It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Is Funny

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Hey Estragon from the context of the day's when Monroe was President the and England was still not on the most favored status list the Orient and the US shared much in common. Even today such memories have not ceased to exist and for the most part this was my point.

Yes, the Flying Tigers were on the loosing side but they served with honor. So while not everyone agreed with there actions but quarter (as I understand it) is
allotted with respect to bravery.

[Edited on 28-4-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I'm sure some of it is simply the wheel of history,Toltec. No doubt there was, in past centuries, similar ill will towards the British, French, Spanish, Dutch even in Indonesia as it now is.
Now it's the USA's turn.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
What North Korea want in respect to a nonaggression treaty the United States will never give and south will not in all likelihood ask the US to change its mind.

This then presents the issue of how South Korea will react to the fact North Korea does not respect its current policy on North Korea having Nuclear weapons.

Keep in mind that NK's excuse for keeping such weapons is the certainty amongst the leadership the US will attack her otherwise

[Edited on 28-4-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Actually NZ didnt support the US led war into iraq but seem to want to support a US led attack on NK, Prime Minister Helen Clark was quoted during the first offensive manuvers in iraq as saying 'if Gore were President there wouldnt be a war'. According to a recent public Survey 80% of NZ'ers were for supporting the US led invasion and 90% of NZ'ers think Helen Clark should keep her mouth shut.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 07:07 AM
link   
...you'd better start with North Korea and after go to middle east.
Since 1947, date of creation of ISRAEL, everybody in the world wait the moron who will put fire in middle east. With GWBUSH, I think we have found him !

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 08:00 AM
link   
MM, why we haven't bought into NK's threats in my opinion is, President Clinton fell into that whole thing with them, signed a treaty and paid them off not build nukes which they did anyway. they are blackmail artist and I don't think we are going to play that game with them. i don't think that they are as big and bad as they want to think they are and I think if they want to start using Nukes, I think they have an advesary more than willing to show them how military operations work. I think they know this and i think they watched Iraq fall in less than a monthy and I think they would love nothing more than to take back the last year and have a chance to rethink the decision to make the threat they did. make no mistake, their ass is the one on the line here and they know it. I look to see them shut the hell up until Bush is out of office and maybe Kerry or whoever replaces him will pay them off enough to secretly build a huge arsonal so eventually they can take over the world. I think they now realize that they are going to get absolutly nowhere with this guy because he's already shown, it doesn't bother him to use force.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join