School Board are progessively LESS likely to be screwed with, let alone rigged entirely. The amount of effort to rig any vote is not small and the level of benefit gained just isn't there, in my opinion, to believe it happens much. At least not in Mid-America and outside the BIG cities, I guess in a place like New York City or Chicago, stakes are so high, everything is touched.

Down ticket makes the effort to vote worth it though. Aside from that, these days and how screwy voter registration seems to be for records, I'd go vote regardless. Just so someone else didn't somehow 'accidentally' make my vote for me!
edit on 15-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Who owns your canidate

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
i did care about voting but now am not going to vote again.. theres to much corruption and lies

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I think our system up in Canada is reasonable. I don't think it's perfect but I think it's actually relatively accurate as we don't use voiting machines. So it's harder to fake the results. But in the US the voting machines I heard are built by the same companies that built the slot machines. Which is owned by the mob. Who better to put the fix in than the mob. So there's only one reason to vote. Not to have any chance of winning but to feel like you did your civic duty. I think voting is such a waste of time though. I think it's mostly all fixed. And i know for a fact that in the US they haven't had a real president since JFK. All the rest have been operatives. JFK was the last president who talked in detail in his speaches about all the corruption and exposed the nwo. No pres since has done anything even remotely close to that. But it doesn't matter if your jfk or ron paul, if you get in someone will find your weakness and exploit it. For jfk it was that he was a womanizer so they were trying to get control of him using sex. If Ron paul ever won he's be seduced in some way too, either via the carrot the stick. No, voting is a waste of time if you ask me, especially in the US. The voting machines are rigged.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Well, personally I vote because in this country it is my right. I also consider it a privilege and my duty as a citizen.

That said, it frustrates me very much that the candidates with the most money usually win, that the money comes from huge corporations, and that we, the people seem to have really lost control of the process. I am in favor of campaign finance reform and spending limits. Candidates should have the same campaign spending caps and do the best they can within those limits. I bet we would see a lot more information about the platforms and less negative ads.

I also vote on local issues and local and state government. We get to vote on more than just the presidential elections. I feel like I have more ability to affect my community when I vote in local elections. For instance, they are considering building a highway through my neighborhood, but they could go around my neighborhood by simply expanding an existing road to create the highway. You can bet the people who live here are voting for the latter option.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
If you really want to make your vote count and do any good make sure you vote in your local elections. Take the time to research and look into who is running for your state legislature and county/city governments. At the local level is where you can get the most value for your votes. National elections or even gubernatorial elections are influenced by big money. We still have a chance to keep our republic intact and restore democracy, we just need to not give up hope and put more effort into the fight.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I have zero faith in the vote. None of those politicians care about the people, only getting richer screwing anybody else any way they can.

top topics

join